July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • Moostah
    Moostah Posts: 27
    Congratulations there to you both DDD. :D
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Hey well done both of you, and just go with the flow.

And yes catch up on sleep as that does seem to be the one thing in short supply, having friends and family to help now and then is a big plus.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Wow thanks again everyone.

Can't help over-thinking, though I know I shouldn't, it's just that everything is new or different. Like sex, it is different. I mean sure you have sex because you're attracted and/or in love with the other person. But instead of sheer lust in the early stages of a relationship or every Sunday after you move in because you can or every day to make a baby. When she's pregnant the feeling and reasoning behind it is just different. More meaningful I guess and whole other aspect of sexual/sensual exploration that I never thought about or anticipated. Hard to put it into words.

Anyway, that's this weeks ramblings. Next week is pram shopping! Yay! The many complexities of what pram/pushchair/buggy to buy and why awaits! I want me one of those car-seat-three-wheeled-fast-looking-travel-system-ones made out of carbon-fiber!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Wow thanks again everyone.

Can't help over-thinking, though I know I shouldn't, it's just that everything is new or different. Like sex, it is different. I mean sure you have sex because you're attracted and/or in love with the other person. But instead of sheer lust in the early stages of a relationship or every Sunday after you move in because you can or every day to make a baby. When she's pregnant the feeling and reasoning behind it is just different. More meaningful I guess and whole other aspect of sexual/sensual exploration that I never thought about or anticipated. Hard to put it into words.

Anyway, that's this weeks ramblings. Next week is pram shopping! Yay! The many complexities of what pram/pushchair/buggy to buy and why awaits! I want me one of those car-seat-three-wheeled-fast-looking-travel-system-ones made out of carbon-fiber!

You are no longer having sex, you are making love.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    it's called a travel system now - buggies are so last century... :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • DonDaddyD
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    [

You are no longer having sex, you are making love.

I get what you mean, but no it's not that. To me there are three types of intercourse:

Sex, f*cking and love making

While there are elements of all three it's just different. Like, Mrs DDD said I'll start thinking/feeling about her differently (in a good way). I do. It's weird.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Next week is pram shopping! Yay!

You will probably ignore this advice, but here it is anyway....

Do NOT spend a small fortune on a pram, especially for a baby due in November (unless perhaps you are planning a very large brood, or have aspirations towards building a really good go-kart). You will only use it in the early months (hardly at all through the winter). Pushchairs/travel systems are more flexible and can be used for several years.

You can pick up barely used prams that originally cost hundreds of pounds for a fraction of the new price.

The other advice I would share is to make the most of the time you have together before the baby comes along. Get away somewhere nice, even if it's only for the night, eat in some good restaurants, go to the theatre or a concert. Spoil Mrs DDD. These things get much harder once the little one comes along; even if you have a good support network around you.

The baby will change your life absolutely, but if you can, try and keep a little bit of time for yourselves, even if it means taking turns to get out of the house for a couple of hours. It is scary when you are left 'in-charge' of the baby for the first time, but you pretty soon get the hang of it.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

You will probably ignore this advice, but here it is anyway....

Do NOT spend a small fortune on a pram, especially for a baby due in November (unless perhaps you are planning a very large brood, or have aspirations towards building a really good go-kart). You will only use it in the early months (hardly at all through the winter). Pushchairs/travel systems are more flexible and can be used for several years.

You can pick up barely used prams that originally cost hundreds of pounds for a fraction of the new price.

The other advice I would share is to make the most of the time you have together before the baby comes along. Get away somewhere nice, even if it's only for the night, eat in some good restaurants, go to the theatre or a concert. Spoil Mrs DDD. These things get much harder once the little one comes along; even if you have a good support network around you.

The baby will change your life absolutely, but if you can, try and keep a little bit of time for yourselves, even if it means taking turns to get out of the house for a couple of hours. It is scary when you are left 'in-charge' of the baby for the first time, but you pretty soon get the hang of it.

Thanks for the advice!

Travel system is what I meant, and ya, we spend a hell of a lot of time together.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Mrs WbW and me ensure we have 3 nights out each week.....

... she has Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I have Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays... :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973

Fantastic advice
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,382
    gbsahne wrote:

Fantastic advice

+1
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,351
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Travel system is what I meant

*waits for the inevitable "WHAT? FOR A BUGGY? IT'S NOT EVEN $%^* CARBON!!" thread
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    congrats mate!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Congratulations!

It is a fabulous time in your life.

To give my wife a "break" during maternity leave, I booked days off work and took junior(s) out. Then organised for her and her mates to go and do things together - like cooking school, clay shooting and cr*p like that! Cost me a fortune, but at least she stayed reasonably sane and got some time out.

Very important to take some time out and tag team it with junior - admit when you have had enough!

Very pleased for both of you on both marraige and baby.