Dalgleish - Make it stop! ****CONTAINS SCOUSERS*******

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    brucey72 wrote:
    The Liverpool situation reminds me a little of what my team Newcastle went through a few seasons ago in that we were a team in crisis and brought back a footballing legend in KK as our 'saviour' only to see him spit his dummy when after years away from football it all proved to be an impossible task and we ended up relegated.

For Keegan and Newcastle read Daglish and Liverpool.

Sadly you are re writing history at Newcastle.

keegan had a Newcastle side in his second spell that were playing well.They ended the 2007/08 season strongly and had started 2008/9 well.

Keegan left because his role was being undermined by the FCB and his cocknwey mafia. Refusing to allow Keegan to have the final say on transfers despite that being part of his contract.

The Employment tribunal found that Keegan had been constructively dismissed. A bit different from spitting the dummy because it proved to be an impossible task.
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    It'll be alright. Kenny will turn it round. Someone just needs to remind him its the Premier League he needs to win and not the 1st Division Championship like it was in the 80's. :roll:
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    lfcquin wrote:
    It'll be alright. Kenny will turn it round. Someone just needs to remind him its the Premier League he needs to win and not the 1st Division Championship like it was in the 80's. :roll:

I hope for Liverpool fans Dalglish has not got his eyes set on winning League 1
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • 5 years of sh!t£ is not going to be undone overnight. And as for the poster who said Torres was rubbish last night, what game were you watching pal??? Chased down every ball, harrassed the back four more than usual (but still not enough) and had few good chances. Thing is, how he's going to be great is all down to the service as well and with Dirk "my second touch is a tackle" Kuyt and Milan "Head down ar$e up" Jovanovic he's never going to get the type of balls he thrives on with those two inept idiots. Plus, just look at the middle of the park, Lucas & Poulsen. Two average players at best. No Xabi Alonso put it that way.
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    The Euro thing could be a non starter. There's so much money in it, all they have to do is start their own super league and UEFA are screwed. No Real, Salfords, Citeh, Barca's etc. and they'd have their own broadcast rights rather tha shared with the rest of the league.

I agree, I predict it will either be severly watered down or there will indeed be a breakaway from UEFA.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    The Euro thing could be a non starter. There's so much money in it, all they have to do is start their own super league and UEFA are screwed. No Real, Salfords, Citeh, Barca's etc. and they'd have their own broadcast rights rather tha shared with the rest of the league.

I agree, I predict it will either be severly watered down or there will indeed be a breakaway from UEFA.

I'm not sure that will happen. This agreement was as much demanded for by the clubs as UEFA.
  • verylonglegs

I'm not sure that will happen. This agreement was as much demanded for by the clubs as UEFA.

All of them though? I'm not fully up to speed on it but I know German clubs like Bayern back it very strongly and it wouldn't surprise me if the Italian clubs do too as their league has suffered a talent drain but the big Spanish two? They are a bit different as their leadership changes quite often so what if they were to elect presidents who want out to take advantage of direct tv deals?
  • Some say that Hodgson is the worst 'pool manager since Barrymore.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Titter...

COYS!

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Woy Hodgson always reminded me of this other pool Manager.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob1rYlCpOnM
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    spen666 wrote:
    brucey72 wrote:
    The Liverpool situation reminds me a little of what my team Newcastle went through a few seasons ago in that we were a team in crisis and brought back a footballing legend in KK as our 'saviour' only to see him spit his dummy when after years away from football it all proved to be an impossible task and we ended up relegated.

For Keegan and Newcastle read Daglish and Liverpool.

Sadly you are re writing history at Newcastle.

keegan had a Newcastle side in his second spell that were playing well.They ended the 2007/08 season strongly and had started 2008/9 well.

Keegan left because his role was being undermined by the FCB and his cocknwey mafia. Refusing to allow Keegan to have the final say on transfers despite that being part of his contract.

The Employment tribunal found that Keegan had been constructively dismissed. A bit different from spitting the dummy because it proved to be an impossible task.

Keegan's second spell stats - w6 d6 L9

08/09 w1 d1 L1

even with rose tinted glasses, that's barely above relegation stuff

he left cos he's a big bairn, just like he did the first time
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    Someone just needs to remind him its the Premier League he needs to win and not the 1st Division Championship like it was in the 80's

Err, he's won the Premier League with Blackburn.

Have to say Liverpool are proper sh*te, no width, no defenders and a soft midfield. Whether Dalglish can do anything about that who knows, but he is a way better manager than Keegan ever was and I'm no Liverpool fan.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,204
    I thought in the cup match Liverpool showed much more desire than they had under Hodgson. I feel sorry for Hodgson and feel he has been treated badly in comparison to Benitez who was given loads of time and used it to turn the team from pretty good to average at best by selling off and upsetting world class players like Olonso and paying over the odds for very mediocre players. It's unfair to judge any manager if they haven't been given a chance to pull together their own team. I think what is needed is for Liverpool to start bringing through local talent again, they started to get a good academy together and the team always looks better when it has the enthusiasm of a few local lads to drive it on even if they aren't world class players in their own rights. Dalglish needs to be given a chance to develop his own team but if they do look elsewhere I would much rather see Ranieri take over than O'Neil who is in danger of looking like a quitter.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    5 years at Wycombe - left to go to bigger club, 5 years at Leicester - left for bigger club, 5 years at Celtic - left because his wife was ill with cancer. OK so he quit Norwich and he quit Villa after disagreements with the chairmen.

Ranieri has never spent 5 years at any club he's managed and has won virtually nothing of note.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Gordon Strachan had a better record at Celtic than Martin O'Neil but that didn't stop the fans chasing him out and where is he now?

