Show us your winter bikes

Comments

• Supergoose wrote:
    taken just after I got it (or should that be her?

No, it should not. That kind of chat gives me the heebie jeebies. Its always it, That and never her.

Also getting right on my nipple ends these days is reference to running. WTF? example:
    'I run an SLR on my road bike' No, you use an SLR. Really though, that kind of patter rips my knitting.

That said, loving the Kona and indeed, the vast majority of the bikes in this thread. I do prefer a dedicated winter bike, proper guards et al. Mange tout :)

So your not one for giving bikes names then?
  • Stuy-b
    Stuy-b Posts: 248
    my winter bike

2nw0jtz.jpg[/img]
  • Hibbs
    Hibbs Posts: 291
    DSC00084-1.jpg

Any excuse to post a pic. :D

Now THAT is a proper winter bike. Well done!

All you need now is a rack holding a tesco bag containing a waterproof jacket, some cake and a small thermos of coffee and it will be complete. :lol:
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Now has ProLite Bracciano wheelset fitted and the mudguards properly adjusted :wink:

PlanetxTisportive.jpg
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Imagine these with Crud Road Racers fitted (and clipless on the SS)...

IMGP1627.jpg

IMGP1115.jpg
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    ^^ Digging the lugged Giant :o
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    NapoleonD wrote:
    ^^ Digging the lugged Giant :o

Cheers. I love it.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just put a new Token ceramic BB on mine as I was getting rather miffed at the sh1te GXP one. First impressions have left me very very impressed!!
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Supergoose wrote:
    How much?

How vulgar?

+1
    sorry. badly phrased.
  • [img][/img]p1000788i.jpg
    My Giant FCR2 which i use all year round, done 11,400 miles,and on only its second chain and cassette, original steel front rings last ages on winter roads, its been and still is a great workhorse, the old inner tube wrapped around the seatpost clamp keeps all the crud out of the seat tube.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    kettrinboy wrote:
    the old inner tube wrapped around the seatpost clamp keeps all the crud out of the seat tube.

a layer of electrical tape would do the same job and look neater... ;)
  • dodgy wrote:
    Now has ProLite Bracciano wheelset fitted and the mudguards properly adjusted :wink:

very nice, but those mudguard stays need a real trimming, especially on the front. You'll have somebody's eye out
  • softlad wrote:
    kettrinboy wrote:
    the old inner tube wrapped around the seatpost clamp keeps all the crud out of the seat tube.

a layer of electrical tape would do the same job and look neater... ;)
    TBH I,m not that bothered how this bike looks, its just a workhorse now.
  • Hibbs wrote:
    DSC00084-1.jpg

Any excuse to post a pic. :D

Now THAT is a proper winter bike. Well done!

All you need now is a rack holding a tesco bag containing a waterproof jacket, some cake and a small thermos of coffee and it will be complete. :lol:

I do 125 miles a week commuting on it, so it's actually in use year round. It may not look as flashy as most of the bikes on show here, but it's got Columbus tubing, a top-end (for the time) chainset (Sun Tour Superbe Pro) and goes really very well indeed. Light it is not, but fast it is. :D
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    DSC00322-1.jpg

Due for some upgrades soon.

The 34/50 chainset will be going for a 39/53 chainset, new chain and cassette, probably 12-25. Need new mudguards cause those don't work however I try em, they used to, but they don't now, I'm going up hills and it feels like the brakes are going on every split second due to them catching, and I can hear it on my tyres wearing em away.
  • originally peugeot badged,url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28080037@N06/5148210047/]5148210047_4cfb8f0e6c.jpg[/url]
    winterbike by shortbloke, on Flickrurl=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28080037@N06/5148815438/]5148815438_0f27734174.jpg[/url]
    wintrbike 2 by shortbloke, on Flickr
    9spd tiagra, decathlon wheels, kenesis forks, campag brakes,and an earlier incarnation of Triggers broom!! 3444208077_937ce2f2c3.jpg
    20102007(003) by shortbloke, on Flickr
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Cleaned,ready for the saltly roads. :)

004-6.jpg
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • Stuy-b
    Stuy-b Posts: 248
    a friend of mines winter bike.
    over 30lbs as ridden (saddle bad, bottle cages, lights, ect...)

brooks saddle and full sks guards are on there way :D

33er0gx.jpg
  • Supergoose
    Stuy-b wrote:
    brooks saddle and full sks guards are on there way :D

Now your talking!
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • 13112010092.jpg
  • Pah, they're not proper winter bikes - far too clean. Here's mine, just back from this morning's club run...

Where did you go, Lands End to John O'Groats ? You've got enough water for a week there !
  • Supergoose
    Right, we seem to be veering of track here. I would reiterate that this thread is exclusively the domain for winter bikes shod with mudguards and various other winter type paraphenalia.

There is another thraed for road bikes.

No mudguards, no winterbike! :wink:
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    edited November 2010
    No guards, but very much a winter bike, and summer bike when it stops raining :lol:

It also doesn't have the several tons of panniers on it like when its being used.

Nice spec though, 105 STI's, DA rear mech, PX model B wheels, carbon bits.

5175829621_2115769130_z.jpg
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    click my link below, although the silk road pro now has crud 2's and new bars....

should update the pic.

(oh, and ultegra pedals, and red shifters)
  • Supergoose wrote:
    Right, we seem to be veering of track here. I would reiterate that this thread is exclusively the domain for winter bikes shod with mudguards and various other winter type paraphenalia.

quite right! forgive me

my revised picture:

66c93636.jpg

:)
  • Supergoose wrote:

quite right! forgive me

my revised picture:

66c93636.jpg

:)

And most definately no MTB's!!!

Traitor!!! BURN HIM!!!!!!!
    :lol::lol:
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    chunkytfg wrote:

And most definitely no MTB's!!!

Traitor!!! BURN HIM!!!!!!!
    :lol::lol:

You'd better ignore my Sig then :oops: And the £400 I just spent on new forks for the Spesh 8)
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • matterai
    matterai Posts: 176
    Mine. I know the chain is not on the big ring - sorry

photo.JPG