Comments

• FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Albasini takes it. Aggressive final 2km
  • FJS
    Tom BB wrote:
    Christ Keenan is grating today :x

He was just saying that its been a perfect day for Wiggins-am I watching a different race?

He commentates like he is watching the highlights for a late night cycling satellite TV channel.

Just awful.
    He's not good, but to be fair, it's not often you have someone having to commentate several hours of cycling solo. You really do need 2 commentators
  • FJS
    Tom BB wrote:
    Albasini great stuff and a very good win there. He's a good rider in the making......
    In the making? He's in his 30s and has been around for a long time...
  • How on earth has Nibali gone backwards in the GC?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,204
    FJS wrote:
    Tom BB wrote:
    Christ Keenan is grating today :x

He was just saying that its been a perfect day for Wiggins-am I watching a different race?

He commentates like he is watching the highlights for a late night cycling satellite TV channel.

Just awful.
    He's not good, but to be fair, it's not often you have someone having to commentate several hours of cycling solo. You really do need 2 commentators

I made that point the other day. When people comment on the apparently inane comments / questions of Harmon and Kirby that is why the do it, running commentary by one person on cycling doesn't work and there is no-one to bounce off to get a discussion going.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    How on earth has Nibali gone backwards in the GC?

I suspect that should read 4 seconds and not 24 seconds back. It was only a provisional result. (As he was 10 seconds down at start and gained 6 seconds - putting him at 4 seconds back. Can't see him losing 20 seconds in the run up)
  • Nibali finished two places behind Wiggins, both 1'33'' down.
  • Nibali time penalty?
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    FJS wrote:
    Tom BB wrote:
    Albasini great stuff and a very good win there. He's a good rider in the making......
    In the making? He's in his 30s and has been around for a long time...

:oops: I'd never heard of him before last years Tour of Britain! Wasn't today his first GT stage win too!

Chris Horner took his time before coming good too :D
  • NIbali was holding onto his team car with 21k to go. I still think the GC is probably a mistake rather than a harsh time penalty though.
    Even assuming it doesn't cost him any time, it's worth noting that he was isolated and getting his own bidons.
  • Pross
    He is still showing at 24 seconds on the ticker GC :?
  • Pross
    It's been amended now on the official site - 4 seconds (still showing as provisional).
  • NIbali was holding onto his team car with 21k to go. I still think the GC is probably a mistake rather than a harsh time penalty though.
    Even assuming it doesn't cost him any time, it's worth noting that he was isolated and getting his own bidons.

is it harsh if he go his six seconds, burnt his team out so then had to go to the car himself and held on for too long? Might be overly harsh but with such close gaps I would feel hard done by as another GC contender if he could do that.

EDIT: of course if it was standard holding on while fetching then that would be super harsh.
    Anyways Ned Boulting reporting someone made a typo, oooopppps!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Well, last week Dan Martin was given a 40s penalty for drafting his team car back to the peloton after a natural break... so they're being a bit stricter about such things
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • 232-RTR2QOYV.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest