Orange 2010 P7 Custom Build - Home Grown & Watered!

124»

Comments

• max丨mo
    max丨mo Posts: 177
    It's all our business I expect since he posted the whole thing on a public forum.

DMC has just as much right to build bikes and never ride them as we do to cast our opinions and discuss the matter.

Having said that, DMC's and Big Cheese's threads are two of the most enjoyable I have ever had the pleasure to browse, but you must be able to see why spending over a year building a 3K bike when you don't actually ride bikes yourself is quite a peculiar thing to do.
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    anti climax springs to mind. maybe he felt compelled to build a bike of such value with everybody egging him on but when reality kicked in and he realised he.d spunked £3000 on a bike he didnt really want he set about the task of paying his smouldering credit card off perhaps ?
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    The DMC bike build was a bit of a special case though. I'm with Monkey face in thinking that bike was never going to get ridden round the living room, never mind in anger in dirty land. But hey-ho, shit does happen, things and circumstances do change.

Big Cheese is a different separate case not helped by the fact that his eyes are 1 inch apart and he inherited wealth, and is actually a day release mental patient .
  • Oh, and Ben, IIRC, Cheesy owned the Marin for longer than you owned the P7. Just saying.

I never mentioned Cheesy in this thread - he brought himself into it!

Anyways, I imagine that the P7 still got more use than the Marin :lol:
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Briggo wrote:
    can't be arsed unless there is a direct comment aimed at me.

Sold your Stumpy yet?

"Hey - you're a funny guy" :roll:

Note to self "Do NOT feed the Troll"

If you do feed me though I am quite partial to a beefburger.
  • mac245
    mac245 Posts: 48
    Thing of beauty - I would be scared to ride it!
  • That's a beautiful looking bike. Would be a shame to get such a nice white frame dirty... who am I kidding, cover that thing in mud.
    '09 Rocky Mountain Fusion
  • Hey hey chaps :shock:

I'm still alive and I still have the bike.

Firstly, the main reason I stepped over to the dark side is because the amount of infantile users on here seemed to grow every day, bit like gremlins placed in water! (you know who you are!!!)

and my wife has been very ill for a long time and she means infinitely more to me than the bike ever will.

Originally I thought I had to sell the bike but it turned out in the end I didn't, there have been some changes to it as I needed to give the XTR shifters to my wife for her bike which led to me changing the rear mech etc.... & the tart in me changed some of the components for colour reasons, but as someone already mentioned, alot of the joy of the build came from the research, spec'ing & buying/building, the riding is just another aspect of the hobby. (pics may follow, depends if I can be bothered really)

but thanks again to the mature faithful, CWNT, Big Cheese etc, you sirs are gentlemen 8) :D

I don't mean for my first post in ages to be a moody one, but hey, what can you do eh! :lol:

I hope everyone is happy and well, and enjoying there biking & I may see you around :D
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    Finally, the wanderer returns. We got a bit worried for that damn fine bit of pimping for a bit.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Hey hey chaps :shock:

I'm still alive and I still have the bike.

Firstly, the main reason I stepped over to the dark side is because the amount of infantile users on here seemed to grow every day, bit like gremlins placed in water! (you know who you are!!!)

and my wife has been very ill for a long time and she means infinitely more to me than the bike ever will.

Originally I thought I had to sell the bike but it turned out in the end I didn't, there have been some changes to it as I needed to give the XTR shifters to my wife for her bike which led to me changing the rear mech etc.... & the tart in me changed some of the components for colour reasons, but as someone already mentioned, alot of the joy of the build came from the research, spec'ing & buying/building, the riding is just another aspect of the hobby. (pics may follow, depends if I can be bothered really)

but thanks again to the mature faithful, CWNT, Big Cheese etc, you sirs are gentlemen 8) :D

I don't mean for my first post in ages to be a moody one, but hey, what can you do eh! :lol:

I hope everyone is happy and well, and enjoying there biking & I may see you around :D
    Sorry to hear about your wife, hopefully she's alright now and you'll have some time to ride that bike of yours now?! Bet it's all dusty and what not, a quick blast down some trails should sort that out ;)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    whay! the best, blingest, most drawn out bike builder is back!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    I didn't see the bit about your wife. Sorry mate, hope she gets well.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    I didn't see the bit about your wife. Sorry mate, hope she gets well.

many, many potato's... send our (BR's) collective love...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    hope your wife is doing well.

glad to hear your back :D