Pope

1235»

Comments

• popping-popcorn-with-cell-phones-2.jpg

I think we settled on sweet because salted is wrong :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • "Well, look at it this way. If you'd been a British soldier in 1944, and you'd come across him in battle, what would you have said he was? "

I would never have joined the war, I would have emigrated to South America in the mid 30s when I saw what way the wind was blowing.

Both of us can avoid giving a straight answer.

Your lies about the pope are ignorant and offensive, pack it in you colossal bellend.

So much anger. Whatever happened to turning the other cheek?

I'm pretty sure I said I'd have fought in the war on the side of the Allies.

You, OTOH, would have run away.

I know what I would have said he was, in the context of my question. Pretty sure you do too. You just don't want to admit it.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • I would never have joined the war, I would have emigrated to South America in the mid 30s when I saw what way the wind was blowing.

To be joined by all the Nazi's in 1945......

I would have fought against the nazis....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Can we not all agree religion is just an attempt to make people behave nicely towards each other and this pope visit is a money making exercise at our expense?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jamesco wrote:
    I'm agnostic & still find these attacks on the man spiteful

"Spiteful"? FFS, "spiteful"?

Do *not* get me started on the Catholic Church.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Greg66 wrote:
    jamesco wrote:

Bet you didn't expect the spanish inquisition, eh, Greg? ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I can't be bothered to read 7 pages, exec summary plse?

Is it safe to say the Pope "loves" children and has a panzer parked on his drive, that about the jist of it ...?

Who wouldn't love this face
    pope_benedict_saturno_hat_xlarge.jpeg

I hear he's followed around by these dudes.
    monty-python-spanish-inquisition.jpg

Oh and don't mention Z war!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Greg66 wrote:
    jamesco wrote:

Yep, Greg, spiteful. The man isn't a Nazi and never was and yet you've stated repeatedly that he is one. Like I said, there're plenty of things the Catholic church can be condemned for, but your repeating this ad nauseum when it's so demonstrably untrue comes across as spiteful.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Spend some time thinking about your children being tortured in front of you and the decision becomes less straightforward, do you agree?

[rant]

Yes - it does! The Catholic church has allot to answer for and apologise for in the field of children.....perhaps they would like to give some of that vast wealth to the many innocent victims?!

Ah, no they can't because that would admit that the pope is fallible....and lets face fact, the Catholic church is a business and needs the huge art collection, land, buildings and wealth....so that they can discriminate against the gay community and allow third world people to die from a disease it can help prevent spreading.

Hence the policies on condoms/sex - more little Catholics running about to support the church funds.......

[/rant]
  • itboffin
    jamesco wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    jamesco wrote:

Yep, Greg, spiteful. The man isn't a Nazi and never was and yet you've stated repeatedly that he is one. Like I said, there're plenty of things the Catholic church can be condemned for, but your repeating this ad nauseum when it's so demonstrably untrue comes across as spiteful.

That Greg66 he's a total ***t and I suspect a neo-nazi too
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clever Pun
    Papal-visit-to-UK---001.jpg
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • As a 14-year-old, the future Pope was conscripted into the Hitler Youth, along with the majority of his age cohort.

That year, 1941, one of his cousins, who had Down’s syndrome, was murdered in the Nazis’ monstrous “euthanasia” campaign.

Calling the pope a nazi is a crappy, horrible thing to do.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Oh come on fellas,

I'm a complete, total, unremitting atheist (despite years of divinity at school)

I dislike the idea of religion as an opiate for the masses, and another one to add to sex, land, jealously of those who 'have', and money as one of the major causes of war, suffering and misery in the world.

I would ask why they put lightning conductors on churches? :lol:

Having said that though, let 'em get on with it if they want to. I've no problem with anyones beliefs.

Places in charge of children will always harbour shorteyes - swimming instructor, gymnastics teacher, scoutmaster anyone? And it was a very rare youth in those days in Germany who would stand up and say 'Feck You'

Doesn't stop me laughing at the jokes though. Chill dudes!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    Indeed, I'm not sure party membership was optional. As has been said, there is plenty that yo can legitimately attack him for, so why repeat something so thin.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • I would never have joined the war, I would have emigrated to South America in the mid 30s when I saw what way the wind was blowing.

I bet you would have been fab!

I expect you'd have a grizzled sergeant who hated you at first but you ended up earning his grudging respect.

Have you thought about whether you'd be a pilot or submarine captain?

I bet you would have been fab!

I expect you'd have a grizzled sergeant who hated you at first but you ended up earning his grudging respect.

Have you thought about whether you'd be a pilot or submarine captain?

No, I would probably have been killed as so many were. I am talking about living in Britain in the late1930's and being attacked by Germany. So many gave up so much, and I for one an eternally grateful to them, and to the americans and others. I have visited the graveyards of WW1 and WW2 and wept seeing the waste of so much life, but also proud knowing what they sacrificed for us.

I dislike religion, but do not think the Pope is evil or a Nazi.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • jamesco wrote:

I don't think I've said "is". "Was".

Anyway, it seems that I'm quite wrong. Any association he may have had was purely involuntary. He was made to do it. As if he were, well, following orders, if you will.

Let's have a picture to make us feel better.

pope_benedict_XVI_in_robes.jpg

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    Now fancy that I have that very same cross, came with the knighthood :roll:
  • Clever Pun
    A mate put this together... heh

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7162013/
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Like it!!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,181
    Clever Pun wrote:
    A mate put this together... heh

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7162013/
    :lol:

Very good indeed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]