Comments

• rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    I'm not real, just a knitted character. :D
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Pseudonym wrote:
    colsoop wrote:
    Pseudonym you obviously enjoy a good argument but sometimes its best to just to hang fire on your comments and let things go, you certainly would in the real world wouldn't you ?

you're right - I would - but this ain't the real world, fella. On here, everyone is talking about how concerned they are about 'NapoleonD'...

I'm just wondering - in real life - how many of you have actually been round to visit him since his accident...???

silly me, I forgot - this ain't the real world.......

How many of us live anywhere near Him. I live in the Netherlands so that count,s me out. But as always in life if you cannot be there for somebody you can always call them (if you know them personally)or as in this case offer support via BR. I,m not taking sides, but Nap D has enough on his plate at the moment without people getting on His back. Regardless of who did what or who is to blame for His accident i feel that a message of support and a few words of sympathy are always welcome when someone is in the unfortunate position that Nap D finds Himself in now.I wish that anybody contributing to this thread would offer support and a bit of sympathy rather than blaming Nap D for His injuries. If you havent got anything positive to add then leave the thread.Just for the record I hope that Nap D comes back to the forum, He always came across as a serious member and very keen cyclist and his views and opinions were welcomed by most BR members.

Ademort
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    rajMAN wrote:
    I'm not real, just a knitted character. :D

likewise, although I am not knitted......
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    Add me to the list of those who wish NapD a speedy recovery.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    This is reading a little like an angry obituary thread.

I'll give my obituary style post:

I remember him as the only person who was a genuine authority on flashy expensive gear, given he'd probably bought it and used it at some point.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    P.S> I saw him a few days ago and he's in much better spirits and certainly on the mend.

The forum is a lot duller without him around and the influx of people who live to just stir things up makes it even more tiresome.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    This is reading a little like an angry obituary thread.

I'll give my obituary style post:

I remember him as the only person who was a genuine authority on flashy expensive gear, given he'd probably bought it and used it at some point.

+1.

I don't know about "only" but you could certainly rely on his advice.

Some posts only deserve wind-ups and are for fun. Some are to be taken seriously. NapD can tell the difference.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pseudonym wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    Pseudonym wrote:

I'm just wondering - in real life - how many of you have actually been round to visit him since his accident...???

silly me, I forgot - this ain't the real world.......

I have. Several times. I stood in in kitchen and looked at his scars, bruises and watched as he struggled in serious pain. Could see the worry in his face.

A few weeks prior he had seen me off at the airport (in his police uniform) and he was a completely different man.

In real life he's the nicest person I've met but like anyone he has a breaking point. I'm not a fanboy - I'm just proud to call him my friend.

good - and I mean that. It's good to know he does have some 'proper' friends - and not just all these 'internet fakes'...

I'm sure he is a nice guy in real life....

You seem to be getting off on this. Not too healthy an attitude for someone with 168 odd posts. Never mind, I am sure you will keep on adding to the various facets of BR and as you have shown, bringing a refreshing, open and friendly view on posts. :roll:
  • BBH
    BBH Posts: 476
    Guys,

I am really sorry for kicking this off!!

To my surprise, I checked back this morning to find the thread was now at 6 pages!!

When I posted, I was genuinely asking the question. I had not seen his posts on here for ages. I value his opinions (alongside many others on here too!) re: kit, training etc… and knew he was involved in a crash and was pretty low in mood at the time about cycling and was hoping he hadn’t given up.

I am really shocked from what I have read on here and will say no more. Sure, I wouldn’t know him if I saw him on the street, however, I have read a lot of his postings and have found them to be both informative and accurate and I for one can say that his advice (along with others posting on here) has definitely helped me.

This is not a ‘fanboy’ homage. I am just sad to see a valued opinion disappear from a forum that has been influential in my cycling development over the past few years.

Good luck NapD and wishing you a speedy recovery!
    2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
    2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
    2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
    Twitter: @MadRoadie
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    dmclite wrote:

You seem to be getting off on this. Not too healthy an attitude for someone with 168 odd posts.

Sorry, I didn't realise you were the arbiter of good taste on here. How many posts do I need before such an opinion becomes acceptable to you..??
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    edited July 2011
    133011d1252542352-porche-lotus-god-kills-kitten-troll.jpg
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Tragic

Replying to trolls is almost as pathetic as their posts tend to be.

People just can't resit, then complain even more when they get trolled back!

Don't rise to it. Then the trolls will be forced to go out and make real friends, and get some colour in their pallid and pasty faces.

Move on, ignore, and starve the self important and impotent saddos of the attention they need. The best forums are the ones where threads can stay on topic and pathetic posts go completely ignored.

Ignore the trolls - this is six pages of blather.

(Back on topic I have met Nap and he is a decent chap - I'd read his threads, but this argument has moved from the OP's sentiments, and has fallen into the very chuntering that you all complain about. I wont be back - said my bit and have the will power to leave it there and not take any bait that may be offered).

I reckon Nap will be back in a while, when it all cools off, and folk learn how to resist typing what they are thinking.
  • Dunkindiver
    Dunkindiver Posts: 143
    I'm another person who has benefitted from NapD's advice and would like to see him back.

Sorry to read of your accident, Nap, and best wishes for your recovery.

+1
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Locked.

NapD asked to be banned/deleted.

Several posters on this thread are also heading the right way for a ban. No personal abuse - it's a simple rule to follow.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
This discussion has been closed.