The Oxo Tower

124»

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    *some semantics*

However, what you are doing is taking one little reference I made about my small group of friends and assuming that I'm talking about the general population. I'm not. So I don't see how I'm being naive.

Sounded like a generalisation to me, and I wasn't correcting you, just saying that there might be a bigger picture that you're missing. Anyway, like I said, this is a pretty silly conversation!

The "naive" comment really pissed you off didn't it? :P
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Well I was talking specifically in relation to my group of friends, not making a broad generalisation of an entire social class... however I'd much rather a Kat Slater (complete with the dirty laugh) in the bedroom for hanky panky than Hyacinth Bucket....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • notsoblue
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Well I was talking specifically in relation to my group of friends, not making a broad generalisation of an entire social class... however I'd much rather a Kat Slater (complete with the dirty laugh) in the bedroom for hanky panky than Hyacinth Bucket....

What about a Kate Middleton vs a Patch Butcher?
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    notsoblue wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I remember hearing that the actress who plays Pat Butcher bats for the other side, so, in keeping with the lesbian theme, how about Pat Butcher Vs Claire Balding?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,154
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I remember hearing that the actress who plays Pat Butcher bats for the other side, so, in keeping with the lesbian theme, how about Pat Butcher Vs Claire Balding?
    Wish I hadn't read that now - I am having problems erasing the mental images :shock:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • notsoblue
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I heard her partner was Moira Stewart?

Actually, this is quite apropos...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2011/ ... -live-blog
    http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 104153724/

I think its hilarious that a Soho pub felt the need to ask a gay couple to stop snogging...
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    There are few things hotter than seeing two girls kissing. I do't have to be immediately attracted to them. They're girls, they're kissing, I will be.

As for Pat Butcher vs Kate Middleton. (Assuming Pat was straight)

There's a reason she used to be on the game.... :wink:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,391
    Who'd have thought this thread could go downhill?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    rjsterry wrote:
    Who'd have thought this thread could go downhill?

we seem to have had enough of uphill (gardening)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,391
    :lol:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    I've been nagging the Mrs to go since we first got together, but she won't let me anywhere near it. Says it's for one thing, and one thing only! :shock:
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    crazy88 wrote:
    I've been nagging the Mrs to go since we first got together, but she won't let me anywhere near it. Says it's for one thing, and one thing only! :shock:

well, that's a bit sh*t.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    I've been up there once, couldn't understand what all the fuss was about.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    So what is it - a sort of London equivalent of Harry Ramsdens?......
    Faster than a tent.......