2011 Season Goals

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I would say if you can do a sub 22 min 10 you can def do a sub 1 hour 25.

Assuming you can keep the pace up for the whole hour! a 25 is a different beast to a 10 (as you know!)
  • Missed my cat 2 by 3 points last season, so that would be great!

To get my FTP up to around 280-300 would be a bonus.

To win a race or two would be the icing...
    Up hup hup hup.....fricking hate that!
  • milese
    milese Posts: 1,233
    Get to Cat 3 in my first season.
  • Milese wrote:
    Get to Cat 3 in my first season.

This is another one of mine, and one I am quietly confident of, its the sub 22:00 which I think I am going to struggle with.

a 22 min 10 =27.27 mph
    a 1 hour 25=25 mph

Although lots of people do loose speed over the two distances, its not by much. And FWIW my 25 speed is faster than my 10 speed.
  • jp1985
    jp1985 Posts: 434
    MAP > 420 (currently 350-375)
    Gross V02max > 5.5l (currently 5l)
    Relative V02max > 55ml.kg.min (currently 46.2ml.kg.min)
    Body Weight < 100kg (currently 110)
    Pk power > 1700 watts (was 1560 last time I checked)

Start doing club 10s
    Ride a few criteriums
    Give track riding a go
  • my 10 pb is 22.17 and my 25pb is 55.32 so my 25 is a faster average speed, i find 25s easier to pace, although if i get good conditions i am pretty sure i can sneak into the 21s for a 10 and 54s for a 25 on our club course. I wouldn't mind doing a super fast UK course to see what i could do but i don't want to waste a trip away on a tt when i could do a road race
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    hopper1 wrote:
    22 min 10. :shock:
    Sub hour 25.
    Finish the Beacon RC LMTT!
    See Markos at the gas Hill Challenge!...
    Drop another 5kgs...

Times are plucked out of the air... as long as I better all this seasons times, I'll be happy... ish!!!
    Going to have a pop at 50 TT's, maybe try a hundred, too.

I would say if you can do a sub 22 min 10 you can def do a sub 1 hour 25.

For reference I am on a 22.55 for a 10 and 56.35 for a 25.

... coincidentally my aim is sub 22 min 10 this year :D

Totally agree, Joey... But, they are both targets... Have to get one to get the other. :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • my 10 pb is 22.17 and my 25pb is 55.32 so my 25 is a faster average speed, i find 25s easier to pace, although if i get good conditions i am pretty sure i can sneak into the 21s for a 10 and 54s for a 25 on our club course. I wouldn't mind doing a super fast UK course to see what i could do but i don't want to waste a trip away on a tt when i could do a road race

I have this *problem* too. I'm hoping that a winter of track racing is going to cure it!
  • I am going to add another primary goal, though it is arguably secondary in that the race results are what matter not body weight, but I would like to get under 80Kg by May, which might go some way to helping me hit the other targets....
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    This post made me think about past goals. In 2009 I wanted to get a sub 30:00 in a 10m TT. I was a bit surprised how quickly that came. This year I'd like to do better in the road races I entered last year which essentially means finishing wioth at least a couple of other riders around me. I'd also like to beat the times I set in a couple of hilly TTs I did.
    wheeler585 wrote:
    Missed my cat 2 by 3 points last season, so that would be great!

To get my FTP up to around 280-300 would be a bonus.

To win a race or two would be the icing...

Is 280 good then?
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    hopper1 wrote:
    22 min 10. :shock:
    Sub hour 25.
    Finish the Beacon RC LMTT!
    See Markos at the gas Hill Challenge!...
    Drop another 5kgs...

Times are plucked out of the air... as long as I better all this seasons times, I'll be happy... ish!!!
    Going to have a pop at 50 TT's, maybe try a hundred, too.

I doubt I'll outsprint you on Gas Hill :wink:
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    To do my 1st 100 mile ride

To do at least 400km per month

To do over 5000km in total!!

To finally conquer my fear of hills LOL

If I can do these I have promissed myself a new bike and a threesome
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    NWLondoner
    f I can do these I have promissed myself a new bike and a threesome

:D
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Keep cat 2 and get some points instead of making up the backmarkers.

Work less and do more mid-week focussed sessions.

Break 80kg barrier like I did in 08 when I was 78 kgs (this AM Jan 1st I was 84.4).

Choose a worthwhile cycling goal on the continent where I can ride a tough event and do something afterwards to please the other half.

Come out of March Mallorcan camp stronger and lighter than in past years.

Sort out the gastic reflux & chest pressure I get when I go full out.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • twotyred
    twotyred Posts: 822
    Just one goal but its enough for me

Silver medal time in La Marmotte
  • sagalout
    sagalout Posts: 338
    Sub 23 mins on the club 10
    Gold time on the Etape Du Dales
    Under 75kg for the first time
    Have a go at criterium racing (there's a couple of series nearby this year)
    Not get dropped on a Sunday club ride <-- this will be the hardest!
  • Main goal is to lose the weight I have put on over the last 5 months....Arthritis flair up..not much exercise...now on new meds and all is rosey again.

1, Go Gluten free again to help regiment my eating and control Arthritis....
    2, Get under the 90kg mark for the first time in a lot of years by losing 7 kg's
    3, Increase exercise on and off the bike to compliment the lower calorie intake and lose weight

SIMPLES!!
    17 Stone down to 12.5 now raring to get back on the bike!
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    22min 10TT
    220+ 12hrs
    -3mins on local hillclimb
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Not to enter any TTs
    Win a race solo.
  • golfergmc
    golfergmc Posts: 426
    edited January 2011
    Average 20mph on a Staurday morning 30 mile ride and drop 19kg which will help me achive the average 20mph.
    Cervelo S5 Team 2012
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp SL 2010
    Kona Tanuki Supreme
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    2nd Cat.
    More problems but still living....
  • getting round the marmotte in less than 7:30 (time for full distance, not the new neutralised time thing)

how hard can it be?
  • 22-something for a 10
    Sub-hour 25.
    Hitting 85Kg in time for the Etape Cally
    To give track racing a go.
  • joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,073
    Important goals
    3rd Cat
    sub 22 min '10'
    72kg

Lesser goals
    score a point in a 2/3/4 race
    sub 56:34 '25'
    top 3 in club TT
  • Not wanting to detract from anyone whose aim is to get a 3rd cat license, but i do hope you ACTUALLY mean 'becoming a competant, safe and consistent racer'.
  • rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    :roll:
  • joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,073
    Not wanting to detract from anyone whose aim is to get a 3rd cat license, but i do hope you ACTUALLY mean 'becoming a competant, safe and consistent racer'.

this is why I am wanting to score my point in (2/)3/4 races...makes it harder, makes it seems like you have earned it and will make me a better rider.
  • milese
    milese Posts: 1,233
    Not wanting to detract from anyone whose aim is to get a 3rd cat license, but i do hope you ACTUALLY mean 'becoming a competant, safe and consistent racer'.

Oh. I was hoping to win a single race because of a major pile up that takes out the competetion, that I probably cause through my incompetent, dangerous and irratic racing.
  • Milese wrote:

Oh. I was hoping to win a single race because of a major pile up that takes out the competetion, that I probably cause through my incompetent, dangerous and irratic racing.

Like causing forum pile ups through erratic spelling?! :wink:
  • jonmack
    jonmack Posts: 522

So your assumption is that all 4th cat racers are incompetent, unsafe and inconsistent racers?

Nice.