The first pic is nice though.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    oh balls i have loads of pics. i'll just link to the albums

Farmer Johns DH:
    http://jacob-jay-12.pinkbike.com/album/Farmer-Johns/

MTB Pursuits 4X:
    http://liam-sass-jumpin.pinkbike.com/album/MTB-Pursuits-Harthill/
    (the whole of page 1 and a bit of page 2)

PS: ignore the random pics from both albums.
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    Van battery is stuffed so rode locally, the Hillingdon trail in north London, pretty but a bit flat, still 70km in 3.5 hr :)
    p3pb5845763.jpg
    Don't think, BE:
  • img0468912x684.jpg

Last Thursday afternoon. Bike prepped for tomorrows club run, so what could be nicer than a 2hr jolly in the Autumn sunshine just to make sure everything is how I like it.
    Rain forecast for tomorrow :D
    Lots of tracks like this where I live (north Manche, Normandy).

Be nice to all cyclists - you may want to borrow a pump one day :-)
  • Dan Dare
    Dan Dare Posts: 367
    Taken on a ride over at Edale in the Peaks yesterday

77121_10150317663705705_892605704_15444852_3913894_n.jpg
  • :D This morning while having fun in the woods :D

img0492qb.jpg

• 4783365128_e111bfbcd0_b.jpg

4782742327_9a27fbd48d_b.jpg

4782755119_0feede9385_o.jpg
    LOL road riding.
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    kinelljohn wrote:
    :D This morning while having fun in the woods :D

img0492qb.jpg

Captured and stored for life in the world wide web.
    :lol::lol::lol: :oops:
    Don't think, BE:
  • :wink:

• A couple of pictures from when I was out filming the other day. The first one is from my camera and the 2nd is from my video camera, just a captured frame so I hope the quality is OK...

5124928309_55b50581b4.jpg
    Carlos on My New Line by basqueMTB, on Flickr

5164696821_bc32c837d4.jpg
    BasqueMTB - The Video by basqueMTB, on Flickr
  • First 2 from last weekend in The Peaks (The Beast Descent):

31102010104-1.jpg

31102010103-1.jpg

And yesterday at the top of The Twrch Trail at Cwmcarn:

09112010110-1.jpg
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    You know, I think this thread might be threatening to head somewhere back in the direction it was originally started...
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • You know, I think this thread might be threatening to head somewhere back in the direction it was originally started...

....with breathtaking views and clean bikes ARF ARF. :D

Seriously, the thread title speaks for itself. If only Travel Mag Cover quality is required/appreciated then the thread title should reflect this. And you know, different things motivate to "get out and ride".
    IMO, perched on a lonely hilltop - alone, is no motivation at all but pretty pictures nonetheless.

So, remove the blinkers. If you don't like what you see just ignore it :wink:

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    kinelljohn wrote:
    You know, I think this thread might be threatening to head somewhere back in the direction it was originally started...

Seriously, the thread title speaks for itself. If only Travel Mag Cover quality is required/appreciated then the thread title should reflect this. And you know, different things motivate to "get out and ride".
    IMO, perched on a lonely hilltop - alone, is no motivation at all but pretty pictures nonetheless.

My thread my rules. It's all explained in the first post.
    Anyway, right, here's a thread for inspirational pictures, images that stir your soul, and urge you to go for a ride, the level of photographic technicality is irrelevant.
    Here's some ground rules.
      This is for pictures that inspire, or have that special something only, not just any old snapshots of you and your mates.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    kinelljohn wrote:

My thread my rules. It's all explained in the first post.
    Anyway, right, here's a thread for inspirational pictures, images that stir your soul, and urge you to go for a ride, the level of photographic technicality is irrelevant.
    Here's some ground rules.
      This is for pictures that inspire, or have that special something only, not just any old snapshots of you and your mates.

Let's stop the bickering and just start a ," Got any photos you must show us " thread and have done with :roll:
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • My thread my rules.....

OK...nuh nuh nunuh nuh :lol:

So submissions can only be what you consider to be insperational then?
    Why not go the whole distance and limit contributions to yourself - that way you are certain to get what you want :)

• Richie63 wrote:
    Let's stop the bickering and just start a ," Got any photos you must show us " thread and have done with :roll:

Right on, I'm with you.

• Anonymous
    kinelljohn wrote:
    My thread my rules.....

OK...nuh nuh nunuh nuh :lol:

So submissions can only be what you consider to be insperational then?
    Why not go the whole distance and limit contributions to yourself - that way you are certain to get what you want :)
    No, they're just meant to be inspirational images, to anyone. Not just your average pictures of bikes, or you with a group of your mates.
    I don't have any problem with your picture of you (is it you?) in the mini lake. That kind of thing is fine, it plays to the nature of mountain biking - riding bikes in stupid places. But several people are just posting any old crap.
  • This is a good thread. :-)

Some of the posted images are excellent, even professional I would say in both location and photographic technique; but they can't all be so some "also ran's" are bound to find their way in. These should be accepted in the spirit given as they probably mean a lot to the contributor.

