SW Londoners - Interested in a group ride?

1235»

Comments

• Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    I'll be heading along for the KW club ride on Sunday, probably with a mate who's fairly new to group cycling. If anyone wants to come along too, please come and join us. I'll probably be riding there through RP so can always meet up on route.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    I'll be heading along for the KW club ride on Sunday, probably with a mate who's fairly new to group cycling. If anyone wants to come along too, please come and join us. I'll probably be riding there through RP so can always meet up on route.
    Ta for leading mate, enjoyed the ride. Will aim for next week too depending on what time I'm meeting the folks for lunch.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Twas a good ride, though I spent far too much time on the front into that headwind. Compared power outputs with one of the others on Strava and I averaged 50w more for the 2.5 hours we were moving for. No wonder my legs feel shoot now. 17.6 average is slow for that route too. Last time it was 18.4, though it was about 10 degrees warmer!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Tell me about it. Did a similar route by the look of Strava. Nasty headwind, and I was solo so nowhere to hide. Managed an 18.7av over 64 miles tho, so the training is slowly starting to work (thank god).
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    anyone out on Sunday...?
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    anyone out on Sunday...?

Planning on getting out this weekend.
  • il_principe
    Saturday I'm afraid. Having friends for dinner on Sat so I'll be in no shape Sunday.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    JZed wrote:
    anyone out on Sunday...?

Planning on getting out this weekend.

I'm out on sunday for a very stately zone 2 progress of about 4 hours . . . very stately . . no heroics, no heart rate north of 140.

Starting off from Richmond, about 10 ish . .
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    No :(
    Have to let me knee sort itself out and see family. Something about my sister being back in the country for the first time in 9 months. What. Ever
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    I'll be doing Windsor on Saturday.

Anyone want in? Hoping the group will be quick as I want 20mph on that route this week. Leaving laithwaites at 9!
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    okgo wrote:

Anyone want in? Hoping the group will be quick as I want 20mph on that route this week. Leaving laithwaites at 9!

I'm Sunday morning. Hopefully there'll be a fastish Windsor ride.
  • il_principe
    okgo wrote:

I'm heading out Windsor way on Sat, but 9 is too late for me I'm afraid. Plan to be on the road by 8 at the latest.
  • Will probably be doing a Windsor ride with K on Saturday morning and a run down to Leith Hill on Sunday again.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    45 miles from the Wharf to Sittingbourne this afternoon, 55 miles back to SW London tomorrow morning, who knows I might be up for a ride on Sunday.....
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5