• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Nope it isn't.
  • divingmoose
    divingmoose Posts: 540
    Great photos Majski
  • Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    Couple more to add to this - me riding this time.

Picota DH track in Portugal last weekend. I've never seen anything like what they have there. Huge volcanic moulded granite features sticking out of the mountains that make for some pretty amazing riding

TomMaria-30-2.jpg

Hopton last summer - just because big corners make everyone grin

DSC00329.jpg

Out on the trail bikes at Coed Y Brenin - we camped in a field nearby for 2 weeks without a car. It was amazing to get away from civilization for a good amount of time and spend days on end exploring singletrack in the woods. During the middle of the week Coed Y brenin can feel really isolated which I love when we're out on the trail bikes.

Tom5.jpg

And these two i'll just share for the comedy value!

The Mrs washing my bike - the way it should be done

IMG_0367.jpg

Lucky timing of some guy bailing out over in Chatel

41335_424012624630_515834630_4670327_278269_n.jpg
  • tv
    tv Posts: 338
    man that last one is a great picture :shock:
  • Majski
    He walked away unharmed luckily!
  • Majski
    too much arse in the 2nd one! does not get me pumped to ride!

the one on the steps is cool though, looks good with a bit of lean on it
  • streetvw
    streetvw Posts: 164
    pausing in Macc Forest for a kodak moment, after a bit of a climb :P (iphone quality)

As17T1aCQAA9kPq.jpg

AspXeShCEAA7Fhw.jpg
    2011 Canyon Nerve XC7 viewtopic.php?t=12765275
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    delcol wrote:

this is what i have been thinking for the last few pages..

i think this thread needs a different title.

Got to agree.

Some good photos getting posted, but most posters either haven't got the point of the thread or simply haven't read the first post.

There's a place for photos of dudes on bikes looking 'ardcore, but this thread wasn't supposed to be it. You can see why Yeehaa used to get wound up about it.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • bennett_346
    Clank wrote:
    delcol wrote:

this is what i have been thinking for the last few pages..

i think this thread needs a different title.

Got to agree.

Some good photos getting posted, but most posters either haven't got the point of the thread or simply haven't read the first post.

There's a place for photos of dudes on bikes looking 'ardcore, but this thread wasn't supposed to be it. You can see why Yeehaa used to get wound up about it.
    +1

Hardly any of these photos, whilst being decent photos (some of them...), actually make me want to ride with regards to what the thread is actually about.
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 402
    How is anyone going to know what particular type of photo makes any particular person want to ride?
    Why should they care?

I'm enjoying pretty much all of the photos in here. To those being critical - even up your negativity by doing something constructive.
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    +1 what tom said
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 402
    2012_05_20-EQ-Bikefest-Southampton-058.jpg
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    2012_05_20-EQ-Bikefest-Southampton-058.jpg
    wow thats an amazing bike! i wanna go!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    4895609032_d74795b73b_z.jpg

this is my personal favourite and accessable from my front door! (after a couple of hours..)
  • appy
    appy Posts: 408
    55484110150799698387335.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Majski
    All people seem to photograph is their bike leaning against something. Hardly inspiring stuff.
  • appy
    On the contrary, the picture above speaks a thousand words to me. Everything's in place ready for a great ride, the bike, the lid, the height, the weather etc etc
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Or alternatively the ride is over the rider is in an ambulance and some pikey is going to make off with his bike and lid any minute.

It's not a great photo of either the landscape or the bike in my opinion - it only makes me want to go ride because its got a bike in it and I am at my desk in an office!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • appy
    it only makes me want to go ride because its got a bike in it and I am at my desk in an office!
    Job done then, im off out for a ride now see ya
  • bennett_346
    I think it is a good photo, and it does make me want to ride. It's all casual and sunny n stuff.
  • Majski
    Is it taken at stile cop? Looks like it is. In which case it makes me not want to ride!
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Majski wrote:
    Is it taken at stile cop? Looks like it is. In which case it makes me not want to ride!

Think so. It's OK there, i'm looking forward to getting to go back now I can ride a bit better :D
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Majski wrote:
    All people seem to photograph is their bike leaning against something. Hardly inspiring stuff.

whats your entry then? Bike leaning up against things 'cause I cant ride and take a pic of myself at the same time!
  • Majski
    i've put plenty in, just scroll backwards

No one said it had to be a photo of you riding
  • appy
    Majski wrote:
    Yes its Stile Cop, was a great day as Tom Night was being filmed so got to watch a real pro doing it in style.

Why does it make you not want to?
  • appy
    So people dont want to see pics of bikes, they dont want scenery and they dont want action shots??? Well im stumped then as that pretty much covers all biking pics doesnt it?

What about my pic of the missus doing a night ride with me tonight round Cannock, will this meet the criteria of this thread?

nightride.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • bennett_346
    :lol:
  • Majski
    appy wrote:
    they dont want action shots???

A bike leaning against a post is hardly an action shot
  • Majski