Stage 13 ****SPOILER****

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    At least this action is reducing the gap the break's got.

3 teammates for Wiggins, got it down a little bit.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • just 10 secs now, no panic
  • They will get back but why on earth did Wiggo let that go, he is using his guys to chase and they will be burnt out soon as no one else will chase, he has to be far more attentive. He should have just stayed close with these guys.
  • jibberjim
    Wiggins group back together with Nibali. Gap to front is down to 1:45 but I expect it'll come right back up again now.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    This ain't the Tour boys.

People actually race elsewhere.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Gripping stuff, that was a worry for a moment.
  • rick_chasey
    angliru not live?

*sigh*
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    angliru not live?

*sigh*

itv 4 on your computer
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    camerone wrote:
    angliru not live?

*sigh*

itv 4 on your computer

Not live on ITV4 either. They have touring cars instead.
  • camerone
    afx237vi wrote:
    camerone wrote:
    angliru not live?

*sigh*

itv 4 on your computer

it will be on itv on line live though
  • sonny73
    camerone wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    camerone wrote:
    angliru not live?

*sigh*

itv 4 on your computer

it will be on itv on line live though
    Shocking, I've planned my weekend around watching that!! Oh well, online it is.
  • sonny73
    Yep ITV4 highlights only on TV 7.00 - 8.00 :cry:
  • fastercyclist
    fastercyclist Posts: 396
    edited September 2011
    ITV should fly out some better cameras for tomorrows stage....if it's worth going on TV it's worth a decent camera, surely? :shock: video camera phones have better receptions/antennae then we're seeing.... Starting to feel sorry for Boulting having to cover up the gaps.

I think Nibs is in the front group? Hard to tell...whatever happens at the end of todays stage I think Wiggins needs to get some time in on the other guys quickish. You can't win on this margin....too many pro cyclists act as if they've won once they reach #1 spot even if it's by a few seconds.
    The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome
  • sonny73
    ITV site says regarding Vuelta showings: The only exception is Sunday 4 September, when Stage 15 will be broadcast exclusively on ITV.com, with an extended highlights package on ITV4 that evening.
  • angliru will be live on german eurosport, which is available analogue (in english!) and digital (german only) on 19.2E - handy if you have an old sky dish on the house still.
  • rick_chasey
    Let's hope ES show it 'as live'.
  • sonny73
    ITV.com Sunday 4th live @ 14.45-17.00
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    angliru will be live on german eurosport, which is available analogue (in english!) and digital (german only) on 19.2E - handy if you have an old sky dish on the house still.

how do you get german eurosport? Ive got sky and i think its a reasonably old dish....
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Can the peloton get this back?? Hmm hope so for my fantasy hopes!

And i will be watching on German Eurosport tomorrow :-)
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • I think Nibs is in the front group? Hard to tell...whatever happens at the end of todays stage I think Wiggins needs to get some time in on the other guys quickish. You can't win on this margin....too many pro cyclists act as if they've won once they reach #1 spot even if it's by a few seconds.

Lets be fair though where is the impression that Wiggins thinks that he has a comfy lead to sit on till the end coming from? I haven;'t heard any quotes from Sky saying that. Just because in two days they haven't hammered it to create a split doesn't mean they are not looking for an opportunity to take advantage of conditions with tactics. I am sure if it comes they will take their chances.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Christ Keenan is grating today :x

He was just saying that its been a perfect day for Wiggins-am I watching a different race?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,585
    Does anyone here use Betfair? I'd like to back Moreno for the win, but he is not available in the market. What does that mean? Do they settle on second?
  • MrTapir wrote:
    angliru will be live on german eurosport, which is available analogue (in english!) and digital (german only) on 19.2E - handy if you have an old sky dish on the house still.

how do you get german eurosport? Ive got sky and i think its a reasonably old dish....
    it has to be so old that it isn't working any more. sky changed satellite in 2001 and the one that their dishes used to point at isn't used for sky tv anymore, but still carries free to air eurosport.
  • jibberjim
    Roche, Sorensen and Moreno really should be working too - they have more reason than Euskatel, but I've not seen them do a single turn.

EDIT Actually not Moreno as he'll then endanger J-Rod's place more.
  • camerone
    i hope Wiggins keeps an eye out, gets towards the front of the group at the end and doesnt leak a second or two with a split in the group. that would be careless
  • Tom BB wrote:
    Christ Keenan is grating today :x

He was just saying that its been a perfect day for Wiggins-am I watching a different race?

He commentates like he is watching the highlights for a late night cycling satellite TV channel.

Just awful.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Albasini great stuff and a very good win there. He's a good rider in the making.

Nico Roche was poor-he's got a pretty quick finish on him and didn't seem to think to try and get a few bonus seconds.....