Men's Worlds Road Race **Spoilers**

Comments

• Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    Is the huge time gap & possibility of the peleton being lapped down to the lack of radios, or is it that the breakaway isn't rated at all?
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    winoneday wrote:
    You'd think Porter would be able to pick out the team of a rider he can't stop talking about, the silence didn't last anywhere near long enough.
    +1 He is abysmal. Almost to a comedic level.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Richrd2205 wrote:
    Is the huge time gap & possibility of the peloton being lapped down to the lack of radios, or is it that the breakaway isn't rated at all?

Break isn't rated.
  • polocini
    polocini Posts: 201
    I am gonna set my alarm as backup. I dont think I could stay awake through this in the daytime.

The morocco jersey is also crap.

Anyone on the Twitter feed??? Let's see if we can get a mention on the tele. Anyone know the Twitter details??
  • winoneday
    winoneday Posts: 253
    The Morocco jersey is terrible, hardly a masterpiece of imagination.

At the moment there's more focus on maths than cycling which isn't worth staying up for, having said that I'm not going anywhere.
  • winoneday
    Third toilet stop in just over an hour, at least they are pushing themselves to one impressive feat over the opening few kms.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,632
    Polocini wrote:
    Anyone on the Twitter feed??? Let's see if we can get a mention on the tele. Anyone know the Twitter details??
    http://twitter.com/Chris_Boardman
    Rich
  • Pokerface
    Polocini wrote:
    I am gonna set my alarm as backup. I dont think I could stay awake through this in the daytime.

The morocco jersey is also crap.

You can try @Chris_Boardman - he's the other commentator and is on Twitter now
  • polocini
    Cheers.

It will be my first ever tweet.
  • Pokerface
    19 minutes!! :shock: And they are still pulling out the lead.

One of the biggest leads I've seen in a race before. I guess they will still get caught - but if the peleton don't wake up soon, it's going to be closer than they think
  • sonny73
    It is a huge gap :shock:
  • sonny73
    21 minutes!!!!!!
  • Pokerface
    edited October 2010
    They should make it like a cat 4 race - if you get lapped - you get pulled out! That would show them.

I went to the Paralympic World Championships this year and the riders who got lapped on the circuit were pulled out. (I wasn't one of them 8) )
  • Richrd2205
    21 minutes now....
    WRR made it through at about 24 minutes a lap, so it's starting to get interesting...
  • sonny73
    Pokerface wrote:
    They should make it like a cat 4 race - if you get lapped - you get pulled out! That would show them.
    That would be comedy, sh*te but comedy.
  • Richrd2205
    Pokerface wrote:
    Chris Boarman has confirmed that it's within the commisaires' power to do that: lapped group less than 20, it's automatic being pulled; more than 20, it's their discretion.
    Can't see it happening though!
  • sonny73
    Who's your winner today then? I went with Edvald BH on the PTP, though I now think it's Cav's having watched the womens RR. Well, I hope anyway.
  • polocini
    ATTACK in the leading group. 22mins not enough!!
  • winoneday
    I think Cav has the form so he definitely has a chance. It's a nice change to have a rider who might be able to "recruit" from other nations rather than see ours jump ship. Not something I imagined seeing when I first started watching cycling.
  • sonny73
    16k behind the lead group, blimey!!!!
  • Pokerface
    Looks like a lot of the guys in the break are just sitting in now.
  • winoneday
    Anyone else lost coverage to a sport roundup?
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    edited October 2010
    What's with the abrupt sports roundup interrupting the the BBC website feed? Hope it's brief.

It's looping. This isn't Eurosport, what are they doing...
  • Jeez, how do they crash at that speed?
  • Pokerface
    Small crash there.
  • polocini
    It's fine on the red button.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,584
    CAn anyone get red button on freeview, Online has went to a news loop... now into second loop!!!

Arrrgghhhh
  • sonny73
    Freeview I think you need to go to channel 301, 302 or 303...it's been a while since I had Freeview but I'm sure it's something like that.
  • winoneday
    I've checked the BBC website red button is not available on freeview
  • sonny73
    edited October 2010
    If your having problems watching it: EDIT: link dead from post on my pc?!?!?!