Mosquera postitive

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Pokerface wrote:
    Can't say I'm particularly surprised by this one. I mean - who didn't watch that race and think that it was only a matter of time until the positive result was announced.

Many of us said it at the time. Now it's (sort of) confirmed.

+1

It's disappointing, but not wholly surprising.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    He was a bit cavalier with his drug taking
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Haha. When are you going to stop banging that drum Iain?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    Haha. When are you going to stop banging that drum Iain?

Don't know. Its one of your greatest moments I think.

:wink:
  • celbianchi wrote:
    Why on earth do they drop bombs like this in the middle of the Worlds. These guys should have some tact.

Why not? If they are caught cheating do you want the news to be hushed up until a quiet day in December?

Exactly, discussions and deals are being done at the moment regarding future team contracts.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Kléber wrote:
    Yep, and probably the same doctor too.
    Xacobeo's previous doctor got the boot in April this year when Pino hired-in a dodgy Colombian
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ex-xaco ... ck-on-pino

Nice retirement present for Pino though eh?
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    What a crappy day. I'm thinking it's going to require its own title that will etch itself onto the memories of all cycling fans, serving to remind them that cynicism prevails.
  • afx237vi
    Bronzie wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    Yep, and probably the same doctor too.
    Xacobeo's previous doctor got the boot in April this year when Pino hired-in a dodgy Colombian
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ex-xaco ... ck-on-pino

Nice retirement present for Pino though eh?

It sounds obvious in hindsight, but when hiring a new doctor to run your doping programme, getting someone who is already responsible for 3 EPO busts on the same team is not a good idea.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It sounds obvious in hindsight but being the DS at Kelme and Phonak is enough to be worried about Alvaro Pino and how he runs a team. In fact it sounds obvious without hindsight.
  • is anyone honestly really surprised by this?????

Sella school of GT excellence. Am only surprised he wasn't caught last year. has anyone seen Peter Sagan lately
    Robert Millar for knighthood
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    alanmcn1 wrote:
    is anyone honestly really surprised by this?????

Sella school of GT excellence. Am only surprised he wasn't caught last year. has anyone seen Peter Sagan lately

really like Sagan so hope he is a new generation of natural talent
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I saw Sagan in Montreal and Quebec.
  • afx237vi
    Not really sure how you can look at Mosquera and draw any parallels with Sagan. They're about as opposite as you can get, surely?

One has shown immense talent literally from day 1 of his career, the other was a journeyman pro bumming around Spain and Portugal (Warning! Warning!) with mid level teams until one day he suddenly wakes up, in his mid thirties, as the reincarnation of Bahamontes.
  • afx237vi wrote:
    Not really sure how you can look at Mosquera and draw any parallels with Sagan. They're about as opposite as you can get, surely?

One has shown immense talent literally from day 1 of his career, the other was a journeyman pro bumming around Spain and Portugal (Warning! Warning!) with mid level teams until one day he suddenly wakes up, in his mid thirties, as the reincarnation of Bahamontes.

Simply working on the "where the hell did he/that come from" hypothesis.

Scarponi intrigues me too.............again
    Robert Millar for knighthood
  • iainf72
    afx237vi wrote:

Sagan was good before turning pro too.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    alanmcn1 wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Simply working on the "where the hell did he/that come from" hypothesis.

Scarponi intrigues me too.............again

Sagan is 20 years old - "where the hell did he/that come from" suspicion surely applies to riders with mediocre careers suddenly and inexplicably (well) improving

Scarponi, well
  • Kléber
    Scarponi was busted in Puerto, he was codename Zapatero and Il Presidente. He's not exactly a surprise.
  • Kléber wrote:
    Scarponi was busted in Puerto, he was codename Zapatero and Il Presidente. He's not exactly a surprise.

Hang on a sec - am I missing something? Has Scarponi been collared as well?
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • really like Sagan so hope he is a new generation of natural talent

What, like Thomas Dekker you mean?
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    I feel really sad :cry:, really like Mosquera and Xacobeo kids.

Only a question, in spanish newspapers said that they are no banned yet, why?
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • FJS
    victorponf wrote:

According to Sporza Mosquera and Garcia haven't officially been notified yet. It's all media reports up till now
  • afx237vi wrote:

So true. This was just a matter of time.
  • Pokerface
    FJS wrote:
    victorponf wrote:

According to Sporza Mosquera and Garcia haven't officially been notified yet. It's all media reports up till now

There is a UCI bulletin on their website. Would be surprised if they hadn't been notified before the UCI put it on there.
  • Kléber
    No, the protocol is the rider gets informed of the positive test before it's made public.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,221
    victorponf wrote:

Don't they need the B result before they can ban anyone (assuming the riders request the B sample test)?
  • FJS
    Perhaps the Sporza report needs updating, but it specifically mentions their agent saying they haven't personally been contacted yet while it's all in the open. Well, a leak here and there wouldn't be anything new...
  • Getty
    1b08345fd1e497a3084aba1af9755137-getty-files-cycling-esp-doping-mosquera.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pokerface
    Pross wrote:
    victorponf wrote:

Don't they need the B result before they can ban anyone (assuming the riders request the B sample test)?

Only if the rider requests it.
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Will be interesting to see how this develops as it will have a bearing on Mosquera et al :

www.cyclingnews.com/news/sevilla-may-ra ... f-b-sample
  • I suppose that one can only say that things have improved over the years!
    http://www.podiumcafe.com/2010/9/24/170 ... s-take-two
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.