UK - we may have a problem

124»

Comments

• Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    nation wrote:
    Windy here yesterday and this morning, but not unduly so.

Seemed to be much heavier going on the way in yesterday than it was today, and I had a lovely rapid tailwind on the way home.

Don't know what it'll be like on the way home today, but it's been steadily drizzling most of the morning so I'm going to go with "wet".

It was bright and sunny when I left the city centre at about 9 this morning seems okay out here in solihull so should be a nice ride home, but i'm not due to go home till about 6:30.
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Ummmm.....

people here are saying it's worse today.

Feck. :shock:

pretty bad here now too, really sunny but really really windy. fingers crossed its a tailwind
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Ummmm.....

rusty-nail-tetanus-1.jpg
  • Was quite pleasant on my ride back into the city from Tonbridge this morning... but last night on the ride down it was hard work scaling the first CAT5 climb into a headwind - I dropped to under 6mph - you can see the gusts on the Garmin readout, without the wind I was keeping a steady 10mph... mind you without the headwind and on a -8.3% downhill section I did hit 39mph!
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Ummmm.....

rusty-nail-tetanus-1.jpg

Hmph,

I led for 90% of the ride back last night and my mate has asked if I can leave work early today 'cos he has to. (the big baby)

I didn't say I wasn't going to do the ride home... just that it's going to be harder - we get no shelter out here in the country you know?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Ummmm.....

rusty-nail-tetanus-1.jpg

Hmph,

I led for 90% of the ride back last night and my mate has asked if I can leave work early today 'cos he has to. (the big baby)

I didn't say I wasn't going to do the ride home... just that it's going to be harder - we get no shelter out here in the country you know?

You're talking (typing?) to someone who grew up commuting in the Fens. I know a thing or two about strong winds :P
  • nothing to see here, move along, sunny and not very windy now...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Blue sky, fluffy white (stationary) clouds this morning and slow as a slow thing due to way too little riding recently.

Must try harder.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Rode out to Gun Hill yesterday for the TOB, was a lovely ride there, not so nice coming back :x

Also, I got sunburnt, WTF is that about? It's September FFS! I didn't notice the sun was strong because the wind was so cold :roll:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • nation
    nation Posts: 609
    Torvid wrote:
    nation wrote:
    Windy here yesterday and this morning, but not unduly so.

Seemed to be much heavier going on the way in yesterday than it was today, and I had a lovely rapid tailwind on the way home.

Don't know what it'll be like on the way home today, but it's been steadily drizzling most of the morning so I'm going to go with "wet".

It was bright and sunny when I left the city centre at about 9 this morning seems okay out here in solihull so should be a nice ride home, but i'm not due to go home till about 6:30.

Turned out nice in the end yesterday. Nice ride in this morning, too. Have been really knackered from the wind this week so it was nice to get a bit of respite.