The Tour - Stage 13 - Spoiler

Comments

• josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Vultures! They scare me.
    Bad experience?

No, just an irrational fear. I've never met one, personally, although there are some mean looking seagulls around here.

You ought to take yer time kick back with a few starlings (nothin serious just chat) then move on to pigeons, owls (they're no trouble), kites (good for a giggle) before mustering up the strength and getting a good serious talk on with an eagle.

...that'll sort ya
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Whilst that's clearly an impressive record, the key is in the word "second".

Maybe, but I pointed out a rather critical detail about the person in first in each case. How does Frank's GT record make him a more likely winner? Sure he looked stronger yesterday, but part of that is Evans and Basso don't feel they have to mark him the way they do Andy.

PS. I don't suggest that the Schlecks have the moral high ground regarding PEDs, but they haven't been caught yet, maybe when the race reaches Italy Frank may have bigger problems than his TTing.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    josame wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Vultures! They scare me.
    Bad experience?

No, just an irrational fear. I've never met one, personally, although there are some mean looking seagulls around here.

You ought to take yer time kick back with a few starlings (nothin serious just chat) then move on to pigeons, owls (they're no trouble), kites (good for a giggle) before mustering up the strength and getting a good serious talk on with an eagle.

...that'll sort ya

Good thinking.

I know a cracking owl sanctuary.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    Frank Schleck was caught transferring money to Dr Fuentes for 'training plans'.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    What's being discussed in this thread is proof this is a turd of a "mountain" stage.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    Haven't you got a party to go and poop, Iain? :wink:
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Ha ha gilbert thought the 1k to sprint was the finish line for the sprint. D'oh.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • josame
    iainf72 wrote:
    What's being discussed in this thread is proof this is a turd of a "mountain" stage.

That and I've got no work on!
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    josame wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

that was my first contribution. :wink: I'm not the one talking about owls and stuff.

:lol:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:

Or, as Sean Kelly said yesterday, a nice pile of cow shite.
  • josame
    iainf72 wrote:
    josame wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

that was my first contribution. :wink: I'm not the one talking about owls and stuff.

• camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    whats hushovd up to??
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:

You know why it is a turd.

It's a shame to waste the aubisque though. Surely a little gallop over the marie-blanque with the finish line right at the bottom would shake it up enough to be exciting without ruining the GC tension?
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    iainf72 wrote:

Don't know how you can say that. Aren't two of the largest riders in the race away in a break on a 1700m mountain. Its just like the good old days.

Besides, I like vultures.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    If Frenchfighter is to be believed a true champion would attack on the Aubisque and solo the 40KM to the finish so I suspect Contador is just biding his time before making his move, you watch this space!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • afx237vi
    josame wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Vultures! They scare me.
    Bad experience?

...that'll sort ya

Good thinking.

I went to a bird of prey sanctuary in Cornwall a couple of years ago, which was nice. They did a display but one of the owls was so lazy it just hopped around on the ground. That I could cope with.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    josame wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Vultures! They scare me.
    Bad experience?

...that'll sort ya

Good thinking.

Or we could go shopping?
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    afx237vi wrote:
    josame wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Vultures! They scare me.
    Bad experience?

...that'll sort ya

Good thinking.

I went to a bird of prey sanctuary in Cornwall a couple of years ago, which was nice. They did a display but one of the owls was so lazy it just hopped around on the ground. That I could cope with.

You idiot, that was a chicken!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • afx237vi
    Hushovd flying up the Aubisque. Keep calm and carrion.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    camerone wrote:
    whats hushovd up to??

He's just gone off the front of the breakaway, 20 secs ahead, and now Roy is trying to reach him, which it looks like he will.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:

You idiot, that was a chicken!

Clucking hell.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    camerone wrote:
    whats hushovd up to??

He's just gone off the front of the breakaway, 20 secs ahead, and now Roy is trying to reach him, which it looks like he will.

i was wondering what his tactic is more than anything! fair play to him riding like a true champion / nobber (depending if he wins / dies a death)
  • josame
    edited July 2011
  • disgruntledgoat
    MrTapir

I'm glad somebody got that.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    afx237vi wrote:
    Hushovd flying up the Aubisque. Keep calm and carrion.

:lol::lol::lol: Priceless stuff keep it coming
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • afx237vi
    Roy virtually won the stage already. Great Tour he's been having.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Chavanel, Thomas both out the back. It'll be a large "laughing group" today.

The teams have been warned that a tunnel on the descent is slippery. Nice.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Can Thor get 2 minutes back over 40k?
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • disgruntledgoat
    LangerDan wrote:
    Chavanel, Thomas both out the back. It'll be a large "laughing group" today.

The teams have been warned that a tunnel on the descent is slippery. Nice.

There's two, I think. Are ASO keeping them guessing? I think that would make an interesting twist to the radio debate

@gietvangent
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Can Thor get 2 minutes back over 40k?

Yes.