SW Londoners - Interested in a group ride?

Comments

• stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    cjcp wrote:
    And miss Saturday Kitchen...?

James Martin is an insufferable prick, but he is Sky+ able.

One of the worst programmes on TV. Can't watch, won't watch.

Mr Martin= cyclist-hating bastard.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • stuaff
    Back on topic: Tomorrow, will be doing the Olympic road race route (well, just one climb of Box) with assorted chums from CycleChat. Fairly easy and fairly rapid (14-15 mph average) 80 miler.
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • StuAff wrote:
    Back on topic: Tomorrow, will be doing the Olympic road race route (well, just one climb of Box) with assorted chums from CycleChat. Fairly easy and fairly rapid (14-15 mph average) 80 miler.

don't get me wrong the test event was fun, but the route? lots of roads most avoid since they aren't terribly nice to ride on.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Bah. I can't believe you lot are heading out on the weekend I can't make it! I'm off to see my cousin, trying to work out how to convert a 30 mile ride to Sevenoaks into a 55 mile ride to Sevenoaks taking in some hills. Just told the wife it will be a 3 hour ride and she's now not happy. Looks like the Sunday "long slow ride" might turn into a "medium quick ride" for me :( Or I MTFU and leave at 7am. On a Sunday.

Have a great ride, hopefully I'll be along with you all for the next one.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    There is always next weekend?
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    StuAff wrote:

Think I rode past the CC bunch at about 9:15 or so just heading towards Sawyers.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Did my first attempt at 3 laps of RP at least. 63mins. That'll do me, and next up is beating the hour mark.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    2 punctures in 10 minutes and then Q'd for about 15 minutes in a crap bike shop to get a spare tube - they didnt have 23-28 so I had to buy 2 tubes (run 23 on front and 28 on back). Bad mood. Came home. Going to have a bath. :(
  • cyclingprop
    Poor you cc. They didn't have any tubes in costalot coffee either, but it was warm #weekendoff :)
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Think I'm going to have a lie in instead. Looks like its going to be close to freezing. May do a couple of laps of the park later on.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JZed wrote:
    Think I'm going to have a lie in instead. Looks like its going to be close to freezing.

It was a bit below in the Park this morning, I think. Was lovely, though.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • il_principe
    I lost all feeling in my toes yesterday. Can't find my overshoes. Freezing fog out in Surrey!
  • clarkey cat
    expected to see Sketchley and JZed and on the Boz Hill ride this morning but, alas, no sign of big guys on Genesis or Planet X. Nice and (very) gentle pace but it was beautiful out... have just done tiger prawns, kate and sidney pudding and a toffee crumble... 2 pints of St Peters.

zzzzzzz.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Was out for my ride and wondered who else had made it out. I don't think it got above freezing for the entire ride, but I saw some stunning scenery, all covered in frost and lit by a low rising sun.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Sorry woke up late... And it was cold.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • stuaff
    Judging by the temperature yesterday- haven't been out today- definitely back to wrap-up-warm weather. I went for the roubaix & windtex bibs, Sealskins and MW80 boots, was fine. Good day out, 78 miles at a rolling average of 13 mph and a cracking lunch. (the train back was a different matter...). IP (who indeed sped past us in RP..), thought you'd bought some rather nice Northwave boots?
  • cyclingprop
    So thinking ahead to next Sunday... who's around?
  • il_principe
    StuAff wrote:
    Judging by the temperature yesterday- haven't been out today- definitely back to wrap-up-warm weather. I went for the roubaix & windtex bibs, Sealskins and MW80 boots, was fine. Good day out, 78 miles at a rolling average of 13 mph and a cracking lunch. (the train back was a different matter...). IP (who indeed sped past us in RP..), thought you'd bought some rather nice Northwave boots?

I use the Northwave's for commuting as they are fitted with SPD cleats. Cannot be arced with changing pedals over. Cannot find my overshoes anywhere so have just ordered a pair from Prendas:

http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ID=3024
  • dhope
    Tomorrow. Thinking of a maiden outing with the Kingston Wheelers, any other forumites about?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    dhope wrote:
    Tomorrow. Thinking of a maiden outing with the Kingston Wheelers, any other forumites about?

It will be cold, very cold.... I will not be out on the bike...
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • clarkey cat
    I'll be out dhope. Been off the bike since Tuesday so need to have a spin.
  • dhope
    Did you make it out CC? Brass monkeys to begin but glad I finally made it out.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,771
    Well done. Bit chilly. I'd like to make it out but so many other time pressures (excuses). If I do get out on the bike on a Sunday morning it will be down the river towards Weybridge with the boy.
  • clarkey cat
    I did not. I thought it said on the KW Forum it wasnt going ahead...?
  • dhope
    I did not. I thought it said on the KW Forum it wasnt going ahead...?
    Pretty low turnout, about a dozen people, half newbies like me
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • clarkey cat
    where did you go? A TT on hungry hill lane had been cancelled and I'd heard Box Hill was snowed off so thought most of the hills would've been off limits and dont really like riding around Chertsey.
  • dhope
    Windsor with a pause for cake

http://app.strava.com/rides/4095663
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Chocolate Cafe place in Windsor?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • dhope
    cjcp wrote:
    Chocolate Cafe place in Windsor?
    Farm shop, just after leaving the park
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • clarkey cat
    I wont be out with KWers now until 11 March but if anyone fancies doing the Surrey Rumble. 4 March - leaving from Downside (Cobham) then I'm doing that...

A SCR chain-gang?