New to MTB, Manchester

Comments

• toastedone
    toastedone Posts: 838

Thanks a nice and easy job, and the sideburns are HUGE!!
  • Liam1611
    Liam1611 Posts: 191
    I'll meet you guys at Reddish Vale Visitor Centre and will be there at 11.30, anyone else coming along apart from us 4?

Regards

Liam
  • toastedone
    So far I think it is you, Visceralspyker, bellys and myself.
  • robbie87
    robbie87 Posts: 26
    Argh! Picking the new bike up on Wednesday afternoon, will definitely be up for some riding next weekend!!
  • bellys
    bellys Posts: 456
    right people i will be a morrisons reddish at the recycling bins and ready to ride for 11.30
    and then in to reddish vale visitors center for 11.35....
    how will you know its me and not some random bloke on a bike.
    i will be on a boardman HT and im fat... :roll: ok not that fat..please check this post sat night or before you set off in case of any changes.
    Right one last thing make sure your bike is in good order tyres are pumped up and bring spare tubes a pump and some thing to drink...the ride should be done under 3hrs even with stops as we will be taking it easy if you want a beer or soft drink at the half way point bring money....

see you there
    Chris 8)
  • Liam1611
    No worries, see you at the Vale on Sun morning.

Regards

Liam
  • toastedone
    I will be at Morrisons at 11.30, again so you know im not a random I will be the skinny guy on the rockhopper.
  • I will be there sun morn at the vale.
    Will be on the old CBR with the funny beard thing on my face :D
  • toastedone
    I look forward to meeting the 3 of you, should make for a fun day. I just rode home from work in the torrential rain and loved it
  • Slight update I will be the one on the CBR with the beardy thiing on his face!
    Will be two of us prob covered in todays mud still :lol:
    Sounds like a good day will be had am looking forward to meeting you guys and adding to the mud already collected today!
  • For a little inspiration and maybe motivation for the summer ahead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3nkzjAC ... re=related

Shot at whistler but awesome none the less!
  • Liam1611
    Still sore from this morning after splashing out a couple of times, so I don't think I can make it tomorrow and will be nursing my wounds (joke) see you all tomorrow so we can hit those trails.

Regards

Liam
  • toastedone
    Liam1611 wrote:
    Still sore from this morning after splashing out a couple of times, so I don't think I can make it tomorrow and will be nursing my wounds (joke) see you all tomorrow so we can hit those trails.

Regards

Liam

Lol, I read the first bit and believed you, I have just got back from the vale after doing 7 miles in the wind and mud, got home washed my bike down just before the rain started.
  • Liam1611
    Cleaning your bike, it's only going to get dirty again,especially if this rain keeps coming down, and if your up for it we can go out next weekend and maybe end up here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miNmx04T ... re=related
    and grab some air which is pretty scary the first time you do it. Thanks to specialeyes for that one, who would have thought there was something like that tucked away in Tameside.
    There's still time for anybody else to come along tomorrow.

Regards

Liam
  • specialeyes
    specialeyes Posts: 542
    Liam1611 wrote:
    Cleaning your bike, it's only going to get dirty again,especially if this rain keeps coming down, and if your up for it we can go out next weekend and maybe end up here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miNmx04T ... re=related
    and grab some air which is pretty scary the first time you do it. Thanks to specialeyes for that one, who would have thought there was something like that tucked away in Tameside.
    There's still time for anybody else to come along tomorrow.

Regards

Liam

Looks like an old video. It's a bit gnarlier now, probably due to not being maintained. I go there regularly and have never seen anyone else there. Literally takes 30 seconds or less to come down it but you just push back up and hit it again :lol: you can also branch off from here and head up to hearts head pike which is a good climb.
  • toastedone
    How far is it from reddish? and is my bike suitable for jumps like that? :s
  • bellys
    bellys Posts: 456
    right people i will see you tomorrow Morrisons RTR for 11:30 and visitors center RTR 11:35.

lets hope it stays dry.

chris.
  • Its good fun but deffo needs some maintenance half a day with a shovel would prob do the worst bits.

Pretty much most bikes will survive it if your careful just roll down till you get used to the berms and switch backs is the best way them see how you feel. This kinda thing isn't for everyone and jumping takes a while to get used to. I rode BMX for 15 years but still getting used to jumping a MTB 2 or so years in,.

i been pretty luck as got to ride here a lot when started riding a MTB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7oB-o-j2m4
  • toastedone
    Will be there at 11.30 :lol:
  • toastedone
    Its good fun but deffo needs some maintenance half a day with a shovel would prob do the worst bits.

Pretty much most bikes will survive it if your careful just roll down till you get used to the berms and switch backs is the best way them see how you feel. This kinda thing isn't for everyone and jumping takes a while to get used to. I rode BMX for 15 years but still getting used to jumping a MTB 2 or so years in,.

is that RAF Chicksands?
  • Liam1611
    toastedone wrote:
    How far is it from reddish? and is my bike suitable for jumps like that? :s

It's just off Park Bridge Road in Bardsley Oldham and about 6-7 miles from Reddish, most of it is Road :( and your bike should be able to handle it quite easily, just take it easy and roll down until you gain the confidence and skills to get air, might take a few weeks until things start coming together.

Regards

Liam
  • toastedone wrote:
    Its good fun but deffo needs some maintenance half a day with a shovel would prob do the worst bits.

is that RAF Chicksands?

Its actually a place called Shefford in forestry commision think its known as Rowny Warren or something like that Deffo worth a visit if your down south only a fiver to ride all day too.
  • toastedone
    toastedone wrote:

is that RAF Chicksands?

Its actually a place called Shefford in forestry commision think its known as Rowny Warren or something like that Deffo worth a visit if your down south only a fiver to ride all day too.

I know Beds/Bucks very very well.
  • Its a really good place its where i was first introduced into the world of free ride MTB.
    Maybe a road trip down there is a possible?
    I am sure I could get some of my riding mates from down there to come along for the day.
    check out the website
    http://www.chicksandsbikepark.co.uk/
    think short of Fort william and the place in wales I can never remember the name of :D its the only bike parks in britain
  • toastedone
    My parents live about 15 miles from chciksands
  • toastedone
    What time are you guys leaving this morning? If your leaving a little early your welcome to meet at mine for a brew before we set off.
  • Am leaving eary-ish but intend to have a bit of fun down to the vale will be there for half 11
  • toastedone
    Cool, see you then
  • toastedone
    Well we just got back, I had a great time, I guess that was my first Real ride, so i just want to say thanks to the other 5 that turned up and thanks to bellys for leading us.
  • robbie87
    robbie87 Posts: 26
    Fill me in lads, quite curious! How'd it go? God awful weather all day whilst in work :(