Where’s NapD????

Comments

• petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Pseudonym wrote:
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Pseudonym wrote:
    rajMAN wrote:
    Where's the other Chuckle Brother? minor injuries my a***!

'minor' in comparison to 'fatal' - read the other thread.

c0ck

why exactly - explain youself..?

Reading your posts over the last few months you come across as an arrogant, offence, c0ck. My mother taught me to be polite and courteous to others, yours clearly didn't, hence in your case I can make an exception.

I brand P_Tucker with the same title

That is all
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    The way this thread has taken off in the last couple of hours we could be in for a long night, some interesting reading and a few home truth,s for one or two member,s. I have two question,s for the moderator. Firstly, Is Nap D banned and Secondly WHY.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Reading your posts over the last few months you come across as an arrogant, offence, c0ck. My mother taught me to be polite and courteous to others, yours clearly didn't, hence in your case I can make an exception.

I brand P_Tucker with the same title

That is all

so all your mum's good work was for nothing then.....
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Pseudonym wrote:
    mr_poll wrote:
    Hang on a minute - so let me understand your rationale - when someone has a racing accident that causes them massive amounts of pain, time in hospital, ruins their home life and has a negative impact on their career then they should just MTFU and accept that stuff happens in races.

pretty much, yes. The same has happened to me, incidentally. Racing is not a risk-free environment. I am sorry for the guy's injuries and wish him well, even though that seems a bit vacuous, given that I've never actually met him.

mr_poll wrote:
    When someone dies then they get your sympathy?
    Is that what it takes in your world? I don't think it's us that should be taking a look in the mirror.

not sure what you mean. Hopefully, 'NapoleonD' can read the other thread and realise that life is actually not so bad after all...

It's just that it's an unnecessarily unpleasant and unsympathetic position to adopt. What's wrong with giving a guy a bit of a break when he's obviously up against it?

Or, failing that, just say nothing at all.

Perhaps you are just not a very pleasant individual.

Fair enough, no law against it.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Pseudonym wrote:
    mr_poll wrote:
    Hang on a minute - so let me understand your rationale - when someone has a racing accident that causes them massive amounts of pain, time in hospital, ruins their home life and has a negative impact on their career then they should just MTFU and accept that stuff happens in races.

pretty much, yes. The same has happened to me, incidentally. Racing is not a risk-free environment. I am sorry for the guy's injuries and wish him well, even though that seems a bit vacuous, given that I've never actually met him.

mr_poll wrote:
    When someone dies then they get your sympathy?
    Is that what it takes in your world? I don't think it's us that should be taking a look in the mirror.

not sure what you mean. Hopefully, 'NapoleonD' can read the other thread and realise that life is actually not so bad after all...

Nothing is a risk free environment - TTing, sportives on open roads, touring, audaxing or just crossing the road to get a loaf of bread. However when something happens that has a huge impact on someones life, someone who contributes time on here to help others with advice, insight or anything then they deserve some sympathy not being belittled for their "minor" injuries.

You might not agree that racing should be changed to make it safer with bans for those that cause accidents or education before being allowed to race thats fine (Nicky Lauder of F1 fame often says F1 is too safe and now boring despite his burns) - however to personally attack another poster and tell them to stop bleating on about something which has affected them massively whilst accusing others of hypocrisy shows a distinct lack of judgement and class.
  • Pseudonym
    jim453 wrote:

just being honest - that's all. To some, that might seem unpleasant.....
  • Pseudonym
    mr_poll wrote:
    however to personally attack another poster and tell them to stop bleating on about something which has affected them massively whilst accusing others of hypocrisy shows a distinct lack of judgement and class.

I didn't 'personally attack' him - I just asked him to stop going on about his injuries....espeically in threads where it wasn't even relevant.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    You could look at all the posts telling you you're wrong and supporting NapD and perhaps think to yourself that perhaps this time you made a mistake and just let it go... unfortunately you seem to insist on hammering your point home to the detriment of others...just grow up a bit
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pseudonym
    ddraver wrote:
    You could look at all the posts telling you you're wrong and supporting NapD and perhaps think to yourself that perhaps this time you made a mistake and just let it go... unfortunately you seem to insist on hammering your point home to the detriment of others...just grow up a bit

tell you what, fella - you stick to your opinion (of someone you've probably never met and would not recognise if you passed them in the street) - and I'll stick to mine, eh..?

That way, everyone's a winner...
  • Pseudonym
    AndyRubio wrote:

well, if he is banned, then that is harsh. By the same reckoning, there are two or three on this thread who should go the same way........
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Pseudonym wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

tell you what, fella - you stick to your opinion (of someone you've probably never met and would not recognise if you passed them in the street) - and I'll stick to mine, eh..?

That way, everyone's a winner...

You don't need to have met someone in order to behave in a civilised way towards them.

You seem rather socially inept. Do you have many friends?
  • Pseudonym
    edited July 2011
    jim453 wrote:

You don't need to have met someone in order to behave in a civilised way towards them.

