Lesbians

EKE_38BPM
EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
Now that I have your interest.

Calling all legal eagles.

Would a practicing lesbian who has never had sex with a man be legally classed as a virgin?

I asked this question once on Facebook and got loads of grief from an ex-girlfriend's tree hugger mates mainly revolving around their belief that men think sex is entirely focused on genitalia, but none actually answered the question.

I have no reason to ask this, just thinking out loud.
FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I didn't know there was such a thing as 'legally a virgin'.

Why would the law take an interest in that?
  • Show me a room full of sexy young female illegal virgins. There is some crime fighting to be done Batman.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I can't remember exactly why I wanted to know but there was a reason.

Maybe it was something to do with there being no legal consent age for lesbian sex because Queen Victoria couldn't belive that women would do such a thing.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    men think sex is entirely focused on genitalia

Yes.

And more specifically mine.

I assume the was a question in a post but I've been side tracked and have been thinking about Fiona Bruce asking me to adjust the gearing on her new Cippolini for the last 2 mins.

Argh

It hurts
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Greg T - Fiona Bruce doesn't have a Cipollini - she does however have a tandem. She is also more attractive in the flesh - sorry! :twisted:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Pardon my simplistic view here: but doesn't sex at some point involve the genitals?

I don't care what is poking into what, but surely either the poker or the pokee is involving their genitals in the act of poking.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I can't remember exactly why I wanted to know but there was a reason.

Did it involve alcohol?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope
    Pardon my simplistic view here: but doesn't sex at some point involve the genitals?

I don't care what is poking into what, but surely either the poker or the pokee is involving their genitals in the act of poking.

I think you've missed one of the fundamental differences between the sexes here. If both participants are pokees then does the lack of traditional poking make both pokees illegal...

:?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    In my opinion, and I have given this quite a lot of thought over the years is that lesbians having sex with...

... Lesbians...

...Custard....

....lesbians...

....sorry, what was the question?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    There are two schools of thought here.

There is the "Non-politically correct DDD obnoxious don't be so bloody tree-huggingly stupid Jeremy Clarkson view".

And there is the "socially accepted view".

The socially accepted view is that "spiritually" (because technically doesn't sit right with me) they are not virgins.

The DDD view is:

Don't be so silly, of course they're virgins and are clearly missing out.

Watch Chasing Amy. In my book hands don't count either. Or the gyno took it.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Kieran_Burns
    dhope wrote:

I think you've missed one of the fundamental differences between the sexes here. If both participants are pokees then does the lack of traditional poking make both pokees illegal...

Ah, but the original point was that the genitals must be involved in whatever pokerage is occurring.

Just 'cos the two parties involved are traditionally pokees it does not mean that something is not being poked into at least one of pokees poke holes

and judging by some of the videos (I've been told about, often, and in detail) that are apparently available; there is some mutual poking going on AT THE SAME TIME :shock:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    So we're defining sex as one of the following

a. Traditional, male and female
    b. Anything goes, as long as it's involves something attached to a living entity being inserted into another, it's sex
    c. Even more broadly, anything (be it plastic, ivory, leather, whatever) being inserted is sex
    d. Nothing needs to get inserted into anything and sex is all about a loving interaction between 2 individuals

Which is the correct "legal" definition?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Headhuunter
    dhope wrote:

Ah, but the original point was that the genitals must be involved in whatever pokerage is occurring.

Just 'cos the two parties involved are traditionally pokees it does not mean that something is not being poked into at least one of pokees poke holes

and judging by some of the videos (I've been told about, often, and in detail) that are apparently available; there is some mutual poking going on AT THE SAME TIME :shock:

So as long as *something* is being poked into a human genital orifice, it's sex?
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    So as long as *something* is being poked into a human genital orifice, it's sex?

Well, I think someone else has to be involved too...
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Kieran_Burns
    dhope wrote:

I don't know, but I am willing to investigate thoroughly.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Headhuunter
    davis wrote:

Hmmm... True, so for legal definition purposes, another individual (or living entity - human only or animal? Plant?) has to be involved....
  • Kieran_Burns
    davis wrote:

Hmmm... True, so for legal definition purposes, another individual (or living entity - human only or animal? Plant?) has to be involved....

Impressive - only the 1st page and already we're onto Lesbian Hentai.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • davis
    edited June 2011
    davis wrote:

Ok, a legal definition. I'll just stick to humans, thanks

If there is poking going on between two humans, and at least some of the inter-human poking is in a genital poke-hole, then it is sex.

If there is non-genital poke-hole poking going on between two humans, then it's fooling around.

If there's genital poke-hole poking going on, but there's only one human, then they're engaged in vigorous self-pollution, and should wash their hands when they're done.

Actually, everyone should wash at least their hands when they're done.

There. Watertight! (Which is a separate thread).
  • DonDaddyD
    So we're defining sex as one of the following

a. Traditional, male and female
    b. Anything goes, as long as it's involves something attached to a living entity being inserted into another, it's sex
    c. Even more broadly, anything (be it plastic, ivory, leather, whatever) being inserted is sex
    d. Nothing needs to get inserted into anything and sex is all about a loving interaction between 2 individuals

Which is the correct "legal" definition?

The answer is B, just ask Team America.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    I think Headhunter just found out he is a virgin or has merely been foolin' around.

Kieran Burns to the rescue!!!

:P :P :P
    Food Chain number = 4

• greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172

The law can be very probing when it wants to be.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Headhuunter
    Greg66 wrote:

The law can be very probing when it wants to be.

As anyone who is shagging a lawyer can vouch
  • Headhuunter
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I think Headhunter just found out he is a virgin or has merely been foolin' around.

Kieran Burns to the rescue!!!

:P :P :P

Damn you, was it that obvious? Time for Kieran to step up to the plate. PM me your address big boy.... I'll be round after work...
  • Kieran_Burns
    I'm scared now
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Headhuunter
    I'm scared now

Typical.... All talk...
  • davis
    I'm scared now

Play it cool, you should at least get dinner out of it.
  • dhope
    davis wrote:
    I'm scared now

Or if he's handy with a tool then get him to give your big ring a going over first.

*Paging GregT and Greg66.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Headhuunter
    dhope wrote:
    davis wrote:
    I'm scared now

Or if he's handy with a tool then get him to give your big ring a going over first.

Oh I'm very handy.... So dinner, chat (we can talk about bikes).... Who knows where the evning may lead...
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    dhope wrote:
    davis wrote:
    I'm scared now

Oh I'm very handy.... So dinner, chat (we can talk about bikes).... Who knows where the evning may lead...

I see this starting and ending in the Oxo Tower.

Thankyouverymuch. I'mhereallweek. Youvebeenalovelyaudience.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    Wow, who knew!?

The bright yellow bike begins to make sense now!

:P

Has there actually been a legal answer yet? Where's Spen or W1, they'll be able to answer the question without being swayed... Throw in Jeremy Rundle for some right wing disgust and this thread will go down as a classic!
    Food Chain number = 4