Records and history can mean nowt to the fans.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • as a sane LFC fan all i can say is, the buck stops with the manager. But unfortunatly that generally doesnt solve the problem if the problem is 60% of the team is shite. Instead of thinking about where we should be because of our history we should be looking at the quality of our players and with the standard of players we have, we are in the position we belong at.

righ now, even Lucas seems one of the players we should be keeping :D

kyrgiakos, poulson, jovanovich, maxi, ngog...how much could we get? 5million combined? lol

should have kept keane, babel should play more
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    As a Man U fan, we were not convinced by Ferguson for the first couple of years but a superb crop of youngsters (Neville x 2, Butt, Beckham, Giggs, Sharpe, etc. ) and a FA Cup win saved his skin. No looking back.

Since then, not all of his buys have been that good for Utd (Bosnich, Forlan, Veron) but we've always had a few good youngsters coming through to supplement the big money purchases.

I t surprises me that given the size of Liverpool's Academy that with Benitez's sending patterns there wasn't a back up option of home grown talent that would die to wear the red shirt.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Liverpool's demise is good for the game. That's not a dig at the club or the fans, but having the same four clubs in a position of constant domination season after season was in detriment to the game as a whole. New blood forcing their way in only adds interest, especially with Chelsea's team of ageing stars also on the wane.

Nothing is forever and no team has a monopoly on success.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    acidstrato wrote:
    as a sane LFC fan all i can say is, the buck stops with the manager. But unfortunatly that generally doesnt solve the problem if the problem is 60% of the team is shite. Instead of thinking about where we should be because of our history we should be looking at the quality of our players and with the standard of players we have, we are in the position we belong at.

kyrgiakos, poulson, jovanovich, maxi, ngog...how much could we get? 5million combined? lol

We laughed all the way to the bank over that one. And now we can palm him off on the spammers for another profit.

Liverpool started losing their way when you departed from Shanks' legacy. By bringing in all the foreign players LFC lost their way with youth development. Of the succesful clubs in the PL, they nearly all have solid youth foundations bringing in home grown talent along with foreign players. You only really have Gerrard and Jamie miserable git and they're both in the twilight of their careers.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • StillGoing

Agree. Breakaways have been tried in most sports and always come to nothing; F1, WSB, MGP, but they simply can't finance the competition. They'll get plenty of hot air and "Oh yes we support you and will come with you into your new competition", but in reality will not get signatures on paper. It could also require them to withdraw from the national and international competition. That in turn would affect the players. With transfer issues between player registration and eligibility for the national side. I also think it's aimed at stopping some of the corruption in football as alleged in the Italian and Spanish game.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    philthy3 wrote:
    acidstrato wrote:
    as a sane LFC fan all i can say is, the buck stops with the manager. But unfortunatly that generally doesnt solve the problem if the problem is 60% of the team is shite. Instead of thinking about where we should be because of our history we should be looking at the quality of our players and with the standard of players we have, we are in the position we belong at.

We laughed all the way to the bank over that one. And now we can palm him off on the spammers for another profit.

Liverpool started losing their way when you departed from Shanks' legacy. By bringing in all the foreign players LFC lost their way with youth development. Of the succesful clubs in the PL, they nearly all have solid youth foundations bringing in home grown talent along with foreign players. You only really have Gerrard and Jamie miserable git and they're both in the twilight of their careers.

True. Liverpool's past glories were built on the foundations started in the bootroom. They need to get that back. Maybe Kenny will be the man to do just that as he saw it first hand?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    O'neil to West ham then
  • verylonglegs
    philthy3 wrote:

Agree. Breakaways have been tried in most sports and always come to nothing; F1, WSB, MGP, but they simply can't finance the competition. They'll get plenty of hot air and "Oh yes we support you and will come with you into your new competition", but in reality will not get signatures on paper. It could also require them to withdraw from the national and international competition. That in turn would affect the players. With transfer issues between player registration and eligibility for the national side. I also think it's aimed at stopping some of the corruption in football as alleged in the Italian and Spanish game.

Not entirely correct due to a major glaring omission, the English Premier League, of which it's clubs are at the core of this argument, was a breakaway from the football league administration at that time.

The Champions League structure, ie the bigger European leagues having four entrants, the league system etc is all done to keep the big clubs happy. If they all agree to the new changes then yes they will go through but I don't believe for a minute UEFA have any real control of the direction of the European club game as far as the bigger clubs are concerned.
  • I see Carragher is preparing for life after football. I'm not listening to that every Saturday afternoon. :P
  • verylonglegs
    He can't be any worse than Merson and Windass could he?
  • StillGoing
    Will the fickle supporters be booing and baying for Dalglish to be sacked when Everton whop 'em this afternoon?
  • probably, ian rush is due next week and john barnes is in line after rushie

but im gonna go out of a limb...torres to bag 2 today! :D
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • verylonglegs
    Well I know this thread is about the plight of Liverpool but dear god, how poor are Everton?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    izza wrote:
    As a Man U fan, we were not convinced by Ferguson for the first couple of years but a superb crop of youngsters (Neville x 2, Butt, Beckham, Giggs, Sharpe, etc. ) and a FA Cup win saved his skin. No looking back.

It wasn't those youngsters that saved him. What saved him was a goal by Mark Robbins against Forest in the third round of the 1990 FA Cup, which they went on to win. It was generally thought he would be sacked had they lost.

By the time all of those youngsters were in the team, and Alan Hansen made his famous "you'll never win anything with kids" comment, Ferguson had won the League twice, the FA Cup twice, the League Cup and the European Cup Winner's Cup
    Twitter: @RichN95