New to MTB, Manchester

124»

Comments

• toastedone
    toastedone Posts: 838
    robbie87 wrote:
    Fill me in lads, quite curious! How'd it go? God awful weather all day whilst in work :(

Was really good, im not the fittest so the up hill was a bit of a struggle, I went along expecting there to be 4 of us but it ending up with 6, it was my first real ride tbh but the guys that were there were really good, patient and help with some advice. We done about 15 miles, in the wind and rain, some on road and plenty of off.
  • toastedone
    toastedone Posts: 838
    Here is the ride data for anyone who is interested

Ride Data!
  • was good to meet everyone today shame the weather turned crappy at the end
  • bellys
    bellys Posts: 456
    had a good ride today glad some lads from my local club turned up and it was nice to meet every body and hope you enjoyed it
  • Liam1611
    Liam1611 Posts: 191
    Thanks a lot to Chris and his guys from the club without there help today I would have be taking a walk home, much appreciated and hope to see you all again.

Regards

Liam
  • robbie87
    robbie87 Posts: 26
    Picked the bike up this morning, chuffed with it! Anybody out riding any stage this weekend?
  • Liam1611
    Liam1611 Posts: 191
    Hi Robbie,

Check your PM.

Regards

Liam
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 2
    gutted I've missed out on this,

bought my bike a couple of months too late. If anyone is going out riding again anytime soon, please give me a shout, because I would really like to come along.
  • After a dunken night out i foolishly decided to put my name to a coast to coast bike ride (mainly trails and the like from Newhaven to Sunderland).

Thought i should pull out the old 2006 Kona Fire Mountain that i have and start getting fit. And on the whole i'm really enjoying myself.

The bike i have is a 17 inch frame, as i'm 6 ft and 16 stone would it be worth me getting something bigger, a 20 inch frame maybe? I've had a Cube Acid recommended to me as well as a Boardman Pro, both for around £700, though possibly cheaper on Ebay.

On the other hand i would be willing to invest in buying some kit for the Kona, its good to ride, comfortable, though the shocks are completely knackered (no adjustment and regularly bottom out) and the gears can tend to have a life of their own at times.

Advice anyone? If i was to buy new, or secondhand, i'd have a budget of between £600 an £700......

Cheers in advance.