Dalgleish - Make it stop! ****CONTAINS SCOUSERS*******

Comments

• Well I know this thread is about the plight of Liverpool but dear god, how poor are Everton?

Good enough to be winning their Derby away right now. :lol:

Edit;Sorry Everton fans. :P
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Well I know this thread is about the plight of Liverpool but dear god, how poor are Everton?

Good enough to be winning their Derby away right now. :lol:

Edit;Sorry Everton fans. :P

Yeah I was kind of asking to be made to look stupid by posting at half time like that but it was one ugly game of football. Brings to mind the phrase 'if these two teams were playing my back yard I'd close the curtains.' Granted, derbys are governed more by passion than anything.
  • Martincan
    Martincan Posts: 188
    They haven't found a decent enough replacement for Alonso plus they need to be careful that Torres doesn't get fed up and hand in a transfer request. I wouldn't be too surprised either if Gerrard fancied a season or two abroad to try and win a bit of silverware.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.....I have a lot of weakness!

My Blog: http://ipluswheels.wordpress.com/
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    We were robbed. that wasn't a penalty
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Martincan wrote:
    They haven't found a decent enough replacement for Alonso plus they need to be careful that Torres doesn't get fed up and hand in a transfer request. I wouldn't be too surprised either if Gerrard fancied a season or two abroad to try and win a bit of silverware.

or European games :shock:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Martincan
    daviesee wrote:
    Martincan wrote:

or European games :shock:

Very true, and possibly top flight football.

• Won't happen, he's too old now. Missed the boat on that one about 3 yrs ago.
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • Won't happen, he's too old now. Missed the boat on that one about 3 yrs ago.

We would have him, good cover for Tom Huddlestone.
  • Martincan
    I reckon he could fit in to a top Italian side, as the pace of the game allows for longer playing careers in the top flight. I also don't think Madrid would say no. Then again the MLS and the Middle East seems to be the retirement location for a lot of top players now, which again boils down to the wage packets on offer.

• ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    3-0 to the 'pool against the mighty Wolves!

'King Kenny is a footballing genius I tell ya!

I deffo think he's a shoe in for the British team coach for the Olympics. Is there nothing he can't do?

Sir Alex will be trembling in the bowels of Old Trafford.

The comeback starts here.

Roy who?

etc, etc.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • LOL....mighty wolves
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Lets be realistic, Dalglish was one of the Roy Hodgson booh boys. He was miffed that Hodgson got the job he wanted. His influence with the board and in the dressing room no doubt played a big part in the poor performances while Hodgson was in charge and his ultimate dismisal. When they can start beating some of the quality sides in the PL again, then I'll give him the benefit.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • and the poor old toffos can't even beat wet spam
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    'king 'ell Wolves. Why is it we can beat the good teams, but fail against the other relegation candidates :twisted: ?
  • philthy3 wrote:
    Lets be realistic, Dalglish was one of the Roy Hodgson booh boys. He was miffed that Hodgson got the job he wanted. His influence with the board and in the dressing room no doubt played a big part in the poor performances while Hodgson was in charge and his ultimate dismisal. When they can start beating some of the quality sides in the PL again, then I'll give him the benefit.

Prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt? Good win today that makes 4 out of 4. The contrast with Hodgson is like night and day.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    philthy3 wrote:

Prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt? Good win today that makes 4 out of 4. The contrast with Hodgson is like night and day.

Yes, that's absolutely right. Under Hodgson they looked like a dreadful team and couldn't win for toffee. Under Dalgleish they look like a dreadful team who have somehow managed to win 4 games without ever looking like they deserved to. If you can't get a good team, get a lucky manager. Benetiz was and left the rubbish that Roy and Kenny got.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:

Yes, that's absolutely right. Under Hodgson they looked like a dreadful team and couldn't win for toffee. Under Dalgleish they look like a dreadful team who have somehow managed to win 4 games without ever looking like they deserved to. If you can't get a good team, get a lucky manager. Benetiz was and left the rubbish that Roy and Kenny got.

Are you a red manc by any chance????

Do one will you. 4 wins is 4 wins and no goals conceded.

King Kenny is going great guns.

OH YEA FERNANDO THAT IS ONE MASSIVE F*CKING STEP UP YOU MADE. :roll:
  • Lucky manager??? Yet I didn't see him out on the pitch booting the ball about?!?!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • StillGoing
    Be honest, Chavski were woeful even the spammers could've beaten them yesterday. Dalglish was lucky that Ambromovich was stupid enough to pay £50m for Torres. Now he's gone you may start to improve and Chavski can begin their slump further down the table if they continue to play him.
  • philthy3 wrote:
    Be honest, Chavski were woeful even the spammers could've beaten them yesterday. Dalglish was lucky that Ambromovich was stupid enough to pay £50m for Torres. Now he's gone you may start to improve and Chavski can begin their slump further down the table if they continue to play him.

There is still some hope :twisted:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Are you a red manc by any chance????

Do one will you. 4 wins is 4 wins and no goals conceded.

King Kenny is going great guns.

