Least Liked Current Pro

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Clinical in that he wastes zero energy and more often than not you will never know he is riding until the last 50m.

I know about him and all those stories - you want a picture of his pump ducktaped to his bike?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

I know about him and all those stories - you want a picture of his pump ducktaped to his bike?

Is that prison talk?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Agree with most of Emadden - not sure of his Van Summeren coments i ride a garden gate

Robbie McEwen - What happened to him cant stand Armstrong and now they are good twitter buddies and he took the 30 pieces of silver to join Radioshack

George Hincapie - " It wasnt me i never seen anything" another fanboy crawly bum lick along with Ekimov,Popovych,Kloden etc etc.

Levi "Mt Baldy" Leipheimer - Really enjoy him getting a kicking on a climb yet another bum licker to the Texan Messiah. Baldy napper and black socks....ooh such class on a bike NOT !!!!

The Schlecks - OOh Andy please wait on me......oooh Frank please wait on me too dont leave me.....we cant make big choices on our own or put a bike chain on when it comes off.

Greipel - I thought it was just me who noticed he had a no teeth and a basking shark look

Cavendish - well for just being a prick and bum licking up to his Texan buddy.

Can I just add Chris Horner to the list as well and his manager Bruyneel..... 8)
  • frenchfighter
    The hop is on YT, very short clip.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    iainf72 wrote:

Is that prison talk?

:lol::lol:
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Moray Gub wrote:
    One or two have nailed their colours firmly to the..... "i dislike rider x becuase he is from x country mast ".............it will be the colour of skin next .

No it won't, cycling is only for white people :wink:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    pat1cp wrote:
    Colin Montgomerie :twisted: :oops:

I'll see your Monty and raise you a Clarkson
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Clinical in that he wastes zero energy and more often than not you will never know he is riding until the last 50m.

You say clinical, I say that the man is good at two things in life, reading a race and sprinting. The rest is a mystery to him.

I would love that picture yes.

Some more classic Oscar

He spent his prize money from his first worlds win on a stairlift for his gran.

He broke his collarbone putting his jacket on in the ToC, by getting it stuck in his back wheel.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    He may be a nice guy and have a great palmare but I am entitled not to like his way of racing.

freire.jpg

Didnt know those last two points.

Sastre has much charitable work as does Contador and Im sure many others.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Some more classic Oscar

He broke his collarbone putting his jacket on in the ToC, by getting it stuck in his back wheel.

As a kid he was Spanish Scalextric Champion (genuinely)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206

You say clinical, I say that the man is good at two things in life, reading a race and sprinting. The rest is a mystery to him.

I would love that picture yes.

Some more classic Oscar

Freire is awesome, this should be turned into one of those Chuck Norris/Jens Voigt websites. "Oscar Friere missed the start of Bayern Rundfhart 2005 because he was explaining the rules of gin rummy to a child" etc
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    I'd completely forgotten the Scalectrix fact.

And FF of course you are entitled not to enjoy his racing. I don't dispute that at all. I just have a great admiration for the guy and love retelling those tales.

What really makes the jacket story is that he'd just watched Kim Kirchen have exactly the same crash.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    He may be a nice guy and have a great palmare but I am entitled not to like his way of racing.
    I find the whole idea of debating choices in this thread a bit weird, as it's per definition personal and subjective, but, isn't his 'way of racing' which you describe as wasting minimal energy and only emerging in the last meters, completely typical for a sprinter? If I would be seduced to debating I would even say that for a sprinter Freire has been in relatively many breaks, and won from breaks. - you'd enjoy how he won his first World Champs title back in 1999 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMhdTVfQhYY (still completely unknown to the Italian comentators here, calling him 'Freire Gomez' as it said on the startsheet).
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Agree with most of Emadden - not sure of his Van Summeren coments i ride a garden gate :D

Sorry about that mate... if you put some tassels at the end of the handlebars it might look ok...I know NapD had some comments on tassels over at the OCP thread :-)
    www.dotcycling.com
  • emadden

freire.jpg

Didnt know those last two points.

Sastre has much charitable work as does Contador and Im sure many others.

This could be going down the sybian route again, but whats that taped to the toptube ?? :lol::lol::lol::lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Isn't strange that the same names keep cropping up?
    From my point of view
    The Twit and Bruyneel and his squashy face.
    Wiggins 'cos he's a whinger (I know I left the 'h' off in another thread but he does like his football analogies)
    Cancellara and Andy/Frank.
    I still think Sky are smug although they have one or two of my sort-of-fave riders.
    I find Cavendish difficult to like (sorry Tusher) although I did enjoy that interview with him on Eurosport.
    Can't warm to Boardman or the rest of the ITV team especially that Rendell.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,173
    Cadel Evans - yet another classic example of the nationality that call us the "Whinging Poms" and yet spend their whole lives emitting one pitiful whine after another. Casey Stoner (Tiny Tears) and Ricky Ponting being two other particularly good examples of the breed.

Yet they've all won a World Championship or a World Cup. Stoner isn't liked because he can beat Rossi...

But back to cycling; Contador - for obvious reasons, I really want to like him, but after last year, no chance - shouldn't be riding. Also Hushovd - behaved small time when 'winning' the Green jersey in 2009, and has carried the rainbow jersey with complete ineptness.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Isn't strange that the same names keep cropping up?
    From my point of view
    The Twit and Bruyneel and his squashy face.
    Wiggins 'cos he's a whinger (I know I left the 'h' off in another thread but he does like his football analogies)
    Cancellara and Andy/Frank.
    I still think Sky are smug although they have one or two of my sort-of-fave riders.
    I find Cavendish difficult to like (sorry Tusher) although I did enjoy that interview with him on Eurosport.
    Can't warm to Boardman or the rest of the ITV team especially that Rendell.

Funny how we have all mentioned some Ex - Riders we didnt like :D Yeah i forgot to mention that smug git Boardman. Never had the personality that Obree had.
  • petejuk
    petejuk Posts: 235
    Very interesting reasons some of you have for not liking certain riders. A great thread. For me, I like riders who are prepared to put it all on the line- a failed breakaway or a heavy crash after trying to catch the leaders, or those who cross the line so completely spent that you think they're never going to get up the next day and do it all again. Despite his personality flaws, Evans seems to be someone who'll drag himself through the mill, so therefore doesn't make the hate list.There are those who bring a certain panache to the peleton with their riding skills; Cancellara's power and descending ability mean that although he exudes this sickly, self styled 'guardian of the peleton' stance, he too fails to make the list.

No, for me, topping the list it has to be Andy Schleck. He has such a wet personality, doesn't win a great deal, is boring to watch, plays it safe all the time and will no doubt spend the majority of the TdF this year not bringing the race to Bertie. Yes Andy you are my most disliked rider.
  • Tootler
    Tootler Posts: 53
    Pozzato - Total wnker. I am surprised his name has not been mentioned by more people.

Ballan - As above.

Menchov - Really winds me up for some reason - except when he falls off, that is pure entertainment. I especially enjoyed watching him fall off whilst going up hill.

Valverde - never liked him.

Hushovd - He never used to bother me, but now he does, especially after his P-R wheel sucking nonsense.

Tommy D - Just because some commentators refer to him as Tommy D is reason enough.

Haussler - At first I didn't like him, then he stopped annoying me for a while, but he's back on the list ever since he chucked his bike in front of Cav's and then blamed him for it. And because he doesn't know if he is a kraut or a crim.
  • federalski
    federalski Posts: 93
    Mikel Astarloza for winning the TDF stage a couple of years ago when I had a bet on Casar who was second, Mikel later found to be doped...

Pendleton for banging on about wanting to peak for the Olympics at the Worlds this year implying that she cannot peak twice in over a year...

Cancellara for his nonsense last year in neutralizing that stage.
  • cornoyemade
    cornoyemade Posts: 180
    Cavendishy by a mile!
  • emadden
    One more for today: Flecha - not only because I think he is sh*te, but also the way he rode the 2010 Paris Roubaix... sucked wheels and no help in chasing the motorbike Cancellara -
    www.dotcycling.com
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Tootler wrote:
    Pozzato - Total wnker. I am surprised his name has not been mentioned by more people.

He is a massive wanker but he looks so classy on the bike. That's enough for me.

After all, I've never met any of these chumps. What else can I go on?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    emadden wrote:
    One more for today: Flecha - not only because I think he is sh*te, but also the way he rode the 2010 Paris Roubaix... sucked wheels and no help in chasing the motorbike Cancellara -

Did we watch the same race? :shock:
  • rick_chasey
    emadden wrote:

You should speak to Hoste about Flecha.

Roubaix 2009

(i'm at work so can't translate literally)

Something like "That Flecha better not come near me" "can't handle a bike" "never did any work" etc etc
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    AndyRAC wrote:
    Cadel Evans - yet another classic example of the nationality that call us the "Whinging Poms" and yet spend their whole lives emitting one pitiful whine after another. Casey Stoner (Tiny Tears) and Ricky Ponting being two other particularly good examples of the breed.

Yet they've all won a World Championship or a World Cup. Stoner isn't liked because he can beat Rossi...

But back to cycling; Contador - for obvious reasons, I really want to like him, but after last year, no chance - shouldn't be riding. Also Hushovd - behaved small time when 'winning' the Green jersey in 2009, and has carried the rainbow jersey with complete ineptness.

This wasn't a debate on their achievements, it was a debate on who we liked least and why. I've got enormous respect for all of their sporting achievements and their abilities. It's just the fact that they are whinging, whining to55ers that offends me.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    It's just the fact that they are whinging, whining to55ers that offends me.

Yay for plain talking! :D
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    AndyRAC wrote:

Actually Stoner is not liked because he is an arrogant arshole who moans too much.

Apparently he said to Rossi who was apologising at the time after their "coming together" that his ambition outweighed his talent! To a living legend. :roll:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • rick_chasey
    Loving how Hushovd is getting Shtick for having a poor World Champ jersey season, yet Ballan's getting off scott free.