Money is no object - What MTB would you buy?

124»

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Yeaahhhh... That'd do for me as well.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    a Orange 5 carbon 9.9 leftie 29er Fixie :lol:
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • lesz42
    a Orange 5 carbon 9.9 leftie 29er Fixie :lol:
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • lesz42
    twice!
  • lesz42
    twice!
  • tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    double double post fail...
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • guy72277
    guy72277 Posts: 74
    The more I think about this, the more I realise there is no bike that I lust after at the minute. The one I have is just fine.
    diy wrote:
    I just can't bring myself to blow silly money on toys, I much prefer to get myself a bargain.

+1 for these
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    guy72277 wrote:
    The more I think about this, the more I realise there is no bike that I lust after at the minute. The one I have is just fine.
    diy wrote:
    I just can't bring myself to blow silly money on toys, I much prefer to get myself a bargain.

+1 for these
    Whats wrong with you guys!
    N+1
    Surely there is something you would upgrade on your current bike? even the 2012 version of the same bike? Different colour? anyyyyyything?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Newer bars would be nice I guess, and an XT rear brake to match the front. Maybe XT shifters and rear mech. Other than that, it's pretty much exactly as I want it. It's already got a healthy selection of saint, mavic, crank bros etc, it's not really lacking.
  • guy72277
    guy72277 Posts: 74
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    guy72277 wrote:
    diy wrote:

+1 for these
    Whats wrong with you guys!
    N+1
    Surely there is something you would upgrade on your current bike? even the 2012 version of the same bike? Different colour? anyyyyyything?

Just don't enjoy spending money and the bike I have it exactly what I wanted and need for the XC type stuff I do. Got a bargin on ebay - second hand from the states. Don't do downhill so don't needs a downhiller. Had a 26er hard tail for 11 years so not interested in going back. Carbon would make me paranoid, don't need more suspension travel. SLX kit works perfectly and I have a selection of tyres. Love riding my Ellsworth Evolve 2009 - perfect bike for me.
  • Shaggy_Dog
    Shaggy_Dog Posts: 688
    Off the peg: Trek Superfly 100 Elite

Custom Build: Intense Tracer 29 with XTR Trail, Easton Haven Carbon wheels and finishing kit and Fox 34's.
    I had to beat them to death with their own shoes...
    HiFi Pro Carbon '09

LTS DH '96

The Mighty Dyna-Sore - The 90's?
  • VWsurfbum
    Well that told me :D

If i was just going with upgrades (from where i'm at now)
    Brakes, Probably XTR as they look pimp,
    Easton Carbon bars
    XX 2x10 drive train, inc that lovely cassette. (maybe two, one for just looking at)
    and if i was feeling really plush a set of Fox mentally overpriced 29er forks.

Oh and i did touch on the subject of new CB wheels with the wife last night, just because the newer version of my ones come with a coloured rim! trying to explain the price of doing so was nearly £700 just for a bit of coulour didnt go down too well :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    Shaggy_Dog wrote:
    Off the peg: Trek Superfly 100 Elite

Custom Build: Intense Tracer 29 with XTR Trail, Easton Haven Carbon wheels and finishing kit and Fox 34's.
    You sir have good taste.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Surf boy yoru current wheels scare the crap outta me :s you want more scary wheels?
  • VWsurfbum
    LOL you can never have enough scary stuff :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    Speak for your self, cleared the bigish 5foot double at fod recently, i like non scary parts for that lol.

Though much kudos for the size of your knackers!
  • Thewaylander
    Speak for your self, cleared the bigish 5foot double at fod recently, i like non scary parts for that lol.

Though much kudos for the size of your knackers!