Pre-Xmas BR Pro Race get together

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited December 2010 in Pro race
Right, just trying to gauge the interest here.

Would any of the other folks on here from Londres or surrounding region be interested in meeting up for a few beers / shoot the breeze in December? Being a complete social butterfly I know a couple of people from here and it's always pleasant to have a chat in person rather than violently disagreeing behind a keyboard.

And if so, week day or weekend?

Apologies if this is totally ghey :wink:
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,111
    Keyboard warriors get to fight for real?

Brilliant, count me in. :twisted:
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Yeah it's a bit of a hike from St. Moritz but I'm in.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    PS iain, shouldn't you have done this via PM? We might get some mountain bikers turning up now.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    Or even worse, trackies!

I'll make the assumption that Timoid would be down too.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Awesome idea... If I lived closer. :oops: Now, if FF was to confirm, I might be inclined to come and meet the legend in person.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'd be up for this but I don't like beer, so I'm not coming.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    iainf72 wrote:
    Or even worse, trackies!

I'll make the assumption that Timoid would be down too.

You assume correctly. Weekend probably better for me.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • iainf72
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I'd be up for this but I don't like beer, so I'm not coming.

Well, that's no problem. We can go somewhere they do large fruity cocktails if you like :wink:
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Aw, you've GOT to go, Napoleon- you'll be the main attraction.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    Who lives in London though? South Wales is where all the cool kids are - AFX, Pross, Calvjones, er.. me. Plus you could get some good cycling in, maybe a session at the velodrome.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    I would, but, well, distance...

Look forward to the podcast though.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Tusher
    South Wales? Eeek, that's even further than London, isn't it?

Although, a session in a velodrome would certainly be tempting.

What about Hampshire? Chawton House would be amazing. We could all sit elegantly sipping Earl Grey and debating pro-racing.

Or not.
  • Tusher
    I was wrong- London is 510 miles south, Cardiff is but 499.

I would suggest Fort William, but then we would all be swamped by muddy, boastful mountain bikers.
  • I'd be up for this but I don't like beer, so I'm not coming.

No Problem, it's in London so it will be shandy! :D
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    Tusher wrote:
    I was wrong- London is 510 miles south, Cardiff is but 499.

I would suggest Fort William, but then we would all be swamped by muddy, boastful mountain bikers.
    There were no mountain bikers last time I was at the Grog & Gruel....
    & I was cycling back to Glasgow the next day on a road bike (well, it might have been a recumbent road bike, but almost the same....)
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Swindon is roughly halfway between Wales and London - surely the epicentre of BikeRadar Forum Index | Road | Pro Race ?
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Iain i'm in! Trying to fill that gaping void of he off season leads us to do such things... :D
  • Hmmm I'd like to, but my castle of doom is situated, by necessity, a long old ways from London.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Busy time of year in my line of work but if I can make it i'll be there.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    We might get some mountain bikers turning up now
    Or even worse, trackies

I take it triathletes aren't welcome then?
    What about Hampshire? We could all sit elegantly sipping Earl Grey and debating pro-racing.

I'm in Hampshire. I may even have some Earl Grey in the tea caddy. I'll check with the staff. :lol:
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    RichN95 wrote:
    Who lives in London though? South Wales is where all the cool kids are - AFX, Pross, Calvjones, er.. me. Plus you could get some good cycling in, maybe a session at the velodrome.

See you tonight at Nantgarw for Chasing Legends then. Don't go to London; you'll get a nosebleed, they'll make you ride a fixie or a Brommie, and the collar on your nice Rapha tee will go black

Strava is not Zen.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132

Santa? Is it really you?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,691
    iainf72 wrote:
    Right, just trying to gauge the interest here.

Would any of the other folks on here from Londres or surrounding region be interested in meeting up for a few beers / shoot the breeze in December? Being a complete social butterfly I know a couple of people from here and it's always pleasant to have a chat in person rather than violently disagreeing behind a keyboard.

And if so, week day or weekend?

Apologies if this is totally ghey :wink:

Brick lane? :wink:

main-2.jpg
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    LangerDan wrote:

Santa? Is it really you?

Close, but no cigar.

Christmas cards is my game.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • iainf72

I always had you pinned as a Nathan Barley type character until you admitted to the brown shoes / blue suit thing.

Are you coming then Rick?

So, in terms of day, what's best for everyone? Timoid said weekend. I'm relatively easy but I'd think something like a Friday evening might be best as many people will already be in the City etc?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,111
    We're not all merchant bankers you know, Iain.

A Friday evening works for me.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,691
    iainf72 wrote:

I always had you pinned as a Nathan Barley type character until you admitted to the brown shoes / blue suit thing.
    :?

Nathan Barely?

Oh dear.

City suits me.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    If this involves either a) meeting people or b) going outside then you can count me out! Besides, how do we know Iain isn't some sort of Patrick Bateman type psychopath and we won't all be found chopped up in little bits in a suitcase floating in the Thames? Eh? Answer me that!

(In all seriousness this would probably be awkward for me wherever or whenever, so you can put me down as a no. Have a pixellated banana in my honour.)
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Thursday is the new Friday. Why have a hangover in your own time when you can be paid for it instead :D

Sounds like a good idea though we may have to log into the forum from the meeting place so we know who is who :wink:
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    My missus thinks I spend too much time as it is on bike related internet stuff without actually meeting real people in the flesh/lycra... also, London is a bit northern for my liking.
    Nice idea, but I'm afraid I'm out.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey