Dalgleish - Make it stop! ****CONTAINS SCOUSERS*******

124»

Comments

• Mattsaw wrote:
    beverick wrote:
    He was never perceived as beng the right man for the job either by the fans (who wanted Dalglish from day one) or the media.
    It was the media who got him the job in the first place.

Exactly, never has a manger been so protected by the media. Hodgson has always been a media darling, they couldn't turn on him as they would have made complete fools of themselves.

They constantly trotted out excuses about it being Benitezs fault for leaving them with a poor squad, or the payers fault. It was never his fault for using crap tactics and playing people out of position.

In f*cking 1!
    A bit of sense being spoken at last.
  • When you're either in jail punching birds or on bail Andy Carroll la la la la la la la
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    philthy3 wrote:
    For such an ardent Chelsea fan, it surprises me you hadn't realised Chavski is what every other teams supporters refer to you as. Yids, Scummers, Manure, Manc Shitty etc etc we're all out there with our very own personal term of endearment.

Oh I am well aware of all the terms of endearment other people have for us. Just wish other people would make their minds up on which one it is. Anyway the names do not bother me in the slightest really but saying we have no history. :evil: I'm pretty sure we won a European trophy before some teams. Or does that not count as part of our history. Ah well be a dull world if we all liked the same bikes, teams etc....feel so much calmer today.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I must have missed the post where it said you had no history as I never posted it? I was brought up in the days of Hutchison, Osgood, Bonetti, Hollins etc.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    if you want a battling gritty performance when the chips are down then he's not the man.

did he not keep Fulham up?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • cornerblock
    philthy3 wrote:
    I must have missed the post where it said you had no history as I never posted it? I was brought up in the days of Hutchison, Osgood, Bonetti, Hollins etc.

You are right, you said no such thing regarding history, so sorry for giving the impression that you did. Think I just saw the word Chavski and went off on one!! Probably still grumpy from Sunday's non-performance I think. Some great players you named there, was brought in the same era too. Osgood in the playground me! Ah happy days.
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    philthy3 wrote:

You are right, you said no such thing regarding history, so sorry for giving the impression that you did. Think I just saw the word Chavski and went off on one!! Probably still grumpy from Sunday's non-performance I think. Some great players you named there, was brought in the same era too. Osgood in the playground me! Ah happy days.

As a Chelsea fan, what do you make if the new FFP rules coming in, starting to be phased in from next season I think?

I read a really interesting post on it here - http://andersred.blogspot.com/2011/02/c ... l?spref=tw
    On these estimates, Chelsea have a £50m+ deficit on the UEFA calculation and that is before Torres, Luiz etc (offset by losing Ballack, Cole, Deco etc). "Challenging" would be the word that comes to mind when wondering whether Chelsea can comply with FFP.

More on the FFP rules here - http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slu ... rs_factbox
    Clubs will instead have to live within their means by ensuring that their expenditure is not more than the revenue they generate through their activities—the “break-even rule”.

I can see quite a few clubs being in trouble from this, not least Man City
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Are you a red manc by any chance????

Do one will you. 4 wins is 4 wins and no goals conceded.

King Kenny is going great guns.

OH YEA FERNANDO THAT IS ONE MASSIVE F*CKING STEP UP YOU MADE. :roll:

When was the last time Liverpool won the league?

When was the last time Chelsea won the leage? Oh, wait...

Liverpool Honours:

League Champions

1900-01, 1905-06, 1921-22, 1922-23, 1946-47, 1963-64, 1965-66, 1972-73, 1975-76, 1976-77, 1978-79, 1979-80, 1981-82, 1982-83, 1983-84, 1985-86, 1987-88, 1989-90

European Cup Winners

1976-77, 1977-78, 1980-81, 1983-84, 2004-05

FA Cup Winners

1964-65, 1973-74, 1985-86, 1988-89, 1991-92, 2000-01, 2005-06

League Cup Winners

1980-81, 1981-82, 1982-83, 1983-84, 1994-95, 2000-01, 2002-03

UEFA Cup Winners

1972-73, 1975-76, 2000-01

European Super Cup Winners

1977, 2001, 2005

Super Cup Winners

1985-86

FA Charity Shield Winners

1964*, 1965*, 1966, 1974, 1976, 1977*, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986*, 1988, 1989, 1990*, 2001, 2006 ( * shared)

