Least Liked Current Pro

1235»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Loving how Hushovd is getting Shtick for having a poor World Champ jersey season, yet Ballan's getting off scott free.

Did anyone expect much of Ballan though? Especially as he missed the whole classics season with injury.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    RichN95 wrote:
    Loving how Hushovd is getting Shtick for having a poor World Champ jersey season, yet Ballan's getting off scott free.

Did anyone expect much of Ballan though? Especially as he missed the whole classics season with injury.

That's the point.

Ballan on form is a better classics rider than Hushovd.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    andyp wrote:
    emadden wrote:
    One more for today: Flecha - not only because I think he is sh*te, but also the way he rode the 2010 Paris Roubaix... sucked wheels and no help in chasing the motorbike Cancellara -

Did we watch the same race? :shock:

Apparently not :lol: I watched the one where Flecha sucked wheels, wouldnt chase... and then got 3rd! http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/3768/ ... shovd.aspx
    www.dotcycling.com
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Pozzatto, clearly.

di Luca. Not cos of the doping; it's just his face.

Bertie.

Horner, after that TV interview.

Bloody Vino.

Strava is not Zen.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    emadden wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    emadden wrote:
    One more for today: Flecha - not only because I think he is sh*te, but also the way he rode the 2010 Paris Roubaix... sucked wheels and no help in chasing the motorbike Cancellara -

Apparently not :lol: I watched the one where Flecha sucked wheels, wouldnt chase... and then got 3rd! http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/3768/ ... shovd.aspx

Boonen blaming others for his inability to win a race? Surely not?

Flecha at least made an attempt to go after Cancellara, and kept going despite the fact he had Hushovd sat on his wheel for most of the last 15 kms.
  • rick_chasey
    andyp wrote:
    emadden wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    emadden wrote:

Boonen blaming others for his inability to win a race? Surely not?

Flecha at least made an attempt to go after Cancellara, and kept going despite the fact he had Hushovd sat on his wheel for most of the last 15 kms.

Boonen was the stronger rider after Cancellara that day and you know it.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    I do. But he was inattentive at a crucial stage, allowed Cancellara to get away and then sulked because no-one would tow him back up to the front of the race.
  • rick_chasey
    andyp wrote:
    I do. But he was inattentive at a crucial stage, allowed Cancellara to get away and then sulked because no-one would tow him back up to the front of the race.

Ah, you got to be in it to win it right?

You'd think 4 favourites riding together could rein in a solo attack from 50km out even if it is Cancellara.

We're hardly talking the last 3km. There was 50 odd km to get him back.

Reel him in 20km, 30 still to go.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    Cavendishy by a mile!

Really??? You kept that well hidden, I had you down as a fanboy from previous posts lol
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    Pross wrote:
    Cavendishy by a mile!

Really??? You kept that well hidden, I had you down as a fanboy from previous posts lol

That's a big win for Cav though, he usually finishes only a couple of feet ahead.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Cant Believe that wheel sucker Leipheimer could win this Tour du Suisse.
    F*%k me does he EVER attack !!!!!
  • Snorebens
    Snorebens Posts: 759
    Thought the Schlecks were immature little kids until their recent comments about the contemporary Robert Millar - nothing but contempt now.

Ballan - weasel face, one of the worst world champs, probably on gear all these years.

Menchov - never memorable, never exciting

Any Radioshacks.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    There was a perfect Schleck moment summing up why they are a pair of pansy sniffing dullards in todays stage, about 2km from the finish Frank looked over his shoulder, the commentary was something like 'ive no idea why frank is looking over his shoulder with 2km to go..'

Probably because Franky panky was looking for his icckle biddy brother to hold his little handsy wandsys while he crossed the finish in case the scary grownups clapping at the end frightened him, and the big bad wolf from the naughty UCI looked very cross because little franky wanky and his brother had just had an ickle blood transfusion.

Pair of turds.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    There was a perfect Schleck moment summing up why they are a pair of pansy sniffing dullards in todays stage, about 2km from the finish Frank looked over his shoulder, the commentary was something like 'ive no idea why frank is looking over his shoulder with 2km to go..'

Probably because Franky panky was looking for his icckle biddy brother to hold his little handsy wandsys while he crossed the finish in case the scary grownups clapping at the end frightened him, and the big bad wolf from the naughty UCI looked very cross because little franky wanky and his brother had just had an ickle blood transfusion.

Pair of turds.

You noticed as well then :D Like i said yesterday - it`s where is Andy ooh i cant do anything without him.....Please Frankie wait on me i need to hold your hand.... either they are bluffing their form or they are riding shyte
  • Not a fan of the shlecks, and cannot abide stoner (semi off topic)
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Totally off topic.
    Do you think there's a good chance Andy will be worse in this Tour than last, because losing Frank last year made him more concerned to do it on his own, with Frank back it's all hand holding again?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    dougzz wrote:
    Totally off topic.
    Do you think there's a good chance Andy will be worse in this Tour than last, because losing Frank last year made him more concerned to do it on his own, with Frank back it's all hand holding again?

I think there's a good chance, but for a different reason - the absence of Bjarne Riis. He seems to know how to get the best out of his teams (and I don't anything illicit), while I'm really not sure Leopard have the same discipline, mentality and tactical nous. Their Tour may have a bit too much 'mates on tour' feel to it.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Yes, I would agree with you Richard. Barnaby Rice may not be the cleanest, but he is a devious and cunning DS.
  • Do find it odd that Cav will never be a GC Contender and then gets more attention just because he can sprint, pro tour cycling is very odd ( to me)
    In a nutshell some fool works his butt off and loses with 1 km to go and is forgotten in a second.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Mario Cipollini was never a GC contender either- sprinters are a breed apart, physiologically and psychologically.
    Their value lies in bringing wins to a team.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    RichN95 wrote:
    dougzz wrote:
    Totally off topic.

I think there's a good chance, but for a different reason - the absence of Bjarne Riis. He seems to know how to get the best out of his teams (and I don't anything illicit), while I'm really not sure Leopard have the same discipline, mentality and tactical nous. Their Tour may have a bit too much 'mates on tour' feel to it.

I agree.

I think that LEE-O-pard is going to have a tough go at the Tour.

Riis seems like a stern taskmaster. And when the cat was out of the bag and the split was a given, Andy and O'Grady's response was to go on a bender in Spain.

Discipline doesn't seem to be Andy's strong suite, but entitlement surely is (i,e,. it is ok for the Chin to push it on the stones/don't attack me, I can't move my chain).

Forget Contador, I hope Andy gets dropped by Wiggo, Evans, Basso and the rest.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

Pair of turds.

You noticed as well then :D Like i said yesterday - it`s where is Andy ooh i cant do anything without him.....Please Frankie wait on me i need to hold your hand.... either they are bluffing their form or they are riding shyte

Andy rides shite for 345 days of the year, then as if by Magic (or not) he becomes a contender for the Tour. :x
  • rick_chasey
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

Pair of turds.

Andy rides shite for 345 days of the year, then as if by Magic (or not) he becomes a contender for the Tour. :x

In fairness to Andy, he also turns up for LBL.