Silly Commuter Bike Weight

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    itboffin wrote:
    Changed seatpost - added weight
    Swapped LOOK Keo for Speedplay X2 - minus weight
    changed Carbon centaur std crankset for FSA SL-K carbon

Noooooo! That was a bad move with the cranksets, a very bad move...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    BigMat wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Changed seatpost - added weight
    Swapped LOOK Keo for Speedplay X2 - minus weight
    changed Carbon centaur std crankset for FSA SL-K carbon

Noooooo! That was a bad move with the cranksets, a very bad move...

Never fear the cranksets has now been switched back (post Pyrenees) to the more "nails" 53/39T of pure Campag beauty ....might just pop into the garage and polish my cranks for a bit while my new bling wheelset watches :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Paul E wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    and here they are weighing in at a chunky 1220g the pair 8)

IMAG0315.jpg

Lets just NOT talk about the cost :roll:

Cost! ??

circa £300 ish :?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Just weighed the Equilibrium and it is 10.6kg (21.6lbs) with mudguards. This pleases me no end as it clearly explains why I suck at climbing hills and only adds to my belief that I need and deserve some carbon fibre loveliness if I am to get the most out of my cycling. I'm sure Mrs Trousers will see it that way too.
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:
    and here they are weighing in at a chunky 1220g the pair 8)

IMAG0315.jpg

Lets just NOT talk about the cost :roll:

With latex tubes and Challenge Forte handmade tyres and Ti/Carbon skewers
    IMAG0324.jpg
  • itboffin
    Ribble sportive now weighs a MASSHOOF 15.7lbs (minus pedals & computer)
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    itboffin wrote:
    Ribble sportive now weighs a MASSHOOF 15.7lbs (minus pedals & computer)

7.1kg not bad
  • itboffin
    Yep still cant take a good picture but you get the point. If these tyres work out I could start using them on all my bikes, I really like the retro look they give.

IMAG0325.jpg

IMAG0327.jpg
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I was going to say earlier but I got sidetracked with work that the sidewalls look good, a bit like the handmade tyres they use on Paris-Roubaix (or is it cyclocross) by Dugast but then rebranded by the teams
  • itboffin
    Im pretty sure these were the hardest tyres I've ever fitted but they do look good IMO
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    Finally weighed my steel today, 10.9kg inc saddle bag with multi tool, spare tube and a frame mounted mini pump.
    Could take a kilo off with some weight loss carbon products. Or I could not eat as much ice cream.
    I'll probably do neither
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    13.4kg before I take files home.
  • itboffin
    Hmmm just weighed my complete with pedals (298g) Cervelo R5 a svelt 14.3lbs not bad and once the fork it cut to its final length and the bung replaced should be lighter still maybe even sub 14lbs. 8)

Oh also I currently have heavyish tyres 240g each :shock:

New bike I think
  • stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    14.2 kg moutain bike
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    itboffin wrote:
    Hmmm just weighed my complete with pedals (298g) Cervelo R5 a svelt 14.3lbs not bad and once the fork it cut to its final length and the bung replaced should be lighter still maybe even sub 14lbs. 8)

New bike I think
    Bike weight in old money but component weight in Euros? Make your mind up man.
  • itboffin
    Veronese68 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

New bike I think
    Bike weight in old money but component weight in Euros? Make your mind up man.

tiz more dramatic innit!
  • domgears
    domgears Posts: 135
    I thought I might chime in.

Cervelo R3sl, full DA 7900, Fulcrum Racing 0s, Ritchey carbon bars & stem, Speedplay Zero Ti

Comes in at 6.5kg
  • itboffin
    Scott CR1 SL, alu 3T finishing kit with 105 5700 compact and RS10 wheelset fitted with conti 4000s

Including pocket rocket pump, elite bottle cages and superstar Garmin mount.

18.2lbs
  • Ha over twice the weight, 44lb!

imagejpg1_zps17f2a38f.jpg

oddly it's not that slow, since the spec is reasonably good.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    85-90kg rider. Bike weight somewhat irrelevant.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Canyon Inflite with Ultegra and discs, SKS Bluemels, Vittoria Randonneur Pro 32c, small pump, bottlecages, small saddlebag and garmin mount
    22.5lbs
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Cannondale Lefty - full knobblies, rear tube, front tubeless. 22.7lbs

Boffin your CR1 SL got lead inserts? Mine came in a 7.4kg with XXL frame, commuting wheelset on it, Ritchey WCS and Force 22. Big chunk of that must be 105?

The new Supersix will hopefully come in similar. The "695g frame" in a 60cm appears to weigh 940g (not sure the baby bath scales are accurate so Park Scales ordered). Is there really 35% more carbon in a 60 over a 56?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    dhope wrote:
    Canyon Inflite with Ultegra and discs, SKS Bluemels, Vittoria Randonneur Pro 32c, small pump, bottlecages, small saddlebag and garmin mount
    22.5lbs
    That's good, my Kinesis came out at 9 or 9.5kg with 105 and discs. Don't think it had mudguards on when I weighed it and I think it had heavier tyres on.
    The new steel framed 29er MTB came out at 12kg which I think is pretty good for such a thing.
  • itboffin
    Yeah I'm sure its the 105 and the RS10s I have a set of 6700 shod with veloflex that should slim it down a tad.

I could also swap the 105 for SRAM rival theres a fair saving between those groupsets.
  • JZed wrote:
    Cannondale Lefty - full knobblies, rear tube, front tubeless. 22.7lbs

Boffin your CR1 SL got lead inserts? Mine came in a 7.4kg with XXL frame, commuting wheelset on it, Ritchey WCS and Force 22. Big chunk of that must be 105?

The new Supersix will hopefully come in similar. The "695g frame" in a 60cm appears to weigh 940g (not sure the baby bath scales are accurate so Park Scales ordered). Is there really 35% more carbon in a 60 over a 56?

Paint. A good 150-200g of it.
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:

You been shopping on those chinese sites again? :lol:
  • Following upgrade/trickle down, the Synapse is a respectable enough 9.786 kg, and the CAAD10 is 7.05. Once the rear wheel gives up the ghost on the Synapse, I'll be seriously considering a move to 105 or Rival.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Following upgrade/trickle down, the Synapse is a respectable enough 9.786 kg, and the CAAD10 is 7.05. Once the rear wheel gives up the ghost on the Synapse, I'll be seriously considering a move to 105 or Rival.

What've you got on the CAAD10. Toying with my cycle to work refund from Planet X being reissued for a CAAD10 105 for racing.
  • itboffin
    17.5 lbs now after swapping wheelset

105 5700 sucks hairy sailor balls, cheap and nasty
  • JZed wrote:
    Following upgrade/trickle down, the Synapse is a respectable enough 9.786 kg, and the CAAD10 is 7.05. Once the rear wheel gives up the ghost on the Synapse, I'll be seriously considering a move to 105 or Rival.

What've you got on the CAAD10. Toying with my cycle to work refund from Planet X being reissued for a CAAD10 105 for racing.

KCNC Bars, Stem + Post, Superstar/Pacenti Wheelset with Schwalbe One tubeless, 6800 Ultegra, FSA SL-K Crank, A520 Pedals, Lizard Skins Tape, Placeholder carbon saddle, to be replaced with a carbon Scoop.

I also use an Ultegra/TB14 wheelset for less urgent cycling, bumps the weight up to 7500-ish

The KCNC finishing kit really cut a lot of weight off. The seatpost alone is 150g or so lighter than stock. It's not massively expensive if you're a patient ebayer