What's your body shape?

124»

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    and if one wants to you can do various online tests http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

to find out your body type

2.08, mesomorph...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I've actually got quite broad shoulders - and cycling seems to firm up my arms and shoulders along with my legs. I've got a beer belly and mooby-pecks. If I could replace my torso I'd have the perfect coat hanger look :x

My score is 1.58
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    1.92.....did I win? or Lose....again?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,387
    2.33. With slightly different answers to one or two questions, I got 2.48 last time.

Seriously, what a load of cobblers! How would you know what your metabolic rate was unless you'd had it specifically measured? And the thumb and middle finger around the wrist - that just proves that I've got short fingers (only just touching despite 'lady's' wrists. As for whether I'm emotional or intellectual, WTF? About as scientific as horoscopes.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    I would say that I'm fit, slim and awesome.
    My wife says that I'm too thin.
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    6' and 78 kilos. Just checked my BMI and that's 23.3. Before commuting it was about 27. Calculator here if you're interested, just don't start a debate on how good a measure it is.

As for shape, lean and toned legs, lean arms, all the weight is packed around my middle. Unfortunately its not the kind of weight that contributes to my climbing abilities.

I'm 6'2", 82kg, puts my BMI at 23.2 which is healthy (glad to see) but towards the overweight end of the spectrum! I'm planning to get down to around 80kg by the start of July but my wife thinks I'll look too scrawny, makes me wonder about the BMI thing (my bigger than average thighs probably push my weight up quite a bit).
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    BigMat wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    6' and 78 kilos. Just checked my BMI and that's 23.3. Before commuting it was about 27. Calculator here if you're interested, just don't start a debate on how good a measure it is.

As for shape, lean and toned legs, lean arms, all the weight is packed around my middle. Unfortunately its not the kind of weight that contributes to my climbing abilities.

I'm 6'2", 82kg, puts my BMI at 23.2 which is healthy (glad to see) but towards the overweight end of the spectrum! I'm planning to get down to around 80kg by the start of July but my wife thinks I'll look too scrawny, makes me wonder about the BMI thing (my bigger than average thighs probably push my weight up quite a bit).

BMI seems to be a good measure for people that don't exercise... mine is 23.4 (5'10, 74Kgs today) but there's no way I'm on the overweight side
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Mine is about 20, half a point either way because I'm not sure exactly how much I weigh, we've got no scales.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • coshgirl66
    coshgirl66 Posts: 45
    52kg, 1m63.5, slim, toned and muscular (for a woman!) :D
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    coshgirl66 wrote:

That won't get you any attention on here at all, no sirree...

paging DonDon...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    coshgirl66 wrote:

That won't get you any attention on here at all, no sirree...

paging DonDon...

And your phone number is.......

Another job for our serial harasser....
  • coshgirl66
    coshgirl66 Posts: 45
    But like all the 'good ones' alas, I'm already taken :lol:
  • Confusedboy
    Confusedboy Posts: 287
    Bit lardyish, should lay off the pies,* but I think of myself as a well balanced, alternatively slender, model of perfection and don't care much about what anyone else thinks. You need a big hammer to drive a big nail....

* I don't eat pies. That is for working class people.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    179cm 81.5kg

or 5'11ish and 12st 11lbish

Working on trimming down (a lot) Reckon I could spare a stone and a half.

I do love pies though :x
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • cloggsy
    cloggsy Posts: 243
    6' and 106Kg's (and falling I might add!)

Before cycling (and a self imposed calorie counting plan using the MyFitnessPal app on the iPhone & online,) I was 127Kg's!

Ideally, I'd like to get back to my old fighting weight of 85Kg's, but I'm not going to kill myself over it; the right side of 95Kg's would be nice for now :lol:
  • Harveytile
    Harveytile Posts: 227
    6'3" and 15 Stone. Yup, overweight according to BMI (and my shadow) but loving life.

200miles a week commuting and around 20 miles on the MTB on weekends sees out my exercise quota nicely. 8)
    Beep Beep Richie.

FCN +7 (Hanzo Fixed. Simple - for the commute)
    FCN +10 (Loud and proud PA)