How did you meet your other half?

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Met in Japan, weird story, I had put an ad in a free paper, basically saying "British boy needs a shag" and got in contact through that, but in the meantime we also met through friends..... Anyway that was in 1997 and we're still together...

:lol:

Now, did you put that in Japanese or English or both?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • samivel
    samivel Posts: 81
    Married in 2002, Met in (you'll like this is you know the place) the Venue in New Cross in 2000.

Now have 3 boys
    Samivel

Black Allez, FCN 5, will always try to say hello.
    Normal commute - Eltham, Greenwich, London Bridge
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    Hmm, some nicely offensive comments there guys.....

I'm far happier than any of my friends who are in relationships, so I don't see what the problem is.

As for my age, I'm in my 30s.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    squired wrote:

I'm far happier than any of my friends who are in relationships, so I don't see what the problem is.

In no way a problem as far as I'm concerned! Unusual but not a problem. As you were....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Headhuunter
    cjcp wrote:
    Met in Japan, weird story, I had put an ad in a free paper, basically saying "British boy needs a shag" and got in contact through that, but in the meantime we also met through friends..... Anyway that was in 1997 and we're still together...

Hehe... In English. It was a free paper for English speaking ex pats called Kansai Flea Market, it was mainly for people to sell their furniture once they were leaving Japan to head home, but it also had a "personals" section, so I sold myself...
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Lost weekend gig (NIN were supposed to headline) in 2000

Coming up to 11 years now

Living together and have been for ages

No kids as yet, been too busy enjoying ourselves
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    cjcp wrote:

Hehe... In English. It was a free paper for English speaking ex pats called Kansai Flea Market, it was mainly for people to sell their furniture once they were leaving Japan to head home, but it also had a "personals" section, so I sold myself...

:lol: Not in the "Antiques" section, I assume.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Drysuitdiver
    Drysuitdiver Posts: 474

So, are you in a relationship? Yup

How long have you been together? 12.5 years

How did you meet? In the Tivoli Night club in North Wales

Married (How long) / Kids? 11 years this year and 2 live kids and 1 in the clouds
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    I'm hoping they have a tandem.

Funniest post ever
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    I'm hoping they have a tandem.

I think this is how hey travel to work...

erniewisetribute.jpg.display.jpg
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Been with the misses for 15 years..married for 10 this August and have 2 kids. Met through friends and we both had long term partners at the time.
  • CyclingBantam
    I met the Mrs through work (Pathetic, I know).

Been together 7 years in August, lived together for the last 4 years. No little ones yet.

No current plans with marraige. She wants to, I don't. I just don't see a good reason to marry.

:D
  • thelawnet wrote:
    Actually met my missus whilst dogging in Wisley car park, she and her mate where filthy and decided to give it a go and afterwards we pretty much spent everyday together.

Have never been back to Wisley (other than for a ride) since, we both agreed that we didn't want to live that sort of life and we were young and stupid to have gone their in the first place. But we would never have met if it wasn't for UKdogginghotspots.com

Firstly, 'website not found'.

Secondly, which car park is that? The one just opposite the gardens, or one off the A3 or what?

Website has since been removed, was rather sordid to be honest.

The slip road from the 25 Southbound off the A3 by Ockham cafe, turn left so lake is on the right. The car park on the left is (or was) a dogging hotspot.
    I wish I was Kenny "F@#king" Powers
  • Clare_M
    Clare_M Posts: 68
    Met him on Yahoo Chat nearly 11 years ago :shock:

He wasn't a weirdo, so we clicked and met up. Moved in 2 years later, got engaged a few years later more and got married nearly 4 years ago. I love him sooo much!

I have a daughter from a previous relationship who is 12. I am 39 :)
    I was a fatty, then I took up cycling and can now eat cake guilt free!

"Triples are for girls" My Husband, 2010. (Evidently not for this girl though!)
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    you guys have given squired an unneccessarily hard time. he was just being honest and didnt take the p1ss out of anyone else's circumstances.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Lost weekend gig (NIN were supposed to headline) in 2000

Coming up to 11 years now

Living together and have been for ages

No kids as yet, been too busy enjoying ourselves

Definitely wasn't a lost weekend for you! Remember it well for somewhat more prosaic reasons...train up to the smoke, over to Docklands, find out NIN had cancelled, queue up for refund, home.....!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited May 2011
    squired wrote:

I'm sorry.