You seem rather socially inept. Do you have many friends?

no, I live under a bridge....

loving the juxtaposition of your comments there.....
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Guys, stop feeding this clown...it's not worth the effort.
  • Pseudonym
    Guys, stop feeding this clown...it's not worth the effort.

a clown - because I have my own opinion? Then we are all clowns......
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    I think Bikeradar needs some of this

258Troll_spray.jpg
  • Pseudonym
    hilarious troll pic there 'Pete'. So because I seem to be disagreeing with many of you, I am therefore a 'troll' - correct..?
  • turboslave
    turboslave Posts: 178
    Nap who......................................................................................

Boring now, lets move on and starts some new threads.
  • I'm another person who has benefitted from NapD's advice and would like to see him back.

Sorry to read of your accident, Nap, and best wishes for your recovery.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    djbarren wrote:
    I'm another person who has benefitted from NapD's advice and would like to see him back.

+1

+1
    Cycling weakly
  • StageWinner
    StageWinner Posts: 202
    turboslave wrote:
    Nap who......................................................................................

Boring now, lets move on and starts some new threads.

It's all well and good to say Nap who and let's move on, etc.

But more than just an internet forum, this is a small community of people. Threads live and die by the people that post on them and as should be clear by now is how many people have benefited from advice or just the general good humour of Alex (Nap).

Far too many people post questions and never say thank you for answers or just go out of their way to be a complete @ss to everyone in the forum - presumably so they can feel smug and superior.

Nap is not one of those people.

So, sorry if you find all of this so boring - but for so many posters who actually care about more than themselves - it's an important issue.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    I'd like to see him back, the bike crash seemed to have hit him hard and knobhead comments I'm sure aren't helping. He blocked me on Twitter just after his crash, I was (hopefully) sympathetic but may have accidentally touched a raw nerve, he didn't snap at me or say owt tho.

Or he could have just decided I was a boring git who he didn't want reading his stuff or writing back generally.

Whatever has gone on, I wish him all the best, would like to apologise if I did upset him on twitter, it wasn't intentional & hope to see him back on here.
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    skyd0g wrote:
    djbarren wrote:
    I'm another person who has benefitted from NapD's advice and would like to see him back.

+1

+1

and anothetr one
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Pseudonym wrote:
    mr_poll wrote:
    however to personally attack another poster and tell them to stop bleating on about something which has affected them massively whilst accusing others of hypocrisy shows a distinct lack of judgement and class.

I didn't 'personally attack' him - I just asked him to stop going on about his injuries....espeically in threads where it wasn't even relevant.
    Can I suggest that you just STFU?

Nap D, GWS. I'm hoping that 'Guest' just means a timeout for Nap D to chill and/or get off his meds. Sme enlightenment from the Mods would help take the heat out of this thread.

Re-instate the Nap D 1!!!
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pseudonym wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

just being honest - that's all. To some, that might seem unpleasant.....

SShh, now, your work is done, you have hacked off a big group of people who post regularly on here, continue to pi55 off people and got a good bloke banned. Off you go now, have a wank and don't come back. :roll:
  • colsoop
    colsoop Posts: 217
    Guys. this is the internet !

How you can judge tone from a post i don't know.

Pseudonym you obviously enjoy a good argument but sometimes its best to just to hang fire on your comments and let things go, you certainly would in the real world wouldn't you ?
  • Pseudonym
    dmclite wrote:
    SShh, now, your work is done, you have hacked off a big group of people who post regularly on here, continue to pi55 off people and got a good bloke banned. Off you go now, have a wank and don't come back. :roll:

yeah, it's all down to me. He did nothing to get himself banned - apart from his extraordinarily melodramatic off topic posts and his use of 'colourful' language. But hey, he's a good bloke, so we can forgive him all that.

Tell you what 'dmclite' - why don't you follow your own suggestions while I stick around here....
  • Pseudonym
    colsoop wrote:
    Pseudonym you obviously enjoy a good argument but sometimes its best to just to hang fire on your comments and let things go, you certainly would in the real world wouldn't you ?

you're right - I would - but this ain't the real world, fella. On here, everyone is talking about how concerned they are about 'NapoleonD'...

I'm just wondering - in real life - how many of you have actually been round to visit him since his accident...???

silly me, I forgot - this ain't the real world.......
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Pseudonym wrote:

I'm just wondering - in real life - how many of you have actually been round to visit him since his accident...???

I have. Several times. I stood in in kitchen and looked at his scars, bruises and watched as he struggled in serious pain. Could see the worry in his face.

A few weeks prior he had seen me off at the airport (in his police uniform) and he was a completely different man.

In real life he's the nicest person I've met but like anyone he has a breaking point. I'm not a fanboy - I'm just proud to call him my friend.
  • Pseudonym
    Pokerface wrote:
    Pseudonym wrote:

I have. Several times. I stood in in kitchen and looked at his scars, bruises and watched as he struggled in serious pain. Could see the worry in his face.

A few weeks prior he had seen me off at the airport (in his police uniform) and he was a completely different man.

In real life he's the nicest person I've met but like anyone he has a breaking point. I'm not a fanboy - I'm just proud to call him my friend.

good - and I mean that. It's good to know he does have some 'proper' friends - and not just all these 'internet fakes'...

I'm sure he is a nice guy in real life....
This discussion has been closed.