Paris Roubaix *spoiler*

Comments

• emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Geeze... Harmon is a bit of a Hushovd fanboy
    www.dotcycling.com
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    These guys would be dead in the water without Fabian. No way Thor could ride up to that group
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Ok ok I hope this THOR, supposed WC is not going to suck his wheel all day. Make a move big boy, ride like a champion

The smart tactics would be for Thor to suck his wheel and destroy him in a sprint. Cancellera can either put up with it, or try and get away.
  • frenchfighter
    Ok ok I hope this THOR, supposed WC is not going to suck his wheel all day. Make a move big boy, ride like a champion

The smart tactics would be for Thor to suck his wheel and destroy him in a sprint. Cancellera can either put up with it, or try and get away.

Don't bother trying to understand. There are wins and there are wins. There are riders and there are riders. There are legends and there are legends. There are memories and there are memories.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Ok ok I hope this THOR, supposed WC is not going to suck his wheel all day. Make a move big boy, ride like a champion

+1 I think he is trying to get away he Thor is just having non of it.
    ITS BY DOING WHAT EVER, THAT YOU BECOME WHOEVER!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Chapeau Guesdon. Can't be easy to ride like that when you're 61 years old.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Cancellara can't drop Thor 8)

Can he close the gap on the lead group?

Gap's coming down quite quickly now.

25"
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    edited April 2011
    Don't bother trying to understand. There are wins and there are wins. There are riders and there are riders. There are legends and there are legends. There are memories and there are memories.

Don't patronise me. I know exactly what you meant. If your man is such a champion then he won't have any problems will he?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    Hang on is this the R.v.V thread?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • afx237vi

There are classic FF quotes and there are classic FF quotes :lol:
  • tailwindhome

Thor should do the right thing....go off route and find a couple of mountain passes

Show some style....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • emadden
    All we need now is for the Chin's Trekky to break ... :lol::lol:
    www.dotcycling.com

• Don't bother trying to understand. There are wins and there are wins. There are riders and there are riders. There are legends and there are legends. There are memories and there are memories.

Good grief man! Go and actually ride a bike in a race and then maybe you'll understand.
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    A professional cyclists job is to win races, and that means riding to your strengths not taking stupid risks. Fabian is most likely to win by riding everyone off his wheel, Hushovd is more likely to win from a small group. He'd be an idiot to attack with 30km to go, fail and finish 20th.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Chavanel is going to catch up and win. I can feel it.
  • frenchfighter
    2009_paris-roubaix_tom_boonen_thor_hushovd_crashes.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Chinny can't be arsed now. Lazy sod.
  • afx237vi
    Hee hee, Fab having a tantrum.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Jesus, they are playing silly buggers!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • emadden
    I think the ol' airplane ride may be coming to an end
    www.dotcycling.com
  • hang on whast happening! Cancellara p**** off ride or retire
    ITS BY DOING WHAT EVER, THAT YOU BECOME WHOEVER!
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Chinny can't be arsed now. Lazy sod.

Batteries run out. Back to the team car for some more.
  • Anonymous
    Funny how Ballan and Thor aren't arsed now Chinny given up!
  • emadden
    thats it lads.. soft tap at 32kmph but dont ride with the Chin
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    What have I missed? An absolute corker of a race.
    (bitterly)Next year, we'll be on holiday for the P-R Sunday.
    Just me, the cat and Eurosport.

So..........St Jude's done diddly squat for my man (thanks for the link though)- so I'm putting my mayo'ed chips behind the God of Thunder-

GO THOR GO
  • Anonymous
    This is playing in to Chavanel's hands.
  • frenchfighter
    So this is what happens. Cancellara stops riding. THOR doesn't win, why, because he can't close the gap by himself. Great stuff for him :roll:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    40"
  • afx237vi
    Flecha's back on now... but the lead group is getting very dangerous now,
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    I think Fabu might be learning how to become a racer. Kelly used to say that in order to win, you must be prepared to lose. Cancellara didn't get the memo in Flanders. Now he understands.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'