Chelsea Honours:

*First Division/Premier League[73]
    Winners: 1954–55, 2004–05, 2005–06, 2009–10

* FA Cup
    o Winners: 1969–70, 1996–97, 1999–00, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10

* Football League Cup
    o Winners: 1964–65, 1997–98, 2004–05, 2006–07

* FA Charity Shield/FA Community Shield[74]
    o Winners: 1955, 2000, 2005, 2009

Full Members Cup
    o Winners: 1985–86, 1989–90

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup
    o Winners: 1970–71, 1997–98

* UEFA Super Cup
    o Winners: 1998

Rick do me a favour Chelsea will never have the class or heritage of Liverpool
  • tailwindhome
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Rick do me a favour Chelsea will never have the class or heritage of Liverpool

To be fair to Torres he wouldn't remember when Liverpool were a great team.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    Wikipedia wrote:
    On 10 August 1977, after 269 appearances and 167 goals, an average of a goal every 1.6 games, for the Hoops, Dalglish moved to Bob Paisley's Liverpool for a British record £440,000 transfer fee. He was bought as a replacement for Kevin Keegan who had left the club to play for Hamburg.

His departure was a huge blow for Celtic and was extremely unpopular with the fans. It also highlighted the widening financial gap between Scottish and English clubs. When Dalglish returned in August 1978 to play in Stein's testimonial, he was greeted as a traitor and booed by a large element of the Celtic supporters

Strange that this bit of history wasn't mentioned on transfer deadline day.

It only ocurred to me today. I'm a bit slow like that.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,093
    He went for a similar amount
  • cornerblock
    Mattsaw wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:

As a Chelsea fan, what do you make if the new FFP rules coming in, starting to be phased in from next season I think?

Well there is no doubt we will struggle to fit the criteria. At the moment there is no way with the wage bill we have that we can be self sufficient. I think there are attempts being made to bring home grown players through so we don't need to spend ridiculous amounts of money on transfers. I think the club will probably have to bite the bullet and accept that we may have to go backwards to go forwards so to speak. Personally I would not mind missing out on Europe for a couple of seasons if it meant some of the fantastic young players we do have were given a chance to become a team. Nothing beats seeing a young player come through the ranks and make it. All of this does seem very anti- Premier League though, do not remember the same proposals when Serie A was awash with money and buying up all the best players. Including Platini!
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    Agree with that, I really hope it encourages a lot more British talent at the bigger clubs, at the moment they don't tend to get the chance.

Does anyone know how the bigger continental clubs will get on with meeting the criteria. I know Barcelona are reputed to be in Financial trouble.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • tailwindhome
    Mattsaw wrote:
    Agree with that, I really hope it encourages a lot more British talent at the bigger clubs, at the moment they don't tend to get the chance.

Does anyone know how the bigger continental clubs will get on with meeting the criteria. I know Barcelona are reputed to be in Financial trouble.

They won't have to.
  • Mattsaw wrote:
    beverick wrote:
    He was never perceived as beng the right man for the job either by the fans (who wanted Dalglish from day one) or the media.
    It was the media who got him the job in the first place.

Exactly, never has a manger been so protected by the media. Hodgson has always been a media darling, they couldn't turn on him as they would have made complete fools of themselves.

They constantly trotted out excuses about it being Benitezs fault for leaving them with a poor squad, or the payers fault. It was never his fault for using crap tactics and playing people out of position.

I wouldn't say Benitez is totally absolved of this, the striking options he left, considering it was a champions league club, was Torres and erm, Ngog. Any team looking to be considered trophy winners needs more striking options than that.

As for the supposed new finance rules due to come in, I think I've already said on another thread...I'd be amazed if they are implemented in their current form, still plenty of time for them to be seriously watered down or conveniently forgotten.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Maybe the new rules on CL qualification are why transfer fees on the continent stayed very modest? Of the teams in a position to qualify from here, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool are going to struggle without some serious debts being written off by their owners. Even then, I doubt Man City's income will exceed their outgoings without some off-loading of players at bargain basement prices and I doubt anyone else will be willing to pay them the same wages. And for god sake Man City, take those fecking snoods off or at least get Tevez to put his over his ugly mug face!
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.