Weapons...Do you carry anything?

1235»

Comments

• Xiphon
    Xiphon Posts: 47
    Mr Wu wrote:
    Xiphon wrote:
    I say always pack your nine, ready to blast dem fools!

or alternatively, have 5-0 on speed dial.....

:P

Tupac just called, wanted to know if he could have his vocabulary back....

Tell him it's in the post... sorry, mail.
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    Xiphon wrote:
    Mr Wu wrote:
    Xiphon wrote:

I've just tried dialing 5-0 on my phone. I got through to Eric. I told him my predicament and he said he needed to eat a Banana or something.... Strange...
  • Xiphon
    Mr Wu wrote:
    Xiphon wrote:
    Mr Wu wrote:
    Xiphon wrote:

I've just tried dialing 5-0 on my phone. I got through to Eric. I told him my predicament and he said he needed to eat a Banana or something.... Strange...

ha ha, that just bought back memories of me as a young kid, watching Bananaman on TV! Super Ted; Smurfs; Dangermouse.... oh happy days.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Did you know Superted was originally Welsh?
  • Xiphon
    Did you know Superted was originally Welsh?

Yes, and the author was my neighbour funnily enough. He had a massive art production studio in his garage, of all his sketches. Absolutely amazing to visit as a child.

I also remember watching the Smurfs on C4 in Welsh, ha ha
  • Mr Wu
    Me and the missus were trying to out 80's each other to see who could remember the most :0)

remember charly chalk? Nobody would take his bike.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Mr Wu wrote:
    remember charly chalk? Nobody would take his bike.

Come on, he had a wacky way of walking, i don't think he'd pedal very well
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Mr Wu
    That's cause Charly used to be a roadie.
  • m00nd0g
    m00nd0g Posts: 176
    chain whip could be nasty
  • Least this isnt america,

Carrying a gun is a good idea on a ride?

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?133686-anyone-carry-a-gun/page2
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    I've just spent the last 10 mins reading some of the posts on that US forum... absolutely terrifying.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I was in a brilliant gun thread on a US motorbike forum, where anecdotal evidence found something like 80 riders who carried concealed on or about their person- of which one had once shot at a bear, and the other 79 had never drawn the gun in anger. But something like 5 or 6 of them had fallen off a bike and landed on their gun and injured themselves. That's some bad odds! Guns don't kill people but they might break your hip :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    Least this isnt america,

Carrying a gun is a good idea on a ride?

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?133686-anyone-carry-a-gun/page2

dumb ass yanks.
    their own armed forces spend more time hitting allied troops and civilians than enemy targets so its no surprise the US public are useless handling firearms.
  • Anonymous
    It's both fascinating and scary going into a sports or outdoor shop in America. Kind of like going into your local Millets or JJB, and finding they have a gun section. Even Walmart does, just round the corner from the kids toy section (like ASDA. In fact they own ASDA anyway).
  • Anonymous
    I don't know if that's more or less scary than the seafront shops in Rhyl that sell random children's toys right next to er... toys NOT meant for children. I don't mean right next, as in "next door" either, I mean big carboard boxes, one full of children's stuff, the box next to it not so much.
  • Anonymous
    Oh, and by the way, Sheepsteeth's mum lives in Rhyl.
  • jpstar
    jpstar Posts: 561
    I'd like to have a go on that
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    I do like the deep heat idea, or a can of spray paint...I know you can buy anti rape/attack alarms...but can you get one that also spray ink ?? sure I read about them somewhere..violence against violence is not the answer as it will land you in trouble...shit state of affairs I know but that's what joining the EU did to us..
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • body armor,pen knife,and sometimes in hunting season a pack of small bangers to make them jump
    bison0.jpg
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • Anonymous
    Pudseyp wrote:
    you can buy anti rape/attack alarms...
    You're worried about being RAPED by chavs? Holy shite. We definitely don't have that kind of chav round here. Not that I know of anyway.
    They're all too busy with limes and strings.
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    I know Brizzle well...as was not talking about being ahem raped but more the use of the alarm...many a chav will legit confronted by 150 decibels
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Pudseyp wrote:
    violence against violence is not the answer as it will land you in trouble...shoot state of affairs I know but that's what joining the EU did to us..

I don't think it's anything at all to do with the EU :?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Anonymous
    Pudseyp wrote:
    I know Brizzle well...as was not talking about being ahem raped but more the use of the alarm...many a chav will legit confronted by 150 decibels
    You'd be surprised.
    We've had lots of chavs on work experience in the studio, asking
    "how loud are those speakers?"
    "well, they'll peak at over 150db, and can maintain a steady 135db"
    "Huh?"
    "Loud, really, REALLY dangerously loud, but we never use them to full capacity becau"
    "My mate's got a thousand Watt stereo yeah, not as big as these but really loud. Cost him nearly two hundred quid, really expensive aye"
    "The amplifiers for these are quite a bit more than 1000 Watts per channel. Whatever you do DO NOT turn that volume knob up past the central click when you're playing CDs. Seriously, don't do it"

Cue going to the kitchen or outside for a smoke, when I hear "BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM" coming through 4-foot thick mostly soundproof, concrete walls.
    I rush back in, switch the desk off from outside, and go back into the control room, where I have to SCREAM at the fricking chav just to be heard because they've already permamently damaged their hearing. :roll:

Honest to god, this happens about once a year.
    They'd probavbly try and steal the rape alarm to take to a rave :lol:
  • alexj2233
    alexj2233 Posts: 381
    body armor,pen knife,and sometimes in hunting season a pack of small bangers to make them jump
    bison0.jpg

I have an absolute shitload of them and some much bigger ones :lol: I wouldn't even considering carrying them outside in a bag just for the repercussions of trying to explain to an officer why i have what looks like sticks of dynamite in my bag :D

Would be pretty funny to see a chavs reaction to one coming their way though :P