Tour de France stage 15 *spoiler*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    iainf72 wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Samu saying for spanish tv that on the pave him and bertie had problems and andy didnt wait.

Exactly. They were delayed by Franks swan dive, and Andy turned on the gas.

It makes the Tour even more rubbish but hey ho...

I dunno gives us all something to natter about
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Timoid. wrote:
    So, so far this Tour Contador has caught and passed his teammate (and in some ways boss) to deny him a stage win for a gain of 10 secs and then he attacks his rival when he has a mechanical.

Not winning many friends this Tour.

Perhaps there is a silver lining in the form of him being to contrite to do that awful pistolero salute when he dons the maillot jaune.

Sadly not.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Lots of boos on the podium.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    liamg wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    WOW. Looking at that again, Andy had a 6 meter gap on Contador (3 meters on Vino) WHEN HIS CHAIN BROKE!! Ugh.

I want one of those self repairing SRAM chains!

LOL. I meant fell off. Sorry. :)
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    Tough luck, you drop your chain you sort it out end of.

More interesting is whether Schleck will end up paying for thinking it was a 2 horse race and allowing Sanchez and Menchov back into the running.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    yep, i heard booing when AC got his MJ
  • donrhummy
    Wow, they showed Andy watching Contador accept yellow and he did not look like they were going to remain friends.
  • mididoctors
    iainf72 wrote:
    SpaceJunk wrote:

AC might end up winning the Tour, but the cycling community knows who the moral victor is.

Dennis Menchov? The only GC guy who was in the very front group on the stage to Spa?

Do I get a prize?

:lol:
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    edited July 2010
    Andy was approx 25-30 secs behind after dropping his chain 2 times - got to the top of the climb 13 secs behind - not a bad effort - wonders if Lance said anything to Andy, as Andy passed him :D
  • mididoctors
    the big news of course is Radioshack really made ground on the team GC
  • donrhummy
    Andy looks PISSED.
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Hardly a glorious way to take over the Yellow jersey, but the real showdown is yet to come and this might just add a bit of fire to Schleck's belly!
  • mididoctors
    Ryder moves back into the top 10
  • donrhummy
    Interview with Alberto, he's doing this one in spanish now:

He claims he did nto see what happened with Andy. BULLS**T.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    At the end of the day, AC made more enemies than friends today - both in the peloton and in the cycling community.

There will come a time when the tables will be turned, and this will bite him on the bum. Let's hope that day is tomorrow.
  • liamg
    liamg Posts: 193
    I think this make the tour more exciting as Schleck has to attack now. He may have been confident of holding on in the TT but he surely knows that he will never beat Contador in the TT.
  • mididoctors
    liamg wrote:
    I think this make the tour more exciting as Schleck has to attack now. He may have been confident of holding on in the TT but he surely knows that he will never beat Contador in the TT.

+1

at least all this watching each other stuff will come to a stop...
  • donrhummy
    liamg wrote:

The problme is even if Andy gets time in the mountains, he's got to keep it on the descent. And he showed he's poor descender today.
  • mididoctors
    its only a silly bike race
  • SpaceJunk
    edited July 2010
    donrhummy wrote:
    Interview with Alberto, he's doing this one in spanish now:

He claims he did nto see what happened with Andy. BULLS**T.

Wanker.

At least use the Sammy S line of defense and say Andy didn't wait for him on cobbles etc

He's just dug a big hole for himself. I hope he suffers in his jocks.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Listening now to Stephen Roche and Rob Hayles.
    Difficult decision. Going back over history.
    Tough luck but a race situation.
    They feel sorry for him, but chain off is part of pro racing.

That's about it, from them.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    donrhummy wrote:
    liamg wrote:

The problme is even if Andy gets time in the mountains, he's got to keep it on the descent. And he showed he's poor descender today.

who cares as long as he hurts everyone's legs
  • donrhummy
    Armstrong must be loving this. Makes his battle with Contador look a bit different, no?
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    donrhummy wrote:
    Stage 17 finishes at the top of the Tourmalet. :wink:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    JV, Internation Voice of Reason, says:

Vaughters

Hmmmm... Not sure what happened there, couldn't see from the car, but I hope no one attacked while there was a mechanical... 23 minutes ago via UberTwitter
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    someone posted that AS said he would have attacked if this was in reverse.

Not good that AC said he didn't realise, I felt AC had another big attack in him but kept looking round and not sure whether to wait or not so clearly knew what was happening.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    afx237vi wrote:
    JV, Internation Voice of Reason, says:

Vaughters

Hmmmm... Not sure what happened there, couldn't see from the car, but I hope no one attacked while there was a mechanical... 23 minutes ago via UberTwitter

This is bad for Bertie righlty or wrongly his reputation has taken a battering especially now he has come out with the i didnt see it defense.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy wrote:
    Stage 17 finishes at the top of the Tourmalet. :wink:

I'm talking about tomorrow. There's no way Andy can take 2 minutes just on the tourmalet. not on Contador.
  • SpaceJunk
    Maybe AC thought Andy was practicing his track stands?
  • donrhummy
    sherer wrote:
    someone posted that AS said he would have attacked if this was in reverse.

Not good that AC said he didn't realise, I felt AC had another big attack in him but kept looking round and not sure whether to wait or not so clearly knew what was happening.

No, Andy said he would NOT have attacked if it was the reverse.