TDF Stage 9 ***SPOILER***

12345679»

Comments

• sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    TheStone wrote:
    Bertie doesn't look right.
    With you there, AC doesn't look sharp at all.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    TheStone wrote:
    The bookies have switched favourites:

Current Odds (betfair):
    ASch 5/4
    Cont 85/40
    Evns 5
    FSch 37
    Bass 65
    Klod 90

I agree. Bertie doesn't look right. Andy, riding into shape and has got through week one with the Frank weapon still to play.

Basso must be a danger. Kept out of trouble for week 1 and probably still recovering from that crash last month.

Could be interesting, although we've really lost too much of the second tier already.

How long will Tommy V hold onto yellow. Is LLS more of a GC factor?

Those Contador odds? Isn't it 17/8?
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Contador out to 11/5 this morning on betfair.
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    If Contador can stop getting involved in crashes, then i'd still give him a decent chance
  • rick_chasey
    Van den Broeck's injuries:

A collapsed lung, three broken ribs and a broken shoulder blade
  • rick_chasey
    Van den Broeck's injuries:

A collapsed lung, three broken ribs and a broken shoulder blade

Just read he'll stay in intensive care for at least another 2 days.
  • A sickening day in terms of the damage these riders are taking.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Like a lot of people I used to not be a big fan of the "returned" Vino. Unrepentant, and he really threw his weight around within the Astana organziation - he didn't care about the feeling of Armstorng nor Contador, when he was back, it was HIS team.

But after his gutsy attack the day before and his bad crash yesterday, I must say you have to feel for him. He, like Durand, Voeckler, Abdu, Cancellara, Jalabert (in his polkadot phase) are exciting attacking riders that make races.

It's a pity that he has to bow out like this. As we know from Floyd, when you crack the top of your femur, since it doesn't, for some reason, have a terrific amound of blood flow, recovery can take a while. 2012 might not be an option.

Disclaimer - note that the above is in no way as sad as 61 refugees dying in a boat. Just in case anyone had any issue with showing any empathy towards another cyclist, on a cycling forum, by an amateur cyclist who spends 100s of hours a year practicing said sport :-)
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Aye :D
    Peter
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Like a lot of people I used to not be a big fan of the "returned" Vino. Unrepentant, and he really threw his weight around within the Astana organziation - he didn't care about the feeling of Armstorng nor Contador, when he was back, it was HIS team.

But after his gutsy attack the day before and his bad crash yesterday, I must say you have to feel for him. He, like Durand, Voeckler, Abdu, Cancellara, Jalabert (in his polkadot phase) are exciting attacking riders that make races.

It's a pity that he has to bow out like this. As we know from Floyd, when you crack the top of your femur, since it doesn't, for some reason, have a terrific amound of blood flow, recovery can take a while. 2012 might not be an option.

Disclaimer - note that the above is in no way as sad as 61 refugees dying in a boat. Just in case anyone had any issue with showing any empathy towards another cyclist, on a cycling forum, by an amateur cyclist who spends 100s of hours a year practicing said sport :-)

:lol: You have got a long memory!

What about them bastar*s chucking pony's in a river :shock: