Silly Commuter Bike Weight

1235»

Comments

• itboffin wrote:
    17.5 lbs now after swapping wheelset

105 5700 sucks hairy sailor balls, cheap and nasty

Just under 8 kg is not *that* bad with a cheap(er) groupset though.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    True but ignoring the weight I really dislike that groupset, the shifters are a PITA to thread the gear cables and the mechs just seem cheap, generally I'd say 5700 is a huge step back on 5600.

Finger is poised on the checkout button for a 6700 upgrade. I've used that before and found it more responsive.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    True but ignoring the weight I really dislike that groupset, the shifters are a PITA to thread the gear cables and the mechs just seem cheap, generally I'd say 5700 is a huge step back on 5600.

Finger is poised on the checkout button for a 6700 upgrade. I've used that before and found it more responsive.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/gsd/road-track-bike/campagnolo-2015-athena-black-11-spd-double-groupset?part=GSCAMP2015ATHB11D&sub=conf_GS_CAR&bike=1

I know what I'd rather have.. 8)
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Bare bike (no rack and guards) weighs in at 9066g, that's disc braked MTB wheels and slightly lardy 500g wire bead tyres. With rack and guards its 9814g and the pannier and contents probably add about 3Kg on the way home, 4Kg on the way in (1Kg of food!).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • well I think I have tank for the commute. after reading about the rest of you.

The pain machine is sitting comfortably around 12kg for a bare bike with another half kg for lights.
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • itboffin
    I think it's time for a new weigh in session, my Scott now has ultegra 6700 groupset apart from the shifters and crankset
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • zebra67
    zebra67 Posts: 113
    Probably about 15 kg!! Includes Rack & cable lock for emergencies & 2 sets of lights & mudguards & cages.
  • itboffin
    Rode my 1980s old steel frame today my oh my its buttery smooth but heavy as sin not helped by the 28c tyres, still I wasn't in a rush