TDF Stage 6 **SPOILERS**

Comments

• milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Leipheimer down on the wet roads. He doesn't look hurt but he may lose time.
  • forehead
    forehead Posts: 180
    Hell of a ride from Malori.
    Cube - Peloton
    Cannondale - CAAD10
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    This is brilliant!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Great stuff right here. Go VDB. Voeckler, AMAZING for the fans.

Crazy in the wet.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • milton50
    Boasson Hagen gets it!!!
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    EBh got it right today
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Great lead out from G, great ride from EBH. Really pleased to see Sky get a tour stage :D
  • milton50
    Really pleased for EBH. Sky take their first Tour stage. G was brilliant again.
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Thank you Boasson Hagen, I'll take those PTP points. :)
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • inkyfingers
    Brilliant finish to the stage, great ride from Thomas and EBH. Nice to see him showing what he can do when he's fit.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Particularly enjoyed watching G look round to make sure EBH was there before hitting the afterburners with 500 to go. You can't blame him really...
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    YES! An Eddy Boss interview - 6 x "it was really good" and 1 x "Really nice". Really good/nice stuff!
  • stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 560
    some amount of power there. would love to know peak watts for that effort. Sure i felt the world spin a bit slower :)

Congrats EBH & SKY. G man superb again.
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Thomas interviews SO well. Footballers should watch his interviews and take notes.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Good result from Arthur Vichot too. From "adopted unknown pro" at the TdU last year to 6th on a TdF stage.

What happened to Cav and, more importantly, whose fault was it?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Great win for EBH and Sky well done.
  • cornoyemade
    cornoyemade Posts: 180
    EBH! Gutsy ride on the wet finishing sprint.

Cavendishy looked scared. Perhaps the death of his little baby girl (dog), Amber, has made it difficult for him to concentrate. For all of those Cav fans, you better hope his pet turtle and pet bird stay healthy.

Cheers Thor for remaining in yellow. One Tough and Classy Norwegian.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Great win for EBH and Sky well done.
    +1 a great win.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    mroli wrote:
    Thomas interviews SO well. Footballers should watch his interviews and take notes.

To be fair there is not a lot he does not do very well. The man is beast, I am a big fan. Congrats to Eddy and Sky today one in the eye for all the haters.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Thats 2 stages in a row G has been the lead out for the stage winner!
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    567f7e7f8fe2c63b5bcf066b16f01367-getty-_.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Boonen only lost a coupe of minutes today (2'23") - not too bad for someone who looked like he was heading home yesterday.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I think we can safely say that today has been a great day for News International.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Points...

1. GILBERT Philippe 32 OMEGA PHARMA - LOTTO 144 pts
    2. ROJAS Jose Joaquin 88 MOVISTAR TEAM 143 pts
    3. HUSHOVD Thor 51 TEAM GARMIN - CERVELO 112 pts
    4. EVANS Cadel 141 BMC RACING TEAM 98 pts
    5. CAVENDISH Mark 171 HTC - HIGHROAD 94 pts

It was interesting to see Philippe Gilbert being interviewed earlier today saying Evans should be considered outright favourite for the green jersey.
  • inkyfingers
    Jonathan Vaughters moaning today that other teams need to do some work controlling the race..come on JV, having to do lots of work at the front comes with the territory of having the jersey. If you want to keep the glory on your team you have to do the work, I know it sucks but that's just how it is.
  • RichN95.
    afx237vi wrote:
    Points...

1. GILBERT Philippe 32 OMEGA PHARMA - LOTTO 144 pts
    2. ROJAS Jose Joaquin 88 MOVISTAR TEAM 143 pts
    3. HUSHOVD Thor 51 TEAM GARMIN - CERVELO 112 pts
    4. EVANS Cadel 141 BMC RACING TEAM 98 pts
    5. CAVENDISH Mark 171 HTC - HIGHROAD 94 pts

It was interesting to see Philippe Gilbert being interviewed earlier today saying Evans should be considered outright favourite for the green jersey.

My best estimate is that this will be won with around 300 points
  • RowCycle
    RowCycle Posts: 367
    mroli wrote:

Maybe a difference in intelligence levels?
  • RichN95.
    RowCycle wrote:
    mroli wrote:

It's not. Footballers are heavily media trained to say absolutely nothing of interest in interviews. Most tabloid footballer writers are quite adept at making a full blown media controversy out of one line out of place. There's absolutely zero trust between the two parties.

Additional relevant trivia: Geraint Thomas went to the same school as Gareth Bale.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    RichN95 wrote:
    RowCycle wrote:
    mroli wrote:

It's not. Footballers are heavily media trained to say absolutely nothing of interest in interviews. Most tabloid footballer writers are quite adept at making a full blown media controversy out of one line out of place. There's absolutely zero trust between the two parties.

Additional relevant trivia: Geraint Thomas went to the same school as Gareth Bale.

I wouldn't often defend footballers but some of the questions they are asked are so mind-numbingly simple they deserve the answers they get. Post match interviews are rubbish in fact thinking about it, I want them scrapped!