How did you meet your other half?

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
Get to know you time with DDD.

So, are you in a relationship?

How long have you been together?

How did you meet?

If you are not in a relationship is this a life choice and why?

Married (How long) / Divorced / Kids?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    edited May 2011
    Married for ten years.

In a pub in Stevenage old town..........ooooh so many years ago!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Married

Errr 7 years

Pi$$ed in a nightclub called Madame Jojo's in soho

4 years married, kids aplenty!
  • Met Mrs. Elephant at a party when I was 17 and she was 15. Been together ever since; more than half my life so far.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    @DDD - Do you ever actually do any work at all?
  • DonDaddyD
    edited May 2011
    In a relationship

Err 3 years and change.

Properly leathered horny and bitter, traffic light party near Trafalgar Square on Valentines day.

Married one day. Kids? touch wood.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    edited May 2011
    Met 1st year lectures > got together in freshers' week of year 2.

3 and half years now.

Live together. (we're both only 23!)
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    The Fridge nightclub, Brixton. Almost 10 years to the day!

Married almost 8 year to the day.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I met her in a pub. Our eyes met, there was a pause, then she said "I thought you were at home looking after the kids. Hop it quick."

Met her through work, she was with a colleague at the time but obviously recognised a bit of quality when she saw it. Still ended up with me though. That'd be about 14 years ago - married 11 years now, 2 sprogs to kick a football at and ride bikes with.
  • CiB
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Kids? touch wood.
    Hate to break it to you DDD but touching wood won't work.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Met in 1999, married in 2004, nipper 1 in 2008, nipper 2 in August. Can't wait!

We did things differently, moved in together before we'd met. Its all worked brilliantly!
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    Sketchley wrote:

Fridays or Saturdays? :twisted:

used to go to Return to the Source there. Happy days . . . :D

Me: Engaged (two weeks)
    Met: in the pub last year . . .
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I first met my now-wife about 23 years ago, when she was going out with a friend of mine. Bumped into her in town with her mother; her mother said she should dump my friend and go out with me instead. :D A couple of years later I moved in to a flat about 100metres from her house, and so got to know her better (she'd split up with my friend by then, but was seeing someone else). Anyway, eventually we started going out. Then we split up. Then she started seeing someone else. Then I asked her to marry me, while she was still seeing the someone else. Then she said yes and dumped the other guy.

So we've known each other for about 23 years, been together (on and off) for about 15 years, and been married for 13 years; it'll be 14 on Christmas Eve. =) 2 kids, girl 12 and boy 8. Huzzah!
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    HamishD wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:

Fridays or Saturdays? :twisted:

used to go to Return to the Source there. Happy days . . . :D

It was a Saturday. Superfish! if I remember correctly.

Return to the Source = Memories too.

I was a bit involved in the scene back then, these days it's just a pair of 1210 at home and the occasional night out once or twice a year. Somewhere along the way I got old, I keep trying to stop being too old for it but I just can't keep up any more!
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    Worked in the same office for a while. But didn't start going out until I bumped into her on a night out. Got engaged after 6 weeks.

Been married for 13 years.

No kids, neither of us want them (this was part of the attraction)
  • Robstar24
    Robstar24 Posts: 173
    met at uni, standard.

together 6 years

been married for 5 months

1 wee nipper who is 11 months old
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    @DDD - Do you ever actually do any work at all?

:roll: Do you have to ask?
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    been with my Mrs for 10 years now, met at college...just wish i would have been off that day i could have saved a fortune!!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    met when i started a job at a sales office in 1998.

started going out within a couple of months.

13 years later....not married, not really inclined, and no kids.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Met in Brixton 6 years ago. Getting married later this year. Got one kid.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Almost divorced now, but my soon to be ex- was the younger sister of my mate's (then) girlfriend.

We used to go out drinking as a group and one night I realised I just fancied the hell out of her - she was feeling really down about a lot of things and wouldn't stop dragging herself down, so to shut her up I kissed her :D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Met my current wife about 25 years ago at a party held by g/f at the time. Turned out I was ex but didn't know it and she was down from Nottingham staying in g/f's flat whilst she was away. Neither of us new anyone else at the party so ended up talking to each other. Asked her out for a meal but apparently g/f (now ex) told her to avoid me! However, persistence paid off and we got it together a couple of years later, she moved in with me '93, married 97, sprog 99 and separated 2008. Must sort out the divorce....

Current g/f I met almost exactly 1 year ago, found her on match.com or did she find me? Can't recall. We've been together virtually ever since :) No plans for further sprogs (she has one too) but I don't think that either of us would have a problem if it happened.
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    Met my wife through an online dating site pretty much exactly 3 years ago.

She's from Brazil, and at the time was living & working illegally in London after over-staying her Visa... by 3 years as it turned out. :shock:

Married in January 2010. She's now in the UK legally. :D
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    I knew my wife from a usenet (sort of old forum ish) who used to meet up once a year in London, around a trade show. One year i didn't have somewhere to stay so she put me up for a few days and one night watching a film we snogged and that was that.

Fast forward more years than I care to remember and I'm married and moved to London!
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Almost divorced now, but my soon to be ex- was the younger sister of my mate's (then) girlfriend.

We used to go out drinking as a group and one night I realised I just fancied the hell out of her - she was feeling really down about a lot of things and wouldn't stop dragging herself down, so to shut her up I kissed her :D

Hmm.

How did that help?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Greg66 wrote:

Hmm.

How did that help?

Well - it shut her up. That's always a bonus. :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Actually met my missus whilst dogging in Wisley car park, she and her mate where filthy and decided to give it a go and afterwards we pretty much spent everyday together.

Have never been back to Wisley (other than for a ride) since, we both agreed that we didn't want to live that sort of life and we were young and stupid to have gone their in the first place. But we would never have met if it wasn't for UKdogginghotspots.com

That was 18 months ago

Not yet married but I am saving for a ring, going to pop the question in Wisley car park for a bit of comedy value.

I did meet my ex when Rex from big brother fame gave his missus a slap and I stood up for her so he gave me a pasting, that missus was my florence nightingale for the evening, shame she ended up being a cheating w h o r e b a g
    I wish I was Kenny "F@#king" Powers
  • CiB
    Actually met my missus whilst dogging in Wisley car park, she and her mate where filthy and decided to give it a go and afterwards we pretty much spent everyday together.
    Superb. :shock: though.
  • DonDaddyD
    There are a couple (maybe three) that deserve the :shock: response.

Wasn't expecting that though...
    Food Chain number = 4

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Pufftmw wrote:
    We've been together virtually ever since :)

You realise the aim is to meet in person too?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • bdave262000
    bdave262000 Posts: 270
    Actually met my missus whilst dogging in Wisley car park, she and her mate where filthy and decided to give it a go and afterwards we pretty much spent everyday together.

Ahh nothing like a bit of romance to get the juices flowing (literally)
    Fat lads take longer to stop.