***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Mine too.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    NapD was bike radar - end of.

The man talked more sense than anyone and could say in 6 words what most took a paragraph to write.

I truly hope he makes a full recovery and continues with the important things in life like family and his job.

He is right about the alarming rate of 40 something males who think that they can suddenly 'race' bikes. I for one never will, I just love going out and riding my bike.

Best wishes NapD.

Pete.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Agree. NapD is a top bloke!!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I don't think you can blame the mods.

There was an issue in the crudcatcher (mtb section) a while back and one of the mods said that they are just liek ordinary forum users but with a few more buttons. And if you look in the crudcatcher there are a lot worse insults etc flying around which is all part of mtb banter. I think if nap had made the comments in cake stop all would have been ok but as it was a section dedicated to am racing I dont think the mods had much choice but to do what they did.

I think we're ll grown ups here and can give as good as we get and I guess to cover themselves, as a publisher, some kind of rules had to be enforced.

Anyway far worse was posted by one of the trolls about paralympic athletes in a section that had nothing to do with sport at all and the post was pulled by the mods. They do a good job.....If only they'd allow a hardcore Claire Balding sticky.!!!
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    amaferanga wrote:
    I've got a lot of respect for NapD, but I'm sorry to say that I think he lost the plot a bit. Hopefully he's just taking a break though and he'll be back soon with his sharp wit and helpful posts.

At what point did he lose the plot - his original thread about his accident was actually a call to those that race to see if there could be some sort of training/education of racers to hopefully mean that someone else didnt have to be put through what he was going through. Seems rational to me.
    The tipping point was another poster continually winding someone up who wasnt able to hold his new born child and whose career was in danger of going west.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    I call for the return of Jon Heder (or someone very similar). BR is lacking his presence.
    Cycling weakly
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I don't think you can blame the mods.

There was an issue in the crudcatcher (mtb section) a while back and one of the mods said that they are just liek ordinary forum users but with a few more buttons. And if you look in the crudcatcher there are a lot worse insults etc flying around which is all part of mtb banter. I think if nap had made the comments in cake stop all would have been ok but as it was a section dedicated to am racing I dont think the mods had much choice but to do what they did.

I think we're ll grown ups here and can give as good as we get and I guess to cover themselves, as a publisher, some kind of rules had to be enforced.

Anyway far worse was posted by one of the trolls about paralympic athletes in a section that had nothing to do with sport at all and the post was pulled by the mods. They do a good job.....If only they'd allow a hardcore Claire Balding sticky.!!!

You're lucky I'm not a Mod, sunny boy. I would have banned you for putting Claire Balding, hardcore and sticky in the same sentence. You need to watch your step!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ademort wrote:
    If Nap D is banned then i wish to call for His Reinstatement.
    All those in favour sign here.
    Ademort
    Me too, fight the power!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    NapD was bike radar - end of.
    The man talked more sense than anyone and could say in 6 words what most took a paragraph to write.

I truly hope he makes a full recovery and continues with the important things in life like family and his job.

He is right about the alarming rate of 40 something males who think that they can suddenly 'race' bikes. I for one never will, I just love going out and riding my bike.

Best wishes NapD.

Pete.

Fanboys are worse than trolls.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Why were these two (one?) guys and Mr Tucker deliberately trying to antagonise a guy who is clearly in a dark place at the minute? Totally unnecessary. I don't blame Nap for rising to it. I'm sure I would have too.
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    +1 for NapD's reinstatement.
    Seems like a top bloke from his posts. Can't imagine what it must be like not playing with your child so I can understand his frustration at comments posted about his injuries.
    Let him return
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    Another vote for NapD :!:
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Aggieboy wrote:
    We should fight this tyranny together, Spartacus styleee. If they ban us all we can go elsewhere.................

Aggieboy stands up - You're all f*cking c0cks!!!!

+1 - you're all f*cking c0cks and so are you wives.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    RichK wrote:
    Another vote for NapD :!:

+ 1 and another vote here
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    jim453 wrote:
    Why were these two (one?) guys and Mr Tucker deliberately trying to antagonise a guy who is clearly in a dark place at the minute? Totally unnecessary. I don't blame Nap for rising to it. I'm sure I would have too.

