STAGE 19 SPOILER - let the culling continue

Comments

• alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,584
    Cav pulling on green on podium
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,205
    Geraint 44th today came in with Szmyd, Moncoutie and Arroyo 9.47 down. Decent ride.
  • RowCycle
    RowCycle Posts: 367
    Cav on podium in green
  • Pross
    Corneymuppet will be absolutely livid :D
  • Pross wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Looked like Rojas at the front of the group but image on my PC wasn't the best.

Definitely Rojas with Cav in that group (Imlach must be blind). So as long as he's ahead of him on Sunday, it's green jersey for Cav.

Unless Rojas wins the intermediate and Cav doesn't place :wink: Let's hope Cav doesn't take any undue risks in trying to win the stage (or that he doesn't get eliminated in the TT!).

Yes....so finish ahead of Rojas on Sunday...gosh!
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    stokepa31 wrote:
    andykloedi Andreas Klöden
    Sorry to P. Roland. I've forgotten in the rush,that his team mate was in yellow.He don't need to work than.Congrats and sorry for mistake.

i should think so too

do you think someone had a quiet word that he shouldnt be such a whinging git about other riders?
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    stokepa31 wrote:
    Sorry to P. Roland. I've forgotten in the rush,that his team mate was in yellow.He don't need to work than.Congrats and sorry for mistake.

i should think so too

Perhaps someone reminded "andykloedi" that even if Roland had sat it in and not worked, it was far, far less unfair than, for example, travelling to Freiburg Universtity Clinic after a TdF stage to get topped up
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 560
    MrTapir wrote:
    stokepa31 wrote:

i should think so too

do you think someone had a quiet word that he shouldnt be such a whinging git about other riders?

well i certainly told him what i thought lol
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • MrTapir
    LangerDan wrote:
    stokepa31 wrote:

i should think so too

Perhaps someone reminded "andykloedi" that even if Roland had sat it in and not worked, it was far, far less unfair than, for example, travelling to Freiburg Universtity Clinic after a TdF stage to get topped up

Was it an FDJ rider that shouted at him 'you are nothing but a doper' at Paris-Nice?
  • TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    Cav and Rojas both 20 pts down on http://www.letour.fr/2011/TDF/LIVE/us/1 ... index.html

Cav 280
    Rojas 265
    Glbertt 230

Anyone know the points values for the intermediate sprint and final in Paris?
  • afx237vi wrote:
    Kloden

amazing race. but Rolland didnt work one meter and makes one to death, and than he Attackt the last 2 km. something does not make it.
    1 minute ago

:roll:

Wonderful words of wisdom from Ulle's ex-bitch :roll:
  • MrTapir
    stokepa31 wrote:
    MrTapir wrote:
    stokepa31 wrote:

i should think so too

well i certainly told him what i thought lol

Good one. Nice avatar by the way
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,795
    not bad but I prefer my racing to be more nail biting
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    I bet Iain has passed out from boredom :lol:
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    If Cav still wins the points comp after having been docked 50 points in total I would say he thoroughly deserves the green jersey
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • mididoctors
    If Cav still wins the points comp after having been docked 50 points in total I would say he thoroughly deserves the green jersey

yes I concur

well done him
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    official time on the alpe for PR is 42,01

slower than a 1987 Luis Herrera on a 200km stage

stopwatch starting point?
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157

And some could say that two consecutive stages outside the time limit means he shouldn't even be in the race.
  • stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 560
    edited July 2011
    SpaceJunk wrote:

And some could say that two consecutive stages outside the time limit means he shouldn't even be in the race.

but he is so its a moot point. now, behave or we'll all stop cheering on your guy tomorrow :)
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    SpaceJunk wrote:

Fair comment. Perhaps the rules should be more strictly enforced. It would be quite exciting to see a handful of climbers entertaining the crowd on the Champs
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    SpaceJunk wrote:

some could say that, but that would make them idiots
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited July 2011
    SpaceJunk wrote:

Some would say the organisers made a mistake when they decided to cut the time limits this year (particularly as they expected the sprinters to sprint almost every day, sometimes twice). They would been inside both under last year's rules.

Only 52 riders made both. 115 didn't. That suggests the time limit is too tight.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    RichN95 wrote:
    That suggests the time limit is too tight.

100% this.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Pross wrote:

It was quite good, but the first part was a lot better than the climb to AdH.

All I hope now is Evans can do enough tomorrow to win.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    tumblr_loqn4knrIE1qacyk6o1_500.png

YEAH - TAKE THIS TOSSER OUT
    Getty
    74a2e2698d51ad9c28dece78ebfb8384-getty-_.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    From y'day I think
    tumblr_lolhzpZdb61qa3ggpo1_500.png
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Again from y'day:
    tumblr_lop5o5grRr1qacyk6o1_500.png
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    iainf72 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

It was quite good, but the first part was a lot better than the climb to AdH.

All I hope now is Evans can do enough tomorrow to win.

At least he's the real winner of the green jersey. :wink:

Galibier: Bertie dropped by a two frenchmen.
    Alpe d'Huez: Bertie dropped by a frenchman.

Must be a bit of a conundrum for frenchfighter, as he ponders this from his bonk bunker. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    RichN95 wrote:
    Incidently, I timed Rolland's climb at 41.10.

The freaks in the clinic forum over at cyclingnews have Sanchez at around 41:30 and Rolland at around 42:00
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Man, Klodi is on full-on moron mode on Twitter.