TDF Stage 9 ***SPOILER***

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Cancellara up to his old tricks. Get on with it.
    Hushovd won't sit and let the jersey go because the Schlecks have got the willies again.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Thor great chance of keeping the Jersey to Paris at this rate !!!!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Cancellara not quite up to PR levels of whining yet...
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Thor great chance of keeping the Jersey to Paris at this rate !!!!

Poor Vino - Tho Gary Imlach will be happy......shocking comment yesterday that everyone in the press gantry were happy he didnt snatch the win yesterday ???? So what happens if Millar wins a stage who's an Ex Doper.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Makes me want anyone but the Flamin' Schlecks from winning this race..if only they could get their heads from out of each other's ar$es and understand you gain respect from actually winning something, not chucking your teddy every time something you don't like happens.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Chavanel looks ready to stop.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Makes me want anyone but the Flamin' Schlecks from winning this race..if only they could get their heads from out of each other's ar$es and understand you gain respect from actually winning something, not chucking your teddy every time something you don't like happens.

amen to that.

you need to win a lot of stuff before you get to decide when people can race.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Was the Garmin rider definitely Zabriskie?
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 1,387
    Of the remaining gc contendors I'm leaning towards Evans now.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Cancellara might be one hell of a bike rider, but he's a self-imnportant prick as well! Trying to control the peloton, self proclaimed Spartacus and then have you read his tweets!?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    carnage

Imagine what it could be like for the Etape du Tour riders should the roads be in a similar dry/wet state... :?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I hope Voeckler puts 10 minutes into the field and keeps the Maillot Jeune all the way to Paris!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Gazzetta67
    Gilbert should just put his team on the front and F**k off LeoTURD Shrek. Same as Monty Dog i just hope it's Contador who batters both Schlecks
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    I certaintly agree that Voeklers mindless attacks can make make for good watching... but cant help but feel that if the guy rode more tactically, he could do more on the GC... He can climb when he wants to, and he could learn to TT....
    www.dotcycling.com
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    If they don't like what Canc does they need to grow a pair and ignore him. Thor and Gilbert should certainly be above Canc's influence
  • disgruntledgoat
    voeckler- "please bury yourself so I can have yellow!"

@gietvangent
  • gregster04
    gregster04 Posts: 1,754
    Long way to go yet, the pace will pick up soon i think, whether Spartacus likes it or not
  • emadden
    Frank having a laff...
    www.dotcycling.com
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Shame for VDB. Much like Wiggo, has had a great build up and was looking good.

Gilbert for Yellow as well as green then :D

Strava is not Zen.
  • Gazzetta67
    I think i like Radioshack more than Leoturd shrek and that's saying something.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 1,387
    Broken pelvis for Vino - ouch!
  • blazing_saddles
    At least the Vuelta field should improve.
    Basso and Cunego to be reborn? :P
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,041
    That'll be Vino's riding over :cry:

Hope he gets well soon.
  • emadden

Hope he gets well soon.

Had just ordered 5 t-shirts for my mates to support Vino on the Galibier.. with the words "Vino crush peloton like goat dumplings" ... Funny tees...
    www.dotcycling.com
  • femur for vino as well :cry:
  • disgruntledgoat

Hope he gets well soon.

aye, as much distaste as I have for his ethics professionally, I wouldn't wish serious injury on anyone.

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    Huh...bad time to fall asleep then...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • blazing_saddles
    The truly amazing statistic amongst all this daily carnage, is that Frank Schleck is yet to fall off.

I hope the Italian lads, (Basso and Cunego) who have so far managed to stay safe, can find their old GT form, as the GC competition is now looking a bit thin.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    The truly amazing statistic amongst all this daily carnage, is that Frank Schleck is yet to fall off.

I hope the Italian lads, (Basso and Cunego) who have so far managed to stay safe, can find their old GT form, as the GC competition is now looking a bit thin.

+1.

Given the way he went at Suisse, and his conservative approach in week 1, wonder if Damiano has ambitions?

Strava is not Zen.
  • disgruntledgoat
    if Cunego gets over the Tourmalet, I think he can go top ten.

@gietvangent