I must be reading a different thread. I don't see 'antagonism' - just me and a couple of others telling someone to get over his accident and stop harping on about it.

Perhaps if you could all just take a minute to stop cooing over NapoleonD's 'minor injuries' (from which he will undoubtedly make a full recovery) and have a read of this thread:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12787139

Three pages on cake stop moaning about someone being treated badly - against seven (yes seven) replies in total for someone who is actually no longer with us.

Click this link when you're done:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

and then take a look in a mirror...
  • rickr55
    rickr55 Posts: 38
    sorry for brunt post used to really like what Nap had to say he is a great contributer to this forum WTF this can't be right
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    go away Pseudonym, no one want you here...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    Where's the other Chuckle Brother? minor injuries my a***!
  • Pseudonym
    rajMAN wrote:

'minor' in comparison to 'fatal' - read the other thread.
  • finchy
    Pseudonym wrote:
    Perhaps if you could all just take a minute to stop cooing over NapoleonD's 'minor injuries' (from which he will undoubtedly make a full recovery) and have a read of this thread:

Three pages on cake stop moaning about someone being treated badly - against seven (yes seven) replies in total for someone who is actually no longer with us.

Now, some might call it hypocrisy, others might use their brains, realise that the Amateur Race thread is far less frequented than Cake Stop (only 7 of the threads have had posts added to them in the last 2 days) and draw a different conclusion.
  • Pseudonym
    johnfinch wrote:

Now, some might call it hypocrisy, others might use their brains, realise that the Amateur Race thread is far less frequented than Cake Stop (only 7 of the threads have had posts added to them in the last 2 days) and draw a different conclusion.

they might - they might not. I'm just trying to get some perspective here.....
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Pseudonym wrote:
    rajMAN wrote:

c0ck
  • finchy
    Pseudonym wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

they might - they might not. I'm just trying to get some perspective here.....

You seem to have made a load of enemies on here, even though in all fairness you weren't the one who banned him.

Why don't you redeem yourself and add your voice on this thread to those of us who want him reinstated?
  • Pseudonym
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Pseudonym wrote:
    rajMAN wrote:

c0ck

why exactly - explain youself..?
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    Pseudonym wrote:
    rajMAN wrote:

That's a different discussion, a different thread, don't drag it into this one.
  • Pseudonym
    johnfinch wrote:

Why don't you redeem yourself and add your voice on this thread to those of us who want him reinstated?

Truthfully, I have no interest in the man and I honestly couldn't give a stuff if he is re-instated or not. Having said that, I have already said in the original thread that a ban (if that is what it is - nobody actually seems to know) seems a bit harsh.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Pseudonym wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

I must be reading a different thread. I don't see 'antagonism' - just me and a couple of others telling someone to get over his accident and stop harping on about it.

Hang on a minute - so let me understand your rationale - when someone has a racing accident that causes them massive amounts of pain, time in hospital, ruins their home life and has a negative impact on their career then they should just MTFU and accept that stuff happens in races. When someone dies then they get your sympathy?
    Is that what it takes in your world? I don't think it's us that should be taking a look in the mirror.

And before I get labelled as callous I feel inordinately sorry for Karl, his families/friends loss - and support any action that make our roads safer, in addition to feeling sorry for NapD's situation and his voice that races should be made safer.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Pseudonym wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

If you can't tell that the tone you adopted in reply to Nap's posts and the tone you are adopting here is antagonistic then you are beyond help.

What is your problem?

I can only assume that Nap's assessment of your character is spot on.
  • Pseudonym
    mr_poll wrote:
    Hang on a minute - so let me understand your rationale - when someone has a racing accident that causes them massive amounts of pain, time in hospital, ruins their home life and has a negative impact on their career then they should just MTFU and accept that stuff happens in races.

pretty much, yes. The same has happened to me, incidentally. Racing is not a risk-free environment. I am sorry for the guy's injuries and wish him well, even though that seems a bit vacuous, given that I've never actually met him.

mr_poll wrote:
    When someone dies then they get your sympathy?
    Is that what it takes in your world? I don't think it's us that should be taking a look in the mirror.

not sure what you mean. Hopefully, 'NapoleonD' can read the other thread and realise that life is actually not so bad after all...
This discussion has been closed.