• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    procyclist wrote:
    Anyone who is French

Hello Cav!
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Used to dislike Evans the most and I still do! What is there to like? Ugly style on a bike, gurner, prickly personality, has a butt on his chin and he is australian.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Hincapie for some reason, and I cant stand bjarne riis for loads of reasons.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I have to say, as someone who knows very little about the world of pro cycling, that this thread is very helpful - not that it tells me anything at all about the pros, but it certainly reveals a lot about the prejudices and foibles of my fellow forumites
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    edited June 2011
    Cav - The tortured artist thing is getting a little boring. Whinging bugger.
    Wiggins - I'd like him, if he never spoke.
    Renshaw - Just don't.
    A.Valverde - Dodgy piece of work. Don't come back too soon, now!
    Bruyneel - Can we count Directeur Sportifs? The guy is a tool.
    Lance - Thank christ he's retired
    Myself - Oh, wait. We said professionals...

I'm starting to go cold on:
    Cancellara - Getting too big for his boots?
    EBH - Good rider, but I can't take to him
    Contador - Victim of his own success?
    Sagan - Struggling to like him
    Menchov - Personality of a brick, on and off the bike.
    Hushovd - Moans a bit too much.

Used to dislike, but warmed to:
    Cadel Evans - Winning the worlds was classy
    Di Luca - It's hard to like a doper, but he has panache
    Vino - Who doesn't love his attacks?
    Bert Grabsch - Can't really explain why.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • BarryBonds
    BarryBonds Posts: 344
    This is like Group hate therapy
    I like it

ANDY SCLECK AND HIS SHADOW FRANK 2 insipid less interesting characters ive never met.

And i think theyre dopers

there i fell better all ready
    thank you
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Farrar - he should shave and sprint with grace.
    Andy - lightweight
    Menchov - shadow rider with little emotion
    Freire - clinical; hides a lot
    Most Australian riders
    Most US riders
    Leipheimer - embodies the difference between EU and US cycling culture
    Lance - nasty piece of work
    Pozzato - negative racing
    Roche - just dont
    Gerrans - wheel sucker extraordinaire
    Hunter - big mouth, no results
    Anyone who messes up the photos with ugly clothing style
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    FJS wrote:
    Voeckler - never liked him, although his camera-attention seeking is less tedious than it used to be, and he doesn't just attack when there's camera's around but actually tries to win races

In case you weren't already aware. 2011 wins ranking:
    Gilbert 9
    Contador 9
    Kittel 8
    Feillu 8
    Voeckler 8
    Contador is the Greatest
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    Any of them that are quicker than me*

*All of them#

#All of you as well
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • BarryBonds
    BarryBonds Posts: 344
    FJS wrote:
    Voeckler - never liked him, although his camera-attention seeking is less tedious than it used to be, and he doesn't just attack when there's camera's around but actually tries to win races

In case you weren't already aware. 2011 wins ranking:
    Gilbert 9
    Contador 9
    Kittel 8
    Feillu 8
    Voeckler 8

We love voeckler in this house we love the fact hes the new voight
  • frenchfighter
    For those that dont like Contador, unlikely you watched this. Check out the video (end of the thread)
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12775547
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    For those that dont like Contador, unlikely you watched this. Check out the video (end of the thread)
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12775547

You mean Voeckler right? You just can't get Bertie of your mind can you :)
  • frenchfighter
    LoL
    Contador is the Greatest
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Andy - lightweight
    Most Australian riders
    Most US riders
    Roche - just dont

Blimey. I agree with everything you said. Especially the australians :)
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Andy - lightweight
    Most Australian riders
    Most US riders

Roche - just dont

The poster who mentioned prejudices earlier is bang on the money........its all spewing forth in this thread.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    bompington wrote:
    I have to say, as someone who knows very little about the world of pro cycling, that this thread is very helpful - not that it tells me anything at all about the pros, but it certainly reveals a lot about the prejudices and foibles of my fellow forumites

+1

One or two have nailed their colours firmly to the..... "i dislike rider x becuase he is from x country mast ".............it will be the colour of skin next .
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    David Millar.

His sycophantic musings about his use of peds makes me want to puke. His attitude grates me. His little boy lost in the big bad world of pro cycling's temptations is a lot of tosh, blaming others for his actions, listening to his recent 5 live interview left me stunned by his naivety.

I also dont subscribe to the whole 'at least he's come clean' chat. He is a cheat, and worse he feels he can be holier than thou pontificating about the usage of peds in today's peleton. Pot, kettle, black. Oh the irony!

At least the likes of Vino have the humility to shut up and get on with it.
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    edited June 2011
    In no particular order of dislike:

1. Robbie McEWEN - My dislike principally derives from the Phil & Paul love-in. Back in the early days he was still only a second-rate sprinter at best, these days a fourth rater. His arrogance is what caps it.

2. George Hincapie - The man with the Desparate Dan Jaw-line who appears to have escaped (significantly) the doping tar-brush - yet all the signs and recent books (including Lance to Landis) point the finger. ALl the "big this, big that" gets on my nerves too.

3. Levi Leipheimer - Apologies - this all started from looks - but now I have developed this enormous dislike for him. Its like he is a sneaky, boring little man. I remember thinking something wasnt right back in 2007 at the ToC when I heard him shouting to a friend of Floyd, "How is Floyd doing? Give him my best". At the time I thought Floyd was the pariah, but apparently not - signalled something to me that there were shenanigans going on.

4. Andy & Frank - I can only reiterate the comments that already appear. I like the term "dullard". I have listed both on the same line because quite frankly (pardon the pun) they are inseparable. Their apparent rubbish bike-handling skills attracts contempt. Andy's horse mouth (as mentioned last year) also kills them off. The final nail is the association with Trek - I just see them trying to usurp the lost Lance fanboys who only know about the Tour and nothing else.

5. Chris Sorensen - Nice guy, but his constant head-rocking drives me nuts. What a terrible riding style.

6. JM Soler - Again, this guy's riding style and absolute muppetry in the handling department leave a lot to be desired. His Tour success was clearly juiced and he just looks unsightly on a bike.

7. J. Van Summeren - Nobody that gangly should be permitted to cycle (apologies to very tall people here). He just looks like a gigantic twig riding a farm gate. No matter what bike he rides it will always look sh*te in size 80cm frame

8. Greipel - The mouth comment is correct.

9. Wiggins - For being so far up his own ass. I initially disliked him because I saw him as a team-hopper and then because he was sh*te on the road in the events I watched him. Got lucky in 2009 and then team hopped again. Also, because he thinks he is a rock star. Dude, grow up and stop trying to be someone else....

I'll probably think of more later
    www.dotcycling.com
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Contador for the pistol when he crosses the line, same as why I don't like Vettel in F1 for the finger when he wins.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • emadden
    Of course ... in my last diatribe, I forgot to mention the king spanner amongst all tools, D. Zabriskie... the guy that just tries too hard (to be funny).

Here are the three Stoogies in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31OZLj0c ... 8083C905A0
    www.dotcycling.com
  • SeadooXP
    SeadooXP Posts: 28
    I would have to say Andy Shleck, for a number of reasons, but mostly for being the manchurian candidate - just an average human being on an $10000 bike and one of the best doping programs. He's basically a knock-kneed kid who was born into a cycling family, but to be a true champion, you have to look the part too. His cadence and riding style leave much to be sought after. He has a long way to go, even if he can finish 2nd three times in grand tours. Yet to get a win this year, pathetic.
  • emadden
    SeadooXP wrote:
    I would have to say Andy Shleck, for a number of reasons, but mostly for being the manchurian candidate - just an average human being on an $10000 bike and one of the best doping programs. He's basically a knock-kneed kid who was born into a cycling family, but to be a true champion, you have to look the part too. His cadence and riding style leave much to be sought after. He has a long way to go, even if he can finish 2nd three times in grand tours. Yet to get a win this year, pathetic.

+1

I love this thread... so full of contempt and bile :lol::lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    emadden wrote:

1. Robbie Williams - My dislike principally derives from the Phil & Paul love-in. Back in the early days he was still only a second-rate sprinter at best, these days a fourth rater. His arrogance is what caps it.

Robbie Williams? He's on my most disliked list too especially after the traffic chaos Take That caused in Cardiff yesterday. Didn't realise he doubled as a pro cyclist though, suspect he struggles in the hills! :wink:
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957

I dont think anyone who knows anything about Oscar Freire could describe him as "clinical". The man once got on a bus for the start of a stage of TA without his helmet, shoes or leaders jersey.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • emadden
    Pross wrote:
    emadden wrote:

1. Robbie Williams - My dislike principally derives from the Phil & Paul love-in. Back in the early days he was still only a second-rate sprinter at best, these days a fourth rater. His arrogance is what caps it.

Robbie Williams? He's on my most disliked list too especially after the traffic chaos Take That caused in Cardiff yesterday. Didn't realise he doubled as a pro cyclist though, suspect he struggles in the hills! :wink:

hahaha... great catch... What was I thinking... Ok Robbie McEwen....

And just to add another... Robin Williams... just because of his love-in with Lance (whom I dont dislike, I hate)
    www.dotcycling.com
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    emadden wrote:
    In
    3. Levi Leipheimer - Apologies - this all started from looks - but now I have developed this enormous dislike for him. Its like he is a sneaky, boring little man. I remember thinking something wasnt right back in 2007 at the ToC when I heard him shouting to a friend of Floyd, "How is Floyd doing? Give him my best". At the time I thought Floyd was the pariah, but apparently not - signalled something to me that there were shenanigans going on.

Have you been watching Megamind ? He comes good in the end though......
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Agree with most of Emadden - not sure of his Van Summeren coments i ride a garden gate :D

Robbie McEwen - What happened to him cant stand Armstrong and now they are good twitter buddies and he took the 30 pieces of silver to join Radioshack

George Hincapie - " It wasnt me i never seen anything" another fanboy crawly bum lick along with Ekimov,Popovych,Kloden etc etc.

Levi "Mt Baldy" Leipheimer - Really enjoy him getting a kicking on a climb yet another bum licker to the Texan Messiah. Baldy napper and black socks....ooh such class on a bike NOT !!!!

The Schlecks - OOh Andy please wait on me......oooh Frank please wait on me too dont leave me.....we cant make big choices on our own or put a bike chain on when it comes off.

Greipel - I thought it was just me who noticed he had a no teeth and a basking shark look

Cavendish - well for just being a prick and bum licking up to his Texan buddy.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206

I dont think anyone who knows anything about Oscar Freire could describe him as "clinical". The man once got on a bus for the start of a stage of TA without his helmet, shoes or leaders jersey.

Doesnt he also drive an austin metro or something really old and battered like that? He sounds about as clinical as Arfur daley
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    MrTapir wrote:

Doesnt he also drive an austin metro or something really old and battered like that? He sounds about as clinical as Arfur daley

Also, remember that epic bunny hop in the TdS some years ago, at full speed and he went on to win the stage.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.