Tour de France stage 15 *spoiler*

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2010 in Pro race
Another lumpy one with the lovely Port de Balès.

Will Bert and Andy stop mucking about today?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Schleck has to go today. Can Contador follow?

Can Sanchez stay with them? If so, the descent is long enough for him to get back a lot
    of time.

Or could Armstrong choose today for his final shot at a stage in the Tour.
    exercise.png
  • tomb8555
    tomb8555 Posts: 229
    In his interview on ITV highlights last night, Schleck said that yesterday they were just playing games but that he will have to realy go all out over the next couple of days.

I guess he's got to take a gamble that he'll be able to do it in the last couple of stages. If he takes time too early then he'll have to really work hard to defend himself against attacks by Contador. If he just marks Contador until the last one or two mountain stages and then takes time, Contador will have to rely on the TT.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    thor to give it a go across the cat 2's?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    pineau do or die
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    peloton splitting two as astana try to ride off the front

saxo bring it back...
  • mididoctors
    Petacchi trying to go off the front and trump a thor move
  • mididoctors
    thor comes across and marks him out
  • mididoctors
    lampre holding it together for first sprint
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    I predict they ride piano over the Port de (Gareth) Bales and JJ Rojas takes the win, thus making my fiver on him for green a good bet ;)
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    thor to give it a go across the cat 2's?
    Oh yes he must
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • mididoctors
    jez hunt defends thor at intermediate and hoovers up the points
  • mididoctors
    pineau in jezs wheel for the breakaway attack over the top as the bunch sits up after the sprint....
  • mididoctors
    still flat out after 60k

no one getting clear
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,632
    Port de Bales is the same climb as in 2007. Also St.15 and also included Portet d'Aspet.

Vino looking to bag a pair?

_TDF_2007_PROFIL_1500.gif
    Rich
  • mididoctors
    attack a bit before the feed zone

using your head
  • mididoctors
    riders joining... 10 man break going clear
  • mididoctors
    RichA wrote:

Vino looking to bag a pair?

of suspensions?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Same as yesterday.
    Mad charge to the foot of the first climb, (fz) then, the peloton sit up.
    I am at a loss..........
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Same as yesterday.
    I am at a loss..........

Yeah, the same as... er... every other mountain stage ever.
  • blazing_saddles
    afx237vi wrote:
    Same as yesterday.
    I am at a loss..........

Really? I don't think so.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    edited July 2010
    afx237vi wrote:
    Same as yesterday.
    I am at a loss..........

OK, maybe not every mountain stage ever, but it's hardly unusual for the peloton to sit up once a breakaway gets up the road.

If nothing happens on the Balès, then yeah, be disappointed. But I don't know why you expect them to race from three cols out.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    they don't seem to be charging up anymore, looks more like an sportive!!!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • blazing_saddles
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Same as yesterday.
    I am at a loss..........

OK, maybe not every mountain stage ever, but it's hardly unusual for the peloton to sit up once a breakaway gets up the road.

If nothing happens on the Balès, then yeah, be disappointed. But I don't know why you expect them to race from three cols out.

Hey. I didn't say Bales was going to be like it is currently going. There could be attacks.

Anyhow Sean Kelly has just said he didn't know what the tactics were yesterday and they don't really know what is going on today. :)
    He's come down on the side of it being a waiting game.

I thought we would see the breaks having an easier time getting away and more of the blue train effect.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,632
    If AC or AS are hoping to do somethimng surely they don't want the whole peleton arriving at the PdB fresh? Portet d'Aspet is a pretty benign climb and the next cat 2 looks no different. Perhaps this years Saxo are not up to the job of setting a tough pace?
    Rich
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Touch of class about that Fabio Casertelli monument .
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    I've just seen the interview with Jens who with a wistfull smile and a wink said that everything Saxo do has a reason.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    deejay wrote:
    I've just seen the interview with Jens who with a wistfull smile and a wink said that everything Saxo do has a reason.

That's like saying absolutely nothing. No I take that back, it WAS saying absolutely nothing. You make it sound as if he said something profound. :wink::wink:
  • GeorgeShaw
    GeorgeShaw Posts: 764
    deejay wrote:

Mind games. They're trying to mess with Astana and ACs heads.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    deejay wrote:

So Jens going out the back as soon as the road slopes upwards is all part of the grand plan! :lol:
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    deejay wrote:

Could be the case. Do they think 30 secs is enough in the TT for Schleck? or some other
    masterplan. Riis is quite good at plans and producing good TTs

Contador looked for the taking yesterday, but maybe he's playing games too.
    exercise.png