Giro Stage 15 ***Spoiler***

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Bah. Spanish coalition already.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Contador has favours from Euskatel, Movistar and Androni still..

I have a funny feeling Bertie is going to be showing his true strength on the final climb.
    cartoon.jpg
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    All we need now is Rujano..
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Somebody needs to ride up to Anton and tell him Bert is from Madrid. Then say "Guernica" and "guardia cival"
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • disgruntledgoat
    Or Arroyo and whatever regional stereotype applies
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Gotta hand it to nibs for trying..
    cartoon.jpg
  • luckao
    Pah.. just sit up, Nibali. Don't waste your time battling this little alliance.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    At least Bertie is breathing hard.
    Nibs is tranquillo.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • afx237vi
    Anton about to pop? He's hanging on the back of the group.
  • afx237vi
    The best form of defence blah blah blah.
  • afx237vi
    Anton nowhere to be seen.
  • luckao
    Does Harmon refer to him as "Bertie"? Ha.
  • afx237vi
    Nibali gone kaboom... paying for the earlier effort.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Balls. Should've waited for the CAS, fella

@gietvangent
  • afx237vi
    Good stuff from Kruijswijk... Ridgerider might get some points here!
  • afx237vi
    Nibali is in a world of pain. Rapture please.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Will Nibs complain about being disrespected today?

Tosser.
  • luckao
    Number 2 pacing the boss up...
  • disgruntledgoat
    Why is anyone other than Contador on the front of that group? Ignore Nibali, they all need him to crack and therefore to ride! But I suppose if you do that you might finish 7th instead of 3rd or lose by 10 minutes instead of 6

@gietvangent
  • luckao
    Garzelli has a future in UFC.
  • afx237vi
    Why is anyone other than Contador on the front of that group? Ignore Nibali, they all need him to crack and therefore to ride! But I suppose if you do that you might finish 7th instead of 3rd or lose by 10 minutes instead of 6

Scarponi and Gadret are heading for the podium though. They know there's no beating Bert, so 2nd in better than 4th or 5th.

Chapeau to Nibali for at least trying, though. He won some fans today, for sure.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Agree, but Nibs is toast anyway so why not just sit on Bert and let him do what he's supposed to?

@gietvangent
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    When nibali was 25 seconds ahead, I thought we might have a little bit of a real race in the giro. Alas, contador has cracked yet another opponent. :(
  • afx237vi
    Agree, but Nibs is toast anyway so why not just sit on Bert and let him do what he's supposed to?

Because Rujano is the only guy riding. Payback for Etna.
  • Bakunin
    Nibs rode stupidly.

Pissed it away.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Bakunin wrote:
    Nibs rode stupidly.

Pissed it away.

I disagree. I like that he took a big risk, it was the only way he'd ever get to 1st place. Sure it's a risk of 1st or 7th but what's the point in 2nd place? He wants to win.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Don't think he pissed it away. He doesn't have the legs. End of.
  • luckao
    Shame. It will only reinforce the penchant for conservative tactics.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Agree with donr, he's the only one who's tried anything against Contador. Why haven't all those Italian teams done the old Robert Millar Vuelta trick?

@gietvangent
  • Bakunin
    Come on -- the point is he had no chance of getting first. He wasn't going to make up 3 minutes on that decent.

Sure he wants to win, they all do. It's a bike race.

It was dumb -- CAS may declare that Bertie did all of this for nothing.