Ability and equipment, despite being ruled out in the criteria, appears to be essential in satisfying the criteria, but I won't bother back-tracking this and the previous thread to assess/comment on the "any old cr#p" to which you refer. Maybe bike-a-swan will enlighten us to the contributions which met with his/her disproval?

The point I make here, is the mini-lake picture is "just a snapshot of me and my mates" and as such doesn't really qualify! Had I been a split second faster getting may camera out I would have photographed the rider as horizontal as his bike which I am sure would have qualified the image as one with "that special something" and "riding mountain bikes in stupid places". However, with the water streaming out the back of his tights I considered it an entry. No, it wasn't me thankfully - the water was freezing.

I said at the beginning "this is a good thread" for the following reason:
    In order to submit images which for various reasons inspire, the contributors have themselves been inspired to go out and capture "that special moment", and riding bikes is what this thread, this forum and this website is all about.

Over to you bike-a-swan - what's upset you then ?

• Anonymous
    Perfect example of crap is dizzington's picture of his bike. That is nothing but a picture of his bike.
    Doombrain's pic, whilst having a bike IN IT, also shows a Cairn, and points to something more than "here's my bike".

Likewise, your pic of the mini lake captures a silly moment - we all get wet and muddy in winter, what better way to highlight that that somebody with their bike submerged?

If you don't "get" it, then don't even bother. I'm guessing photos don't take your breath away and make you itch to get out on your bike right NOW.
  • Are you suggesting cold water doesn't take your breath away :lol: (Just a joke).

Bad guess about getting it - amateur photographer for many years and yes, I do appreciate a good photo.
    But just how does a picture of trees (a very good picture of trees) inspire one to ride a bike, I don't get that???? (your picture not mine).

As for itching to get out and ride my bike right NOW - you are now being truly insensitive bordering on cruel. I have been bedridden with bronchitis since Monday and my bike is still in a semi-washed state in the conservatory after last Sundays XC. Just you wait....

• Anonymous
    kinelljohn wrote:
    Are you suggesting cold water doesn't take your breath away :lol: (Just a joke).

Bad guess about getting it - amateur photographer for many years and yes, I do appreciate a good photo.
    But just how does a picture of trees (a very good picture of trees) inspire one to ride a bike, I don't get that???? (your picture not mine).
    For me, and several others, the forest is our second home. Those moments when you get to see the sun glinting through the branches are what puts a smile on my face. When I'm stuck in the studio, daydreaming about being out on the bike, that is almost exactly the vision I have in mind of where I'd rather be.

Being an amateur photographer for several years doesn't mean you "get" anything. I've seen plenty of pictures from people selling expensive gear, and none of them were anything more than point and shoot shots.
    Likewise, I've seen stunning images taken on mobile phones, by people who have never professed to an interest in photography at all.
    This in an arty farty thread, through an through, if you don't like it, stuff it.
    Plenty of others appear to appreciate it.
  • You are reading my posts are you?

You suggested a good photo doesn't take my breath away. On the contrary.
    I rejected that suggestion on the grounds my other hobby inpires me to try to take photo's which do just that. I did not say I was qualified.

Your photo of trees is good, but does not inspire instant bike-riding. That is a personal thing between you and your forests.

This is not an arty farty thread and I do like it and instead of stuffing it as you put it, I shall follow it as avidly as the rest of the forum who are sitting back enjoying it also :wink:

• Anonymous
    kinelljohn wrote:
    This is not an arty farty thread
    Again, you are missing the point. :roll:
    It is meant to be. But never mind, your arguing has wasted enough space.
    Time to get a mod to either delete the thread, or the last page or so of crap?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yeehaaa does have a point regarding bike pics: the Your Rides section is meant for those.

Lets get back to pics!
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    I'm finding the pictures inspirational and the captions helpful... the digression less so.

Here's my contribution... taken by a friend of mine during a photo session on a hidden trail somewhere in Hampshire :D. This was one of his test shots, but I think it captured the mood of riding your own trails better than any of the action pictures that day.

crw_0003.jpg
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    A couple of pictures from when I was out filming the other day. The first one is from my camera and the 2nd is from my video camera, just a captured frame so I hope the quality is OK...

5124928309_55b50581b4.jpg
    Carlos on My New Line by basqueMTB, on Flickr

5164696821_bc32c837d4.jpg
    BasqueMTB - The Video by basqueMTB, on Flickr

Wow, bright colours, like an oil painting!

• Stunning. Superb. Congrats.

• Anonymous
    Bartimaeus wrote:
    I'm finding the pictures inspirational and the captions helpful
    Let's make that a rule from now then. A short blurb explaining why the picture you post hits the spot for you.
    I love the shot, it definitely captures the mood of a day's riding. No posing, nothing dangerous, just capturing the moment nicely.
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    kinelljohn wrote:
    Over to you bike-a-swan - what's upset you then ?

Nothing really, I try not to get upset on the internet (except over obscure technical analogies regarding spd pedals, but lets not start that again.... :wink: ).

I just felt that it had seemed to be moving away from the original point yeehaa made it for. Some of the pictures were pretty, just maybe not in the vein of the thread- or maybe they were as far as you're concerned. Yeeha's decision there really...

No worries, eh!
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.