It's not just women

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Everybody does dogging? Blimey, you do learn somethnig new every day. Not sure the EPO will consider a load of blokes on a forum as being a reliable source.
  • Has anyone here tried using "water" to moisturise?
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    E45 always worked when my elbows got tough and itchy. Likewise Soltan.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Cafewanda wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    You need to get into Bio-Oil guys. Smells nice, (not too girly), works wonders, and magics away those stretchmarks - for those of you who have the weight dropping off after starting cycling!

I love bio oil, it's fab stuff!

I am rather partial to shea butter as well and have noticed Jake is starting to use it. certinally makes the beard more bearable as it helps moisturise his face and keeps the bristles softer.

I still hate the beard however :shock:

Put him into a deep sleep then remove? :wink:

I am tempted to do that, but possibly best to wait until around november 5th when he needs to be sedated due to the fireworks setting off his flashbacks. :P :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Unless he is under really deep, he could wake up during a firework display and find a figure with a razor at his throat, he really won't be responsible for his actions.

Aside from the physical assault you would be commiting, it could be personally dangerous for you, a bit like cleaning a loaded gun with a dodgy safety.

I joking...

A bit.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • NGale
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Unless he is under really deep, he could wake up during a firework display and find a figure with a razor at his throat, he really won't be responsible for his actions.

Aside from the physical assault you would be commiting, it could be personally dangerous for you, a bit like cleaning a loaded gun with a dodgy safety.

I joking...

A bit.

believe me when he's under sedation you can get away with anything he's that out of it. :lol:
  • Jason82
    Jason82 Posts: 142
    Errr ok I keep my hair short to avoid helmet hair and shave once a week (I obviously shower everyday also) but that's the extent of my grooming.

Anyway I do have trouble with male drivers of bmws and mini's Although no self respecting man would drive a mini unless it was an original cooper that he maintains and rebuilds himself. The new ones are for gays and girls who still consider themselves to be princesses at the age of 30 and class some cars as cute. The other reason rubbish male drivers drive minis is Foxtons and the other copycat estate agents fault.
    Missing a Boardman cx team
    FCN = 9
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    NGale wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    You need to get into Bio-Oil guys. Smells nice, (not too girly), works wonders, and magics away those stretchmarks - for those of you who have the weight dropping off after starting cycling!

I am rather partial to shea butter as well and have noticed Jake is starting to use it. certinally makes the beard more bearable as it helps moisturise his face and keeps the bristles softer.

I am tempted to do that, but possibly best to wait until around november 5th when he needs to be sedated due to the fireworks setting off his flashbacks. :P :lol:

You could do what a colleague's wife did to him.

Wait until he came home really drunk and passed out....then shave half the beard off, so he had no choice but to shave off the rest themselves to stop themselves looking like a tw@ :D
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    or replace the shea butter with Immac.

No idea if they look the same as I've no idea what shea butter is. Its usually country life in our fridge.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I'm in the wrong business.

I should start selling fatty fruit/nut based creams that add no value to anyone.

I'd make a fortune.

Unless you're going to walk around all day under your own mobile rain shower, this isn't going to work... Water runs off and dries unfortunately, the principal behind oil moisturiser is that it traps water close to the body
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • rick_chasey
    Has anyone here tried using "water" to moisturise?

Unless you're going to walk around all day under your own mobile rain shower, this isn't going to work... Water runs off and dries unfortunately, the principal behind oil moisturiser is that it traps water close to the body

If that's what you want, sod all the almold palm tree cocoa oil jizz stuff.

Diprobase

If that's what you want, sod all the almold palm tree cocoa oil jizz stuff.

Diprobase

Well that seems a bit extreme.... But jizz... Hmmm, now there's a thought...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Joelsim wrote:
    E45 always worked when my elbows got tough and itchy. Likewise Soltan.

zoltanDude-300x252.jpg
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • You lot are so soft. Go outside more, in crap weather. Trust me, your skin gets used to it.

Its just the same as all those shaving products, 5 blades and lubricating strip, aloe vera shaving foam, pah. I started by using a swiss army knife and the water from a mountain stream. Now I can shave with a piece of freshly chipped flint.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Actually I find that the new Gillett Fusion ProGlide gets too close when shaving and leaves the skin raw, I'm prone to razor bumbs.

I've had to up the quality of my Shaving Foam (Giltette Series foam) to Tough beard Fusion gel. Still gets too close.

I've got a Wilkinson Sword Quattro but that doesn't get close enough.

Argh!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rick_chasey
    Always foam for shaving. Never gel.
  • DonDaddyD
    Back in the Mach 3 dys I would agree. I hated Gel.

But with these new shaper, faster, closer, wider vibrating 5 blade razors the thickness of gel is a must.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Actually I find that the new Gillett Fusion ProGlide gets too close when shaving and leaves the skin raw, I'm prone to razor bumbs.

I've had to up the quality of my Shaving Foam (Giltette Series foam) to Tough beard Fusion gel. Still gets too close.

Argh!

None of them get you probably have issues because they all use blades about as sharp as a house brick. In most cases they actually pluck the hair from the folical rather than cut it.

Get a nice Merkur Future, some feather blades, a badger brush and some Taylors avocado shaving cream. You'll thank me for it.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • DonDaddyD
    Asprilla wrote:

Get a nice Merkur Future, some feather blades, a badger brush and some Taylors avocado shaving cream. You'll thank me for it.

I have considered it. Two things:

1. Is there a cheaper option to a £50 razor - can you replace the blade.

2. I shave once/twice a week as it takes that long to grow back. Is it necessary or is there a cheaper alternative?
    Food Chain number = 4

• greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    edited September 2011
    You lot are so soft. Go outside more, in crap weather. Trust me, your skin gets used to it.

Its just the same as all those shaving products, 5 blades and lubricating strip, aloe vera shaving foam, pah. I started by using a swiss army knife and the water from a mountain stream. Now I can shave with a piece of freshly chipped flint.

Tell me, would you say you're proficient at shaving? To the extent that work colleagues (such as your boss) remark on it?

Just curious.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Asprilla wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Argh!

None of them get you probably have issues because they all use blades about as sharp as a house brick. In most cases they actually pluck the hair from the folical rather than cut it.

Feather blades? He could lose a nose! Derby Extra is where it's at for comfort with sharpness. And Merkur, really? Shoddy build quality compared with my Mühle R89. But, yes, a decent single-blade razor is by far the best for sensitive skin. And the blades are about 10p each.

I recommend Mitchell's Wool Fat soap too.
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

I have considered it. Two things:

1. Is there a cheaper option to a £50 razor - can you replace the blade.

2. I shave once/twice a week as it takes that long to grow back. Is it necessary or is there a cheaper alternative?

1) http://www.steenbergs.co.uk/product/125 ... fety-razor £22 and a brilliant piece of kit, think of it as one pack of your current blades. Yes, you can replace the blades, they're the ones that punks used to have on their t-shirts.

2) Shaving, done right is a joy. A good razor is part of that.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699

I'm sure you've been getting progressively gayer every week since coming out on the forums a few months ago :lol:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    .........or grow a beard.

Beards-1.jpg
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • rick_chasey
    SimonAH wrote:
    .........or grow a beard.

My boss:
    You're totally entitled to grow a beard.

Just don't expect to carry on meeting clients.

So that's clear then.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I think its hilarious how much this thread has been derailed... :lol:
  • NGale
    snooks wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

You could do what a colleague's wife did to him.

Wait until he came home really drunk and passed out....then shave half the beard off, so he had no choice but to shave off the rest themselves to stop themselves looking like a tw@ :D

That or I could just shave it off to a tache. He would have to shave the rest then seeing as taches are a no no in the RN :lol:
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Skin only leaks one way...
  • dhope wrote:

I'm sure you've been getting progressively gayer every week since coming out on the forums a few months ago :lol:

At least he came out - the rest of this lot are still rattling around inside the bloody closet.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter