Cube Hanzz Pro

Comments

• Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Nothing much to update. Decided to chuck some slicks on it for some road miles I was doing. 28 miles more or less killed my HRs so got hold of some Conti Double Fighter 2s. Interesting on wet grass :lol:

skinny2.jpg

skinny1.jpg

Looks like a proper hybrid doesn't it

Also got a 400lb spring to replace the 450. Will be testing it out up Cwmcarn DH on Monday night..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Squarepants
    Had a trip up to Bargoed today, highest point on the mountain (not that high I'm sure) from Cascade. About 2.5 hours with I'd say 12 miles covered. Nothing strenuous just a good spinning ride to keep the 'fitness' up

bargoed2308111-1.jpg

Also; sessioned the lower Cwmcarn DH last.. Monday? Will be working on getting quicker and more air time

At least 4 foot of (PB) air

DH1.jpg

DH2.jpg

DHblur.jpg

and Ben and I. Ben on his new Torque, very sweet and already getting more air than me; git.. (peakless FF just looks wierd though eh :lol:)

DH3.jpg

Good days both
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Dude, those slicks look soooooo wrong haha!

And stop picking on my peak lmao!

You up for an uplift on the 3rd then?
  • Squarepants
    But you look like a storm trooper gong wrong my friend :lol:

Yea the slicks do look all sorts of wrong eh.. Really make a difference on tarmac though..

It's typical isn't it, the DH day conflicts with something else which I've already agreed to. I'll be seeing if I can do both though, I'll let you know
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Squarepants
    3rd is looking good now dude.
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Had my first uplift and Cwmcarn yesterday with The Northern Monkey. Outstanding day and I'd recommend it to anyone. Kenny and Darrell were driving the shuttle rigs, we were mostly on with Darrell and he seemed to get us to the top pretty quickly.

Got 9 runs in total I think, hanged back at the top most times as I'd rather float behind someone who's slightly slower than be pushed by a quicker rider and make an unforced error; especially as I had little protection on. It's funny, when we've hit the DH after pedalling up the red or road I've felt fine. Maybe because it was a dedicated DH day I felt quite exposed and under dressed for the occasion. Think I had a different head on and wanted to be going bigger than usual, most others had full armour on also so I'm now looking to pick up

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=7088

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=57617

Looked at the 661 pressure suit but think I'll go Brand-X. Should see me reet :D

I had a rear pinch flat on the 2nd run on the big table top after the road drop, bit of a potch. I forgot my Camelbak with all my puncture repair kit in :roll: so pushed down and a very generous guy from "halfway between London and Brighton" sold me a tube etc. Job done. On the 3rd run my rear thru axle came loose (got a bit of a habit of doing that) so slowly rolled down. The 9th run saw another rear pinch flat on the same table top so called it a day. Started to rain as we were leaving the car park (4:40) so worked out pretty well. All in all a superb day, shame about the mechanicals but didn't spoil anything.

I'd started with a 400lb spring on the Van RC at the beginning of the day, evident it's too soft so changed back to 450lb and 100% improvement.

Only pick from the day, the Hanzz and the Torque

DH030911.jpg

I CANNOT WAIT to get up there again :D
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Cracking day fella :D

Yeah good option to get some armour... I reckon my brush with the tree and the over the bars may have been a lot more painful without the armour!
    My leg is cut up and bruised but upper body is fine so it definitely helped!

Hoping to have some sort of camera next time too! just on the look out for something suitable lol!

I'm off for 2 weeks as you know, go get your cassette and rear skewer sorted :P
  • Yep will do dude. Camera sounds like a plan.

Contrary to the above I've just emailed CRC about this

http://www.nukeproof.com/bodyarmour/nukeproof-jacket

Looks good, will wait to hear how much over my budget it is :roll: :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • ooo that looks quite nice :D

Not as hot as the brand x i'd imagine!

I wore a wicking top under my armour yesterday, made it much less sweaty and I'd completely forgotten I had it on!
  • Yep I'd imagine the Brand-X may be a little warmer, didn't notice you had a wicking top on underneath..

I'm currently looking on Nukeproofs site, spent about £700 in my head smiley.gif
    ^^ and he's Nukeproof yellow..

Question, do I have a 135mm or 150mm back wheel? It has a Syntace X12 thru axle. What's the measurement referring too? Width?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    X12 is 142mm, a new 'standard' this year, so you can only run a X12 system

Got the same system on my Cube Sting, there are a few wheelsets using the X12 system so you should be able to find one to suit your needs. I know DT Swiss are using X12 as are Sun Ringle, but DT wipe the floor with the Ringle stuff
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Ok cheers Andy. Doesn't look like Nukeproof are catering for the X12 set up just yet then?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    You can convert some 135mm hubs to X12 as the X12 is based on a 135mm spacing with different end caps on the hub

I think there's a list on Syntace's website of hubs that you can convert, dunno how up to date it is though
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • That makes sense now fella; thanks again
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Just received my CRC carry case. Very impressed, thick side walls and more pockets than you could shake your dog at. It looks small in the pic, it's actually massive. CRC reviews says people have fitted two bikes in there :shock: not sure I'll be doing that but will be spot on for the Alps in 2013 and the Mega in 14'. And for £47; a bargain..

crccarrycase.jpg

Separately, I've got an Y Mynydd uplift day booked for Friday :D (sorry Ben :( ) so should see if my X12 holds together after being fettled by The Bicycle Doctor (Porth).. Do I run my Schwalbes? hmmm
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Those bags are good, and yes 2 bikes is possible, but it's a push, and it gets heavy :lol:
  • I can imagine, wouldn't ideally want two bikes knocking together in there. But yea it's a big old thing!

Oh well think I'll just stick it in the attic for the next 18 months :roll: :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Did you buy the body armour in the end?
  • Not out until November :evil: could have got Brand-x stuff for like £50 but would rather wait until I can get the ...... you guessed it, NUKEPROOF armour jacket. What a fanboi
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i'd rather get one of those nukeproofs or a decent 661 anyway.
  • Yea me too. I'm just concious that I'll be doing uplift days with no upper body armour until the jacket from NP comes out.

the 661 stuff is noce but... I've never been a fan, can't explain why. It's just the PS3 vs Xbox thing I think, some are one some are the other..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Squarepants
    edited September 2011
    Double post
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Squarepants
    edited September 2011
    triple post
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • So sure that you posted it 3 times! haha!
  • not once, not twice but thrice! Wonder why it did that :?

With riding tomorrow I realised I've got no shorts to wear, the others ripped to biscuits last time and are unfixable.

Just been to some outdoor pursuits shop and bought the most generic awful walking shorts that I could find for £9.99. Going look like a rambler tomorrow :?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Great looking bike mate, very envious!!!
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • Cheers bro, you wouldn't be envious of my bank balance now I've got it :lol:

Some sh1te photos from today. Was there on my own so got no actions shots..

upliftday2309112.jpg

Kenny loading the bikes on to the shuttle rig

upliftday2309111.jpg

and forgot about this one from a while ago

DH4-1.jpg
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Squarepants
    Awesome day at Cwmcarn Y Mynydd DH today. Big thanks to Darrell for driving the uplift. Got 11 runs in which was perfect and only one off, which Ben got on camera hopefully :lol: Few boys went down hard and we had a broken wrist and another retirement after a big spill by the bridge at the bottom. Hopefully Ben will have the vids up soon.

Bunch of photos from the day. Thanks to Ben, Daz, Ian, Richie and all the other boys for a great days riding

Loads of whoring pics

315938_10150418830208338_780483337_10438155_1585019397_n.jpg

315561_10150418833993338_780483337_10438196_1719171886_n.jpg

304170_10150418833828338_780483337_10438194_186368688_n.jpg

296269_10150418830083338_780483337_10438152_542510385_n.jpg

296690_10150418833298338_780483337_10438189_2105763951_n.jpg

294504_10150418829678338_780483337_10438147_1403306813_n.jpg

298054_10150418833403338_780483337_10438190_272726126_n.jpg

Cheers to Kel for taking the photos
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Well was up Cwmcarn yesterday for the first proper ride. First impressions are good, I was surprised at how well it pedals.

One thing that struck me is how high the BB is compared to the GT. I was constantly smashing the crank arms in to the scenery on the GT, on the Hanzz I can keep pedalling and roll over the top of rocks etc, hasn't stopped me heli taping the tip of the cranks arms though :lol: :roll:

The Schwalbes are superb, massive, and confidence inspiring. I have however swapped them out for maxxpro HR 2.5 F + R to decrease RR. Ironically the 2.5 HR's look tiny on the Hanzz frame, those Schwalbes are suming else :shock:

I was a little dissapointed (in myself only) that I'm still landing front wheel heavy on table tops, a FR bike doesn't make a FR rider of course - I'll try to improve and get some more confidence in the air.

I got around CC yesterday in 1 hour 23. Not bad for the big old barge. I did cheat and go up the road to the crossing however, big bike + first ride in a month + in a rush (3 excuses - not bad :D)

0102.jpg

0112.jpg

0122.jpg

0142.jpg

Nice bike. I'm thinking buying one for me. How do feel climbing off-road with him. Is it possible, or it's just for descends?