TDF Stage 6 **SPOILERS**

124»

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    RichN95 wrote:
    I wouldn't often defend footballers but some of the questions they are asked are so mind-numbingly simple they deserve the answers they get. Post match interviews are rubbish in fact thinking about it, I want them scrapped!

Gary Richardson - King of the obvious question.

Post match interviews haven't been worth watching since Gordon Strachan was in the game, there was a man that knew how to treat simpleton journos.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Movistar's Vasil Kiriyenka is eliminated, arrives outside the cut off time.
    cartoon.jpg
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Doobz wrote:
    Movistar's Vasil Kiriyenka is eliminated, arrives outside the cut off time.
    Whoa! He's been struggling the last few days. Any known issues or another with Giro fatigue?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Loving Thor's determination to hold onto the yellow jersey. I reckon they're going to have to forcibly tear that thing off his back to get him out of it!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662

Me after Stage 4-

Will someone from Sky ride for the frickin' win one day please - we ve had both Thomas and EBH accelerating off the peloton now and then just stopping because their man is nt there - either check the man is their before going or just sprint for the bloody line and have a go

It's like watching Garmin back in the spring classics where they seemed to not know what was going on. I think they need to try giving people a "get out of jail card" with team orders so they can have a proper crack

HURRAY!!!! Dave B clearly reads Bikeradar!! :P I would request that Gee be given a proper crack at a stage this year though, I think he's earned it!!

Another quality Boardman vs Boulting piece on the ITV highlights package today! Almost made up for P & P calling Jelle Vandendert Jurgen Vanderbroek (sp?) for a full two minutes whilst the correct name flashed up underneath THREE TIMES!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • graeme_s-2
    ddraver wrote:
    Another quality Boardman vs Boulting piece on the ITV highlights package today! Almost made up for P & P calling Jelle Vandendert Jurgen Vanderbroek (sp?) for a full two minutes whilst the correct name flashed up underneath THREE TIMES!!!
    David Harmon made exactly the same mistake, but he did at least correct himself once Vandendert's name came up on the screen!
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    I wouldn't say but the moto had a close up of his gurning, very much non-VDB face for about a minute!

Strava is not Zen.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    We just don't have any good cycling commentators in the UK :(

P&P are now 5 from 5 (not counting the TTT)for making serious mistakes with identifying people now...as in not realising for a LONG time!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Graeme_S wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    David Harmon made exactly the same mistake, but he did at least correct himself once Vandendert's name came up on the screen!

I suspect they were all being prompted by Le Tour's race radio, who identified the wrong rider.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    RichN95 wrote:
    RowCycle wrote:
    mroli wrote:
    Thomas interviews SO well. Footballers should watch his interviews and take notes.

Maybe a difference in intelligence levels?

It's not. Footballers are heavily media trained to say absolutely nothing of interest in interviews. Most tabloid footballer writers are quite adept at making a full blown media controversy out of one line out of place. There's absolutely zero trust between the two parties.

Additional relevant trivia: Geraint Thomas went to the same school as Gareth Bale.

Andreas Kloden just tweeted a "f*** you" to one cycling fan who reminded him about the Freiburg Report. You don't get that in football!
  • RowCycle
    RowCycle Posts: 367
    Another quality Boardman vs Boulting piece on the ITV highlights package today!

I've really enjoyed the ITV boardman pieces this year - watching him and Ned replacing the wheel was funny.
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,041
    RichN95 wrote:
    RowCycle wrote:
    mroli wrote:
    Thomas interviews SO well. Footballers should watch his interviews and take notes.

Maybe a difference in intelligence levels?

It's not. Footballers are heavily media trained to say absolutely nothing of interest in interviews. Most tabloid footballer writers are quite adept at making a full blown media controversy out of one line out of place. There's absolutely zero trust between the two parties.

Additional relevant trivia: Geraint Thomas went to the same school as Gareth Bale.

According to his tweets, Geraint loves his Welsh Cakes, and shares with his team. Eddy Boss can't get enough of then.

So was yesterday's victory was fuelled by Braces Welsh Cakes?
  • Gavin Cook
    Gavin Cook Posts: 307
    ddraver wrote:
    We just don't have any good cycling commentators in the UK :(

P&P are now 5 from 5 (not counting the TTT)for making serious mistakes with identifying people now...as in not realising for a LONG time!

I don’t agree that the UK doesn't have good cycling commentators. After living in both Italy and Spain I can tell you the commentators are nowhere near as entertaining as the commentators in the UK.
  • Doobz wrote:
    567f7e7f8fe2c63b5bcf066b16f01367-getty-_.jpg

Great photo that. All 4 leaders' jerseys visible plus the stage winner. Nice shot of G in the background too.
  • graeme_s-2
    I think Harmon and Kelly are great. Any pro cycling commentator has to speak into an open mic for hours on end, often when nothing's happening, and when it is happening they have to assess the situation and report on it with incomplete information. It must be a tough old job.

I tend to listen to/watch the live stuff on Eurosport, but I think ITV4 have much better post-stage analysis, and their highlights package is light years ahead of Eurosport's. I even enjoy the little interview pieces Ned Boulting does with fans, mayor's, locals etc.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    According to his tweets, Geraint loves his Welsh Cakes, and shares with his team. Eddy Boss can't get enough of then.

As long as he doesn't get them all eating Clark's Pies, they'll be fine.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I recently discovered a love for Welsh cakes, hasn't help me on the bike though...
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    264927_2116768472199_1035334306_3292673_1556904_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,041
    RichN95 wrote:

As long as he doesn't get them all eating Clark's Pies, they'll be fine.

:lol: not unless they are washed down with a pint of SA!