OH YEA FERNANDO THAT IS ONE MASSIVE F*CKING STEP UP YOU MADE. :roll:

When was the last time Liverpool won the league?

When was the last time Chelsea won the leage? Oh, wait...
  • Daglish has already made it stop - this thread is now redundant!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    philthy3 wrote:

Chelski... chav...Chavski... oh I see what you did there. Really clever play on words there. :roll: Wish people would make up their minds what Chelsea fans are. Chavs? Hooray Henrys? Rent Boys? Years ago it was Mindless Thugs. Truth is we are like most clubs and probably have a cross section of all of them. Although I can honestly say I have never seen a Rent Boy at the Bridge. Not working anyway! As for the Club having no history, our nickname is the Pensioners for f**** sake! We have plenty of history, not Liverpools or Man Utds, our History. :x As for success, well we will hopefully one day have a roll of Honours like other clubs. Who knows? Most of the people who come out with all this Chelski and no history nonsense seem to me to know very little about football themselves, Just spout the same old drivel. Me personally, I reckon I've paid my dues, following them up and down the country for years, getting relegated, watching rubbish football, getting chased around town centres on Saturday evenings. So I am really going to enjoy any success while it lasts. Anyway think I will end my rant now and pour myself a glass of champagne before I beat up the Rent Boy for overcharging me!! :)
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    Jamie Carragher was arrested by the old bill yesterday, he had £50M in his back pocket.
  • philthy3 wrote:

Chelski... chav...Chavski... oh I see what you did there. Really clever play on words there. :roll: Wish people would make up their minds what Chelsea fans are. Chavs? Hooray Henrys? Rent Boys? Years ago it was Mindless Thugs. Truth is we are like most clubs and probably have a cross section of all of them. Although I can honestly say I have never seen a Rent Boy at the Bridge. Not working anyway! As for the Club having no history, our nickname is the Pensioners for f**** sake! We have plenty of history, not Liverpools or Man Utds, our History. :x As for success, well we will hopefully one day have a roll of Honours like other clubs. Who knows? Most of the people who come out with all this Chelski and no history nonsense seem to me to know very little about football themselves, Just spout the same old drivel. Me personally, I reckon I've paid my dues, following them up and down the country for years, getting relegated, watching rubbish football, getting chased around town centres on Saturday evenings. So I am really going to enjoy any success while it lasts. Anyway think I will end my rant now and pour myself a glass of champagne before I beat up the Rent Boy for overcharging me!! :)

I wouldn't worry about those insults, I suspect Man City fans will be taking your place very soon in that regard.
  • StillGoing
    For such an ardent Chelsea fan, it surprises me you hadn't realised Chavski is what every other teams supporters refer to you as. Yids, Scummers, Manure, Manc Shitty etc etc we're all out there with our very own personal term of endearment.
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:
    ..........quote]

Yes, that's absolutely right. Under Hodgson they looked like a dreadful team and couldn't win for toffee. .......

So how come they had the second best home record in the Premier League when he left (which they still do by the way)? It was his away tactics that stunk - they had the second worst away record in the Premier League behind Wolves (which before Sunday they still did by the way).

i personally think that he carried three main items of baggage that meant he'd never be a success at Anfield:

1 He has a track record steeped in mediocrity. His track record is mid-table mediocrity with the occasional peak or trough thrown in for good measure - basically, he was a run of the mill manager thrown into a club with massive expectation.
    2. Ever since he set foot in Ewood Park tactics are suspect. If you want a "win at home and lose away" record he'll deliver. if you want a battling gritty performance when the chips are down then he's not the man.
    3. He was never perceived as beng the right man for the job either by the fans (who wanted Dalglish from day one) or the media. So even if he'd delivered the premier league title this year everyone would have said ah yes but wait for next year. He was always going to fail at Anfield and I'm surprised he a) didn't realise it and b) allowed himself to be sucked into it. He's a good manager for the right club.

if you want to see, or hear the difference between Dalglish and Hodgson listen to his interview at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 389156.stm

Bob
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Fair point Bob. I like to avoid facts though as they tend to get in the way of a nice sound bite :wink:

All in all, it just goes to show we all care about our footy teams and that putting together a winning team is a bit of an art form which needs luck, decent (not necessarily world class) players, talent and usually that magic ingredient, patience.

I do think Dalglieish is the right man but I also think the team are having a dead cat bounce. I reckon it will take Kenny a few years to get things back properly and shake off the hangover from the last owners; no fans deserve that kind of nonsense and yet there seems to be a never ending trail (Leeds, Newcastle, LFC, etc.).
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    beverick wrote:
    He was never perceived as beng the right man for the job either by the fans (who wanted Dalglish from day one) or the media.
    It was the media who got him the job in the first place.
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    beverick wrote:
    He was never perceived as beng the right man for the job either by the fans (who wanted Dalglish from day one) or the media.
    It was the media who got him the job in the first place.

Exactly, never has a manger been so protected by the media. Hodgson has always been a media darling, they couldn't turn on him as they would have made complete fools of themselves.

They constantly trotted out excuses about it being Benitezs fault for leaving them with a poor squad, or the payers fault. It was never his fault for using crap tactics and playing people out of position.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava