TdF Stage 16 *spoiler*

Comments

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    There is the live feed at www.letour.fr
    M.Rushton
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    I'm not convinced LA has the legs to win this stage, CH on the other hand?
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Pokerface wrote:
    Horner about to arrive to help pull Armstrong up the mountain.
    nothing like some fresh blood in the attack.... :wink:

:D
  • colint
    colint Posts: 1,707
    8 in the lead group, 3.47 lead over yellow jersey group
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Pross wrote:
    So what's the current situation? Is that break still away or is it just a couple of riders now? Anyone got a live feed link, lunchtime coming up!

http://atdhe.net/21316/watch-tour-de-france
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    ketsbaia wrote:
    Doesn't look to me like they're gifting it to LA.
    That's right, the yellow jersy group are going at it like ten men, they are spread all over the road. Oh hang on a minute...

... Casar, Jurgen Van de Walle, Christophe Moreau , Fedrigo and Cunego are up there with him. Expect they'll just gift him it too, eh?
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Pross wrote:
    So what's the current situation? Is that break still away or is it just a couple of riders now? Anyone got a live feed link, lunchtime coming up!
    Small break of nine away including Armstrong. Yellow jersey group is going so slowly that they are losing about a minute for every ten minutes on the road, and Thor Hushovd and Alexander Kuschynski have ridden off the front towards the break.
  • mrushton
    ketsbaia wrote:
    ketsbaia wrote:
    Doesn't look to me like they're gifting it to LA.
    That's right, the yellow jersy group are going at it like ten men, they are spread all over the road. Oh hang on a minute...

... Casar, Jurgen Van de Walle, Christophe Moreau , Fedrigo and Cunego are up there with him. Expect they'll just gift him it too, eh?

He prob. has their 'files' handy
    M.Rushton
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    Pross wrote:
    Small break of nine away including Armstrong. Yellow jersey group is going so slowly that they are losing about a minute for every ten minutes on the road, and Thor Hushovd and Alexander Kuschynski have ridden off the front towards the break.

not forgetting BB talking bollox and doing everything he can to discredit Armstrong being in the break. :wink:
  • colint
    Pross wrote:

Sean Kelly seems to think a lot of the yellow jersey group are "on the rivet", but hey, what does he know
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • BikingBernie
    edited July 2010
    ketsbaia wrote:
    Perhaps 'gift' is the wrong word when the checkbooks come out. After all, just imagine the size of the under-the-table 'bonus' that Armstrong could offer them, a common practice in pro bike racing. :wink:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    Mettan wrote:
    Pross wrote:

http://atdhe.net/21316/watch-tour-de-france

Damned, work for about 2 secs then stopped :-( I assume Wiggo got caught?
  • mrushton
    Perhaps a Shack contract for some? Moreau is finishing so a 'bonus' might help his retirement - a nice casa in Mexico?
    M.Rushton
  • BikingBernie
    colint wrote:
    Sean Kelly seems to think a lot of the yellow jersey group are "on the rivet", but hey, what does he know
    He is probably thinking of the donkeys who shouldn't really be still there at this stage in the climb. :wink:
  • stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 560
    ketsbaia wrote:
    Perhaps 'gift' is the wrong word when the checkbooks come out. After all, just imagine the size of the under the table 'bonus' that Armstrong could offer them, a common practice in pro bike racing. :wink:

you really are a poison little troll. Id hate to have your outlook on the world or be so consumed by one thing. get a life
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • BikingBernie
    stokepa31 wrote:
    ketsbaia wrote:
    Perhaps 'gift' is the wrong word when the checkbooks come out. After all, just imagine the size of the under the table 'bonus' that Armstrong could offer them, a common practice in pro bike racing. :wink:
    you really are a poison little troll. Id hate to have your outlook on the world or be so consumed by one thing. get a life
    Sorry to spoil the fairy-tale, but 'buying' races is all a part of the sport.
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    stokepa31 wrote:
    ketsbaia wrote:

A little harsh, but +1 for the sentiment.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    stokepa31 wrote:
    ketsbaia wrote:

Too true
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • simon johnson
    simon johnson Posts: 1,064
    I don't recall Omega/Silence-Lotto ever working for Cadel like they're doing for Van de Broeck!
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • colint
    I'm the last person to defen BB, but doing deals is not unusual. NEver really understood it, surely a win would earn you more over the course of your career, better contract etc.
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    So is Thor going out the back or is he just looking after his team leader :wink:
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854

Even at fairly low pro levels this takes place.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    edited July 2010
    colint wrote:
    I'm the last person to defen BB, but doing deals is not unusual. NEver really understood it, surely a win would earn you more over the course of your career, better contract etc.

It's not unusual, but coincidental that "Bernie" should trot it out when it is Armstrong in the break, when we've had several French riders win from breaks and no-one has seen fit to mention it.

So far from "Bernie" we've had "the peloton are going to gift Armstrong the stage", and now "Armstrong is going to buy the stage". All eventualities covered.

This is the time when you can tell who is anti-doping and who is just anti-Lance. They turn themselves inside out rather than give the guy the smallest bit of credit.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    colint wrote:

Yeah, but funny how it's not been mentioned here until LA gets into a break. I'm no fan of the man, but the constant vitriol on this forum at the mere mention of his name gets pretty tiresome. There's way too much focus on him already without us bickering about him eternally.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I don't recall Omega/Silence-Lotto ever working for Cadel like they're doing for Van de Broeck!

Evans wasn't Belgian...
  • mrushton
    I'm shocked - money changing hands in sport? You'll be saying cricketers have been fixing matches next :wink:

So the Shack are going for the team Prize I presume and LA could get most aggressive rider esp. if he wins the stage?
    M.Rushton
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    How much did Moreau pay to be allowed to do that?

He had a 'crit of 39% you know.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:
    How much did Moreau pay to be allowed to do that?

He had a 'crit of 39% you know.

There's a price list at the end of the unwritten rule book.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    Is Hushovd still in the yellow jersey group? Would be incredible if he makes it, but if he can stay in touch over the aubisque it could well put a spanner in the works of the break. Any other guys in the yellow jersey group with an interest in a bunch finish?