It is a little unusual to read that a grown man enjoys spending more time with his twin brother than he does getting puss... spending time with a women. Perhaps because we (I) found it unusual it bought out an immature reaction at your expense.

If any offense was caused then I apologise.

I have a brother too and enjoy spending a lot of my time with him. In fact your honesty was quite touching.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    I met the now Mrs on a national express coach. She offered me a pickled onion crisp, the rest is history.
  • CyclingBantam
    squired wrote:

Apologies if you have taken offence, it certainly wasn't intended that way, more a gentle teasing but sorry if you didn't see it like that.

You are in a good position if you are happier than your friends. The only reason I am in a relationship is because it makes me happy. I am always astounded when people are in ones that don't make them happy. What's the point?!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    The only reason I am in a relationship is because it makes me happy. I am always astounded when people are in ones that don't make them happy. What's the point?!

LargeBeaverPhoto.jpg

Obviously..... :roll:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    squired wrote:

Seems to be taking this quite well and has as yet not yet thrown his (or his brothers) toys out of their two seater pram . . . .

Perhaps it's the Oestrogen swilling around this "love in" thread that's making you all go wobbly . . . .

Dogging and mail order Jap brides apart (bravo) isn't Mumsnet the place for this kind of filth?
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • CyclingBantam
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    The only reason I am in a relationship is because it makes me happy. I am always astounded when people are in ones that don't make them happy. What's the point?!

LargeBeaverPhoto.jpg

Obviously..... :roll:

Nah...

They don't have pets...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,776
    Met the EPO at work, pestered her until she agreed to being seen out with me in public. Been married for nearly 16years now. Proposed in a beautiful hill top village in Tuscany, whils drunk as a lord. We don't know if I got on one knee or fell on one knee. Exact words of the proposal were "Oh sh1t I spilt the wine will you marry me?" No pause for breath or punctuation as we recall. I had to ask again with a clearish head in the morning as she wasn't sure if I meant it.
    2 kids, 12 year old boy and 9 year old girl.
    We're going back to the same area of Tuscany for our holiday this year, can't wait.
  • Headhuunter
    cjcp wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

:lol: Not in the "Antiques" section, I assume.

No this was back in the days when I wasn't an antique! :)
  • simonc2806
    simonc2806 Posts: 31
    i met my wife on a dating site back when it was very uncool. arranged to met in the pub only thing was she was outside i was inside. Had another try and have been married 7 years this month. No kids except the dog he's like a big baby.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,123
    At school! 22 years ago! Married 10 years with 2 boys aged 6 & 4

Happy, though I would like to get out on my bike more :)
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Met in December 2009, started going out with him in March 2010. Met when I joined a local section of the RN cycle club. Joined him and his merry band and went cycling in the Dartmouth area on my days off. He had not long been divorced, so a relationship wasn't planned to be on the cards but we got on well even with the mutual mickey taking. Been living with him since January this year. As for kids...he needs to get a shuffle on in that department :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,123
    NGale wrote:
    Met in December 2009, started going out with him in March 2010. Met when I joined a local section of the RN cycle club. Joined him and his merry band and went cycling in the Dartmouth area on my days off. He had not long been divorced, so a relationship wasn't planned to be on the cards but we got on well even with the mutual mickey taking. Been living with him since January this year. As for kids...he needs to get a shuffle on in that department :lol:

Don't you mean stop shuffling on his own!
  • SmellTheGlove
    SmellTheGlove Posts: 697
    Met my adorable missus in Kings Cross.
    She is so far out of my league I cannot believe we're still together after 22 years. Not married. Our 7yo daughter teaches us honesty.
    Mrs TheGlove would like a Danish-wonderland to cycle in. Daughter is happy with local parks, streets and trails (still talks about her Gary Fisher that was stolen last year, the poor moppet).

The Wisley car park dog-fest obviously wins tonight's star prize :)
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Is nothing private anymore ...?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.