Least Liked Current Pro

Comments

• pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Cancellara for me. There is no questioning his supreme power and skill on the bike, but he has started to refer to himself in the third person and that's never good. Especially when interspersed with liberal use of words like 'champion', 'gladiator' and 'engine'.

Of the others, Schleck (both), Cantador...........

I appreciate this is very much going against the grain, but I can't stand Jens Voigt either.

On the flipside, Evans has turned it round for me.............his tempremental antics crack me up.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    For me, I can't stand Andy Schleck -- I'm a horrible bike rider but I can move my chain without dropping it every minute.

I really dislike the Cavendish attitude and the smugness/holiness of Millar/Wiggins.

Robbie McEwan hopefully will go away soon.

I'm still recovering from the fact that Armstrong finished third at the Tour. The Horror, the horror...
  • tc345
    tc345 Posts: 98
    Haussler is a whingy 'not my fault' cry baby.

Horner and Leipheimer because i see them as Lance wannabe clones that need to retire.

Pozzato for ruining many a good race.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Michele Scarponi - I find it hard to believe he's clean. Dodgy team for the last few years, sudden improvement in form in his late 30s. Well dodgy.

Scarponi might look like he's about 70, but he's only 31. Whatever he's on, its not Oil of Olay.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    I used to like Victoria Pendleton but affter she blamed her own crapness on Shanaze Reade at the world cup, and then i read that she 'hates' racing, I now have an intense dislike of her and want her to lose to all the other riders.

I cant think of anyone in the pro peloton that I hate that much, apart from some of the Radioshack riders. Not Beppu and Deignan though, or Brajkovic.

I like watching Cancellara ride his bike but he always seems like a smug git in interviews.

Julian Dean also, but not for any real reason.
  • Will.C
    Will.C Posts: 245
    Farrar and Haussler. Both for whinging. And Farrar for that f'king transitions advert on every ad break during the TDF last year.

Hunter for just being a knob.

And theres just something about the Renshaw and Porte which just annoys me, seems there's not much going on upstairs and it genuinely pains them trying to talk. Justw atch the specialized vids on youtube and you'll see what I mean.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    LangerDan wrote:
    Michele Scarponi - I find it hard to believe he's clean. Dodgy team for the last few years, sudden improvement in form in his late 30s. Well dodgy.

Scarponi might look like he's about 70, but he's only 31. Whatever he's on, its not Oil of Olay.

I listed him as someone I like even though I don't want to. I think it's a bit unfair to single him out as dodgy in a whole peloton of dodginess.
  • Gingerflash
    Gingerflash Posts: 239
    You're quite right about Scarponi of course. Clearly his teens were spent on the longest paper round in the world.

Scarponi - 31
    bettiniphoto_0080683_1_full_1_600.jpg

Horner - 39.
    Christopher-HORNER-(TEAM-RADIOSHACK)-1.jpg
  • domhopson
    domhopson Posts: 259
    Gotta be Hushovd and Farrar for me.

Hushovd is an embarrassment to the rainbow jersey, and I can't forget those transition lenses ads. They just made me dislike Farrar.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I let Sidi decide who I should dislike the most.
    exercise.png
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    A. Shleck - Complete dullard, riding style, his lack of actual riding, his face, everything - dull.

B. Wiggins - Don't hate wiggins, don't really dislike him, but ive seen more exciting turds than him. I know he rode the Dauphine well, and rode how he had to to win, but found watching him chug up hills sitting 10th man back all day long bored the hell out of me.

Most Sprinters - Cav no exception, again theres no hate, but sprinters just aint my cup of tea, you watch a dull 5 hour race accross the flatest of the flat to see 3 seconds of action at the end, only for the cheeky bastards to pull out of the Tours before the end because 'it just aint flat enough' and all the sprinting has finished, if you havn't got the slightest bit of interest in the yellow jersey, then im not interested in you. (can of worms here)

Dean Downing - he's just a turd.

Joaquim Rodríguez - Don't know why really, irritates me, find him a bit smarmy.

i could go on, but i think im coming accross bitter...
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Any one at 'The Shack' was dissappointed beppu went

Anyone at Leopard was dissapointed Feiulle, Weylandt and Fuglsang went there

extra distain for Chinny after last years TDF I didn't like contador until 09 but started to when he was up against it at Astana still hate the pistol celebration though.

Haussler, Pettachi, Di Luca, Hunter, Scarponi...

It would probably be easier to write a list of who I did like.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    90% of team leopard, dirty bertie, hushovd and haussler.

starting to dislike millar after the bbc interview a bit back just seemed smug, think the holy david nickname sums it up well.

for some reason radioshack didn't really make me dislike them now lance has gone. and even though I should want to hunt ricco like a fox, I like him which is odd maybe its because he's evil and doesn't care. (think he should be made to wear a cape panto bad guy style)
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Bakunin wrote:
    I'm still recovering from the fact that Armstrong finished third at the Tour. The Horror, the horror...

I hate to break this to you, but he also won it. Several times. Sorry. :wink:

Can I expound my dislike for Michael Barry and any other pro/ex pro/ never was a pro who write in that awful, flowery "giants of the road" style making a bike race into some sort of comment on art, society and life in general?

I like to call this process "Raphafication"
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Contador and Hushvold.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Can I expound my dislike for Michael Barry and any other pro/ex pro/ never was a pro who write in that awful, flowery "giants of the road" style making a bike race into some sort of comment on art, society and life in general?

I like to call this process "Raphafication"

French journalists have been writing like that for 100 years.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    TheStone wrote:

+1,000. The ad with Basso and Nibali is probably the most cringe-worthy advert since that ludicrous one with Clenbutador in a leather jacket.

Clenbutador's the one I have a beef with at the moment. Other than that, I really disliked Cunego until yesterday, although that's probably because I foolishly picked him in my road.cc fantasy team for the Classics and he was rubbish.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    Nice thread :)

1. A Schleck- why can't the man ride up a mountain without looking behind him for mummy to come and hold his hand.

2. H Hausler- Ruined the Beyond the Peloton videos with his whining

3. Cancellara- I appreciate his talent but the stage in the Tour where he neutralised it really annoyed me

4. Horner/Leipheimer and anyone at Radioshack

5 Carlton Kirby, I know hes from my hometown and technically not a cyclist but still... :)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    MrTapir wrote:
    I used to like Victoria Pendleton but affter she blamed her own crapness on Shanaze Reade at the world cup

Brave to criticise VP :shock: However, I agree completely with that comment and mentioned it on here at the time. Plus it was her assumption that after Jess Varnish had done the quickest ever opening lap by a Brit in the same race (paired with Becky James) that Jess would move over to partner her. She really did come across as arrogant.
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    TheStone wrote:

Quality! :lol:
    Mens agitat molem
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Greipel. His mouth is too big for a cyclist. I like cyclists to look sleek, but with that mouth of his he looks like a basking shark when he celebrates a win.

Luis Leon Sanchez, 'cos I once had an absolutely terrifying nightmare in which I was trapped in a church these vampire children whose heads were just bare skulls, and they had no eyes, just glowing scarlet sockets and LL Sanchez looks uncannily like them (except he's got skin and eyes, of course, but the shape of his mouth and head are identical).
  • I have to agree on Schleck minor.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    dougzz wrote:
    I'm going to incur the wrath of half a country here, and certainly the OP, but Boonen leaves me cold.

You've clearly never shared a bed with him...
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I have to agree on Schleck minor.

You betray your military signals training with this comment.
  • Andy Schleck bland and way to tourcentric
  • Andy Schleck bland and way to tourcentric
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    Giovanni Visconti, for his plucked eyebrows.
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    Horner might look young (with a hat on) but I believe HGH is good for helping you keep your youth.

I really don't like Contador, I really wish he would just f**k off.
  • thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    Contador - cheat

worse than that cheat with no balls
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Leipheimer & Wiggins. Dullard & over-rated tool respectively.