I need a solution...

124»

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    My season is over which means I go back into training for next years sportives. Hopefully, I will confident enough to have a whole schedule of them. 200miles a week isn't bad to begin with.

If you want to become a better cyclist I could heartily recommend joining a club.

Nothing improves your cycling more than riding with riders who are a bit faster than you.

You may also want to think about how much 'fun' 200 miles a week of commuting is going to be - it may be better to mix it up a bit.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    A commute through London is always fun. I never grow tired of riding a bike. 200miles but I've got also got many different route options to try out.

I don't know about a club, if I'm the slowest person there then I get disheartend and become even slower.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • tailwindhome
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I don't know about a club, if I'm the slowest person there then I get disheartend and become even slower.

Only one way to find out and I'd be suprised if you were.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    DonDaddyD wrote:

An after thought... in fact I would join a cycle club, hell if I was fit, I'd happily race!

To my knowledge there are no Cycle clubs in Wimbledon (not Kingston wheelers) they're all Aussie and itno Triathlon, running round those parts.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • tailwindhome
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

An after thought... in fact I would join a cycle club, hell if I was fit, I'd happily race!

To my knowledge there are no Cycle clubs in Wimbledon (not Kingston wheelers) they're all Aussie and itno Triathlon, running round those parts.

Not being from That London I wouldn't know about clubs in your area.

IIRC CJCP is in club, possibly JonGinge also. They could keep you right. I'm sure most clubs would be happy to let a newbie tag onto a club run.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    London Dynamo, DDD.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    There are a few further south that might be within reach:

http://www.surreyleague.co.uk/clubs/clubs.htm

Morden jumps out as being just down the